mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Lynskey Pro 29 Or A Ridgeline

looking at building a new 29er. the problem is having a hard time deciding between two modles. one is the pro 29 from lynskey and the other is the ridgeline. trying to justify the cost difference.
    any opininions would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Ridgeline, the twisty tubes are not worth the money to me but they may be to others.
    I have 2 Lynskey made frames and love them both. I have a 2010 Vassago Optimus Ti and a Ragley TD:1.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

lynskey

Quote Originally Posted by ratboy
    looking at building a new 29er. the problem is having a hard time deciding between two modles. one is the pro 29 from lynskey and the other is the ridgeline. trying to justify the cost difference.
    any opininions would be greatly appreciated.
    ridgeline for sure my new 2011 super stiff ,lite ,no flex,rides great &better looking than the twisty tubes I think anyway KP

11 is one louder than 10

2011 ridgeline tire clearance?

Hows the tire clearance on the 2011 ridgeline... fixed dropouts or sliders?
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

Lets ride!
    I love the pro....
    In a few years that's where I will head.
    11 Ellsworth Evolve still in box
    10 Salsa El Mariachi Ti
    96 Kona Hei Hei Ti

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Not sure what size Lynskey you are looking for but I have a 2010 Ridgeline SL (slider dropouts) in a Large that I am thinking of selling. IM me if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I need a small , but thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My vote is for the Ridgeline, I don't like the twisty tubes or the new chain stay, looks like an overkill. I'm going to order one by the end of the month for a SS build. They are offering 20% off plus free shipping, so nows the time to buy

Mojo

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

Just got it last week!
    OB1 Kielbasa

One is good!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I've been thinking the same thing myself these past few weeks. The twisty stuff is just not for me so I've been between the Ridgeline and the El Mariachi Ti. Still debating...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Pro29 gets my vote, but I also like the ridgeline.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    2011 Pro. The plate stays aren't just cool looking, they allow you to slam the tire all the way forward (tire clearance) if you want to make your chain stays short. Get your twist on.

mtbr member
    I would get a Pro, well, I guess I would be getting another Pro if I did that.

1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
    Nov 2009
    I went through the same question a while back and eventually got really tired of the pro29 look and much prefer the ridgeline. Eventually got neither and went Quiring.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Something to think about is the kind of racing/riding you do.

I like 24hr Solo races, or anything long, and I normally do them on a 26'er F/S. Recently I decided I should check out 24's on a single speed HT, I looked at the Pro and the Ridgeline and went with the 2011 Ridgeline SL for the more compliant ride - I should have it by end-March. I have a 24 Solo a few weeks after it arrives so I'll see how it treats me then.

If I did races or rides that were less than 3 or 4hrs I might have considered the Pro.

Lets ride!
    They have a pro lefty in small with a carbon lefty for 3000!!!!!

WOW get on that deal

Check the loft
    10 Salsa El Mariachi Ti
    96 Kona Hei Hei Ti

Lets ride!
    Think it is a 2010...but that is a sweet ass deal
    10 Salsa El Mariachi Ti
    96 Kona Hei Hei Ti

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    2011 Pro. The plate stays aren't just cool looking, they allow you to slam the tire all the way forward (tire clearance) if you want to make your chain stays short. Get your twist on.
    The helix downtube does nothing for me so I bought a 2011 Ridgeline with sliders. My 2.2 Continental Mountain King can be run all the way forward with plenty of clearance but I do think the plate stays look much cooler than mine.
    The Good Times are Killing me

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    thanks for all the help. i decided on the pro

Where's Toto?
    I have an older Pro with the curved top tube, sliders, set up as a dedicated singlespeed with a Niner carbon fork. Great bike. I'm not a big fan of the twisted tubes. Asthetics really. Lynskey is a good company to deal with. Great customer service and support so you won't go wrong with either choice. I also race a ProCross during cx season and have had nothing but good luck with it. I'm seriously considering a Ridgeline VF as my 2011 race rig - but having trouble deciding on it or the A9C.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    i bought a used medium 2009 ridgeline VF a year ago and found it a bit small for me(after riding a medium SIR 9 for 2 years) but loved the ride quality. a few months ago i picked up a closeout 2010 large pro and love it though I cannot really tell much difference in ride quality from the ridgeline. if anyone is interested in the 2009 ridgeline- IM/PM me.

mtbr member
    I can not decide. Ive got a 2011 pro29 sl or a 2012 ridgeline sl in my shopping cart. The ridgeline is $300 cheaper but thats not really the issue. I know this has been discussed above, but im looking for help in my decision. Performance wise, are the helix tubes stiffer? The 2011 pro has the plate style chainstay on both sides. I see for 2012 they went to it only on one side. Are the plates stiffer or are they just for added clearance? I think I like the cleaner lines of the ridgeline but if the pro has a performance advantage i would got that route. All input is appreciated. Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jimarin View Post
    I can not decide. Ive got a 2011 pro29 sl or a 2012 ridgeline sl in my shopping cart. The ridgeline is $300 cheaper but thats not really the issue. I know this has been discussed above, but im looking for help in my decision. Performance wise, are the helix tubes stiffer? The 2011 pro has the plate style chainstay on both sides. I see for 2012 they went to it only on one side. Are the plates stiffer or are they just for added clearance? I think I like the cleaner lines of the ridgeline but if the pro has a performance advantage i would got that route. All input is appreciated. Thanks
    I bought a 2011 SL ridgeline and love it, I can fit a Maxxis Ardent 2.3 in the rear, no need for plates like the Pro.

What size are you looking for?

I'm going to sell this one, I'll give you a great price. I only was able to ride it a few times. It is absolutely flawless, I put clear tape on it everywhere, I'm really anal about this.

It has the industrial mill finish

Mojo
    Last edited by Mojo Man; 10-24-2011 at 03:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Size large but I pulled the trigger on the ridgeline last night. Thanks anyway.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ratboy View Post
    thanks for all the help. i decided on the pro
    As did I! I really appreciate the look of the helix tubes and the beefier downtube on the Pro29. The Ridgeline is a great looking bike as well, but just not as much of a "standout" as the Pro29. But who knows, maybe I'll tire of the twists someday and get a more standard looking frame....for now, I'm loving it!

mtbr member
    Hey I got a Ridgeline 29 VF on order, size XL 20.5" frame. Do you guys think I could fit the Schwalbe 2.25" Racing Ralphs on this frame? The specs recommend only up to 2.1, but I've heard of guys running up to 2.3, but I haven't heard of anyone running this specific tire. I'd like to run a bigger volume tire if I can get away with it, just to give a little more cush on the rough stuff. Not sure if the XL frame would provide a bit more clearance too. I'm 180lbs. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm running the 2.2 Rocket Ron's on my 2010 Pro 29 and while I do need to run the sliders a bit back it fits great.
    OB1 Kielbasa

One is good!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmoretime View Post
    I'm running the 2.2 Rocket Ron's on my 2010 Pro 29 and while I do need to run the sliders a bit back it fits great.
    The SL has slider dropouts that can move the tire forward/back for tire clearance. The Ridgeline and Pro VF models do not, so you have to deal with the clearance they give you. Anyone run Schwalbe 2.25 Ralphs or other bigger tires on their fixed dropouts?

mtbr member

Ridgeline VF CS length ...

Was just chatting with Lynskey online. Asked them to confirm the Ridgeline's VF CS length, as they had it listed as 17.1", which I thought would be awesome for the way I like bikes to handle.

As I am chatting with Don Erwin, he says it is 17.5. Tells me he is going to check it, and comes back and confirms it is 17.5. Lastly, he "updates" it on the website. It has been listed as 17.1 as long as I can recall. Suddenly I ask, and they change it to 17.5 .....

I thought that was why rear tire clearance was limited to 2.1, but 17.5 is a normal CS length ..... my Scandal frame had 17.5 CS and I could fit a Racing Ralph 2.25 in the back with lots of space. I don't get why Lynskey recommends only a 2.1" tire?
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    bonsoir, Somebody can explain very exactly which are the differences of sensations between the riding of a ridgeline and a pro29 ? i have a preference for the classical ridgeline look but i need to know if a lucky man have testing the 2 versions.

salutations from Paris

1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
    Nov 2009
    there have been a few discussions on this. My take on it when I was looking at getting a Lynskey, and reading these threads, is that people who have actually riden or owned both said there was no difference. This is for models before the plate stay yoke and extra fat down tube though. One could possibly conclude that the helix doesn't do what it's said to from those posts however.
    Last edited by finch2; 11-11-2011 at 03:10 PM.

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    happy to hear that ! so i am now nearest that the ridgeline. hope see you soon with my project

thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by paris by night View Post
    happy to hear that ! so i am now nearest that the ridgeline. hope see you soon with my project

thanks
    Some easy to point out benefits of the Pro29 over the ridgeline:

2" downtube - stiffer
    Helix tubing - stiffer (although some may argue against this)
    Plate style chainstay - more rear tire clearance

Both great frames. I doubt you could go wrong with either. I'm a big fan of my 2011 Pro29, I have a friend that owns a 2010 ridgeline and has also been very pleased with it.

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    i agree in regards of threads both are very good frame, i ve read some subject on them, but before start a bike i don't want to be sure on the really differences. thanks to confirm. i m finaly decide on the ridgeline. now need to find one....see you soon.

mtbr member
    Reporting back after getting my Ridgeline 29 VF a week ago, its awesome. Its my first 29er so I'm not an expert on 29ers, but I ride a lot and I'm loving mine. Full Sram XX build with Stan's Arch wheels, reba xx fork, Maxxis Ignitor tires, Crank bros handlebar, Ritchey stem, Linskey seatpost, eggbeater 11 pedals. 23 lbs .08 oz.

Its funny how everyone says the 29er can feel a bit slow at first, but this thing is 10 lbs lighter than my FS 26er; it is very agile yet confident.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    It was asked earlier but i could not find an answer. On the ridgeline 29 vf can u run a schwalbe 2.25 tire?

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    magnifique....that's pure bike. simple and attractive,the boz : what's your size frame and the exact weight if you know it ?

mtbr member
    Sweet Ride Boz, you will love it.
    anything Steel

mtbr member
    magnifique....that's pure bike. simple and attractive,the boz : what's your size frame and the exact weight if you know it ?
    I'm 6' 3" and 178 lbs. This is the XL frame size, 20.5". I wanted a frame that will last me a long time. Several cracked carbon frames in the back of my LBS confirmed my decision to go titanium. I love this bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    boz...are u able to fit that 2.25 tire in the vf?

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    great, i am very hot on the ridgeline now ! see you soon for news on it !
    the boz, do you know the exact weight of your bike with the same equipment on your posted photo ?

merci

mtbr member
    great, i am very hot on the ridgeline now ! see you soon for news on it !
    the boz, do you know the exact weight of your bike with the same equipment on your posted photo ?

merci
    My bike as configured weighs 23 lbs and .08 ounces. I didn't weigh the frame before building it up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Only two things I wish this frame had. 1.capacity for a 2.4 on the back and 2. a ML size with a 17.5" seat tube.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    is there a way to get the 44 mm headset with the Ridgeline? Also the PFBB30 would probably stiffen up the bike.

I agree the Pro29 is a sexy work of art and probably very rigid. Maybe not as durable with all those ripples and creases in the frame.

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    10.5 kilogrammes for an XL frame that's great. the weight does it your primary objectif or do you have obtain this weight easily ?

PS i am on a deal for a ridgeline witha a UK seller......i am on the right way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by edebolt View Post
    is there a way to get the 44 mm headset with the Ridgeline? Also the PFBB30 would probably stiffen up the bike.

I agree the Pro29 is a sexy work of art and probably very rigid. Maybe not as durable with all those ripples and creases in the frame.
    Ridgeline comes with the 44mm headtube. You can get the PF30, but any serious custom work is a $1000 upcharge. From the Lynsky site:

The typical upcharge for a custom houseblend geometry is $1000.00 USD added to the base price of your chosen frame. Simple adders such as rack or fender mounts, chain hangers, additional water bottle mounts will be priced per request.

mtbr member
    I got an early Pro 29 but it is really more of a custom frame. It has been the best bike I have ever owned. Prior to the Lynskey I had problems with every other frame I've owned and all of the previous 29'ers broke. Just finished the third season on this bike and I don't have a single complaint.

I also have a Ridgeline that I use mostly as a dual/sport bike. I ride it primarily on gravel and city streets with a bit of singletrack, here and there. It is also a great bike and never lets me down. Both frames are pretty stiff and solid for titanium. I'll be riding Lynskey's as long as they're making them

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    merci beaucoup to everybody for all details ! i have made a very cool deal with a UK seller and the ridgeline is now here+++
    i have a pair of 29 crank brothers, just need the rest..... impossible to post photos now so ŗ bientŰt.

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    hi everybody. i am on the right way with the ridgeline build : just waiting on the headset bearing, tire, and the lynskey can going for the ride test !!
    very very impatient !!

see you soon.

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    the ridgeline is now achieve !! i am going on a test ride the 25 dec (quick test) and i am very impressed by this bike. very light, very rigid. so all your advice was exact (and more)
    the 29 wheel are better for my use, i have 10kms by road to go on my spot. on the spot the big wheel are better also.
    i am not disappointed because the Ti give "un je ne sais quoi" this steel is really fantastic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lynskey Pro 29 Or A Ridgeline-lynskey.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    the ridgeline is now achieve !! i am going on a test ride the 25 dec (quick test) and i am very impressed by this bike. very light, very rigid. so all your advice was exact (and more)
    the 29 wheel are better for my use, i have 10kms by road to go on my spot. on the spot the big wheel are better also.
    i am not disappointed because the Ti give "un je ne sais quoi" this steel is really fantastic.
    very nice! what kind of wheels are those?

profite de la vie !
    Nov 2011
    that's crank brothers cobalt 3 wheels. i am not sure that's "good" wheels for mtb but definitely the best look i've found. i don't use them for mtb practice. only for parisians runs.

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by staylor View Post
    Something to think about is the kind of racing/riding you do.

I like 24hr Solo races, or anything long, and I normally do them on a 26'er F/S. Recently I decided I should check out 24's on a single speed HT, I looked at the Pro and the Ridgeline and went with the 2011 Ridgeline SL for the more compliant ride - I should have it by end-March. I have a 24 Solo a few weeks after it arrives so I'll see how it treats me then.

If I did races or rides that were less than 3 or 4hrs I might have considered the Pro.
    I'm in the same boat as the OP was - Ridgeline or Pro29 (both SL) to run SS and rigid.

Not sure I understand your point about the Ridgeline being more compliant than the Pro - the Ridgeline is designed for Enduro and All Mountain, so needs to be tougher and stronger and therefore should have less flex, whereas the Pro29 looks to me to be a bit lighter built so should be more compliant. Or is my thinking wrong on this?

I need compliant due to a bad back. (Love my steel 853, but it's wearing out and rusting up a bit). I don't want to make the mistake of getting a frame which is almost as harsh as aluminium...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BigwheelsRbest View Post
    I'm in the same boat as the OP was - Ridgeline or Pro29 (both SL) to run SS and rigid.

Not sure I understand your point about the Ridgeline being more compliant than the Pro - the Ridgeline is designed for Enduro and All Mountain, so needs to be tougher and stronger and therefore should have less flex, whereas the Pro29 looks to me to be a bit lighter built so should be more compliant. Or is my thinking wrong on this?

I need compliant due to a bad back. (Love my steel 853, but it's wearing out and rusting up a bit). I don't want to make the mistake of getting a frame which is almost as harsh as aluminium...
    Just a quick reply... I don't own the Lynskey anymore as I'm in my second season of racing for Orbea, so I'm setup with two Orbea Alma 29'er S-Team bikes, both are singlespeeds (and I love them).

I have athletes that are on the Ridgeline 29'er, they race 24 Solo's on that bike and it's taken them to podiums. I can think of three of my guys who could give you an opinion on the Ridgeline as an endurance race bike, drop me an email and I'll shoot you their point of contact if you are really interested in learning more.

You could talk directly with Lynskey to hear their answer, but last time I heard about their staffing they don't have any in-house competitive endurance racers or any experienced grassroots race team that is pushing the frames to their endurance limits and gaining first hand R&D. So the in-house opinion might be more anecdotal versus actual long race distance experience.

When I got my Ridgeline I went through one of Lynskey's in-house sales guys (Mike) who had some racing experience, we had a few laughs swapping 24hr Solo stories over the phone. He's moved on since then, which is a shame as he was a decent guy. At the time when I was trying to make the same decision as you, Mike described the two frames and felt the Ridgeline with the more compliant frame was a smarter choice than the Pro frame which is a harsher ride (in comparison).

If I was facing the same choice as you, I would choose the Ridgeline as I know it to be a podium capable 24hr Solo race bike.

Hope that helps, drop me a line if you want to dig deeper.

Regards,

Shaun

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by staylor View Post
    Just a quick reply... I don't own the Lynskey anymore as I'm in my second season of racing for Orbea, so I'm setup with two Orbea Alma 29'er S-Team bikes, both are singlespeeds (and I love them).

I have athletes that are on the Ridgeline 29'er, they race 24 Solo's on that bike and it's taken them to podiums. I can think of three of my guys who could give you an opinion on the Ridgeline as an endurance race bike, drop me an email and I'll shoot you their point of contact if you are really interested in learning more.

You could talk directly with Lynskey to hear their answer, but last time I heard about their staffing they don't have any in-house competitive endurance racers or any experienced grassroots race team that is pushing the frames to their endurance limits and gaining first hand R&D. So the in-house opinion might be more anecdotal versus actual long race distance experience.

When I got my Ridgeline I went through one of Lynskey's in-house sales guys (Mike) who had some racing experience, we had a few laughs swapping 24hr Solo stories over the phone. He's moved on since then, which is a shame as he was a decent guy. At the time when I was trying to make the same decision as you, Mike described the two frames and felt the Ridgeline with the more compliant frame was a smarter choice than the Pro frame which is a harsher ride (in comparison).

If I was facing the same choice as you, I would choose the Ridgeline as I know it to be a podium capable 24hr Solo race bike.

Hope that helps, drop me a line if you want to dig deeper.

Regards,

Shaun
    No, I'll take your word for it Shaun. Thanks for the comprehensive explanation. The Ridgeline is considerably cheaper in the deal I'm looking at, so I think you've convinced me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Sounds good, it's a fun (and fast) bike, enjoy it!

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    The Ridgeline should be more compliant (read flexible) than the Pro. The new Silver Series even more so, but I think the Ridgeline will walk down the middle of the two pretty well.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    i had a 2012 Salsa El Mariachi Ti which was made by Lynskey and had a huge 2" downtube and big top tube(not sure on the size). I now have a Ridgeline and it is a nice compromise in stiffness and compliance. I prefer it as I thought the El Mariachi Ti was a harsh ride. I weigh 180 pounds and am 6' tall. A lot of personal preference but I wanted something a little closer to the feel I had of my Niner MCR. While the Ridgeline is not at "springy" as the Niner MCR it does remind me of that softer feel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    are you getting a lynskey for the first time? do you mind spending the extra dosh on the twisties?

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by hapeepotter View Post
    are you getting a lynskey for the first time? do you mind spending the extra dosh on the twisties?
    Yes I did mind so went for the Ridgeline

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

2014 Ridgeline

Quote Originally Posted by BigwheelsRbest View Post
    Yes I did mind so went for the Ridgeline
    I had a MT29 and I dented the TOP Tube. I upgraded the
    frame to a 2014 Ridgeline for 900 and gave Lynskey my MT29 Frame only. The Ridgeline is a Great Bike. Putting a SID RCT3 on this week to and Selling the Reba. I also Have 30mm Wide Lightbicycle carbon wheels with I9 torch hubs on it. I went with the Ridgeline because most everything from the MT29 was swapped to the Ridgeline. The stock wheels and fork on the MT Suck. I would Like to Ride a Pro to compare Each Model.........

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Anyone with recent Ridgeline 29 experience?

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    My bike as configured weighs 23 lbs and .08 ounces. I didn't weigh the frame before building it up.
    Do you still have your Ridgeline? How did it hold up over time? Glad you bought her?

mtbr member
    I know of a guy local here with a ridgeline. about 5'9" an 150lbs and strong single speed rider. Cracked it 7 times and finally gave up on trying to get it fixed for the 7th time.

He did put many miles on it and liked it enough that when it broke the first few times he wanted to fix it rather than tossing it.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    It was fun going back in time with this thread and reading my old posts. I never had any problems with the 2011 Ridgeline, it was a great bike. I sold it after a few years only because I wanted to run a wider rear tire, and also because I started to get into racing XC and was looking to shave grams by going carbon. I did end up cracking the next carbon frame that I bought, and that never happened with my ti bike.

Going back to my roots, I just bought a Ridgeline again, which Iím pretty excited about. They have updated the geometry and slackened the head tube a bit (though itís not super slack like some frames out there, which I like) shortened the chainstays as well as provided more room for wider tires with the boost rear spacing. It can fit a 2.6Ē Maxxis Rekon in the rear which is what I was looking for. I canít wait to build this bike up! The only things I could complain about so far looking at this frame is that I wish there were water bottle mounts on the down tube. Internal cable routing would be nice too, like the Salsa Timberjack, which also has a fatter seatpost width for running a dropper if thatís your thing (not for me on this rig which will be for bike packing wth a fat rear bag under the seat). I sure do love the look of fresh titanium! I never loved the look of the twisted Pro, I like the simple clean lines of the Ridge, but thatís a personal choice.

Lynskey Pro 29 Or A Ridgeline-e096ce17-593a-4224-928c-1fa3d414a396.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Thanks for the info. I bought a 2018 Pro and should receive it Next week. Hoping it is a bit stiffer than the Ridge. Went 2x11 with syncro shift Di2 XT. Just wanna go fast. I enjoy your posts. Builder er up great.

mtbr member
    My 2014 Pro29 is my ideal single speed due to the eccentric bottom bracket. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    It was fun going back in time with this thread and reading my old posts. I never had any problems with the 2011 Ridgeline, it was a great bike. I sold it after a few years only because I wanted to run a wider rear tire, and also because I started to get into racing XC and was looking to shave grams by going carbon. I did end up cracking the next carbon frame that I bought, and that never happened with my ti bike.

Going back to my roots, I just bought a Ridgeline again, which Iím pretty excited about. They have updated the geometry and slackened the head tube a bit (though itís not super slack like some frames out there, which I like) shortened the chainstays as well as provided more room for wider tires with the boost rear spacing. It can fit a 2.6Ē Maxxis Rekon in the rear which is what I was looking for. I canít wait to build this bike up! The only things I could complain about so far looking at this frame is that I wish there were water bottle mounts on the down tube. Internal cable routing would be nice too, like the Salsa Timberjack, which also has a fatter seatpost width for running a dropper if thatís your thing (not for me on this rig which will be for bike packing wth a fat rear bag under the seat). I sure do love the look of fresh titanium! I never loved the look of the twisted Pro, I like the simple clean lines of the Ridge, but thatís a personal choice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E096CE17-593A-4224-928C-1FA3D414A396.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	1191481
    Am thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these as well, also for bikepacking. Did you build it with a 100mm or 120mm fork? Could you post some more pictures? There's not much online about the latest model.

mtbr member
    Iím still collecting parts so it isnít built yet. The rims are on order from China and are the last piece of the puzzle. This will be my first set of Chinese carbon wheels and the long lead time is killing me...

I will do a 120mm fork, but Iíll also put a rigid fork on it for gravel-centric trips. I got a Fox 34 120mm but there is also the new Fox 34 SC which drops half a pound. I went from 100 to 120 fork on my XC race bike and I really like it. The extra travel smooths out the front end and provides a lot of confidence.

The frame fits a Maxxis Rekon 2.6Ē well. I canít decide whether to go with the same tire up front or something a bit wider like the Terrane McFly 2.8Ē tire. So I would say it looks like a great bikepacker but a little more tire clearance would be nice. Iím curious if a McFly 2.8 would fit in the back, but I think maybe not. Water bottle mounts underneath the down tube would also be nice, but they will put these on at the factory if requested. The Salsa Timberjack is actually made by Lynskey for Salsa and has the water bottle mounts plus internal cable routing which is cool. The Timberjack is a little slacker at 68 degrees, the Ridgeline is 69.5 degrees but would be about 69.0 with a 120 fork, I actually prefer the Lynskeyís head angle, as Iím not bombing any descents and I like how a steeper head angle climbs.
    Last edited by The Boz; 04-12-2018 at 05:32 AM.

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.