Thread: Lovin my Canzo

mtbr member

Lovin my Canzo

A couple years ago I built up a Voodoo Canzo. I've never ridden it that much though as I prefer my Jabber SS rigid. Every time I've ridden it I've felt like it was sluggish, bouncy and inefficient...plus, I've never really dealt with suspension and never wanted to...

About a week or so ago I read up on how to set sag and rebound on both the fork and rear shock, and attempted to get it dialed in....what a difference that made.

Then last Thursday and Friday some buddies and I headed to Tahoe to check out his new cabin and get some miles in before the snow flies. We rode the Donner Lake Rim trail and some other local stuff outside of Sugar Bowl and WOW, do I love this bike!

I built it up with all XT and Stan's arches and this thing rides great. Seated climbing is smooth and efficient with very little bob. Downhill is fast and smooth and the suspension works like a charm.

Granted, I'm not an expert and probably don't know or understand the difference between single pivot, vpp, four bar, etc, etc...but I gotta say...I really like my Canzo.

I probably won't give up the Jabber for my local rides, but having gears and suspension for the longer rides sure is nice...

No good in rock gardens..
    I've been looking at the Canzo 29er to build up. Can get a frame for a really good price.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....