mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Lynskey Pro 29er w/ Zero Stack Headset?

Short version of the story:

Have an opportunity to take advantage of an excellent deal on a Pro 29er frame. I'll have to use all of the parts off my existing ride to build it up, can't afford new stuff right now on top of the frame cost.

My steer tube (Fox F29) is cut too short for the Lynskey frame. The Lynskey has an unusually long head tube compared to many bikes on the market. So, there's a possibility that a zero stack headset will solve the problem, but I'm concerned about messing the the bike's geometry and effectively increasing what is already a fairly steep head tube angle.

Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sell your fox and buy a new one.

metrotuned WoS
    I did the short stack (Crank Brothers licensed from Cane Creek) for a cut too short Fox F29 RLC. It worked as the headset has the shortest stack of all headsets. Too bad the headset sucks ;-) Had to go back to King.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

You Call...We Haul
    Get a new stanchion crown steer assembly from fox. Should set you back about 225 or so...cheaper than a new fork.
    Earlie Cuyler: Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.