mtbr member
    Dec 2009

New question here. looking for a 29er frame with the following specs..

hi..
    i'm 6'3 250 pounds dude who's looking for a 29er frame with an upright position but, it has to have the following specs.

XL size
    68 mm bottom bracket, (without any placement for front derauliler)
    135 hub width (for my IGH alfine )
    front suspension fork compatible
    disc brake compatible.
    aluminium material.
    black color.

the reason for the 68 mm bottom bracket is because if have an ecospeed mid-drive .which is now compatible with 68 brackets. any "ears" around the bracket like the ones on the paradox banshee v2 would interfere with it. i could modify the bracket to fit a 73mm but i trying to see if there's anything else.

another important thing to note is that i'm planning to mound a triangle battery on the frame, it should weigh around 12kg i don't know if that matters

so far the only one i saw fitting the bill is the niner air 9 frame, but it has a 73 mm bb width.

the reason i'm looking for a frame only is that i already have a trek 7.7 fx bike, so i could reuse most of my parts (wheels,gears,crank,stem,handlebars) i would only need to add disc brakes.

Chewbacca on a Bike!
    Airborne Goblin Frameset fits the bill, but only comes in Silver with black accents:

Airborne Bicycles. Goblin Frameset

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Misfit Dissent ALC ticks all the boxes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    interesting it does indeed seem right, however i'm slightly worried my my mukluk triangle frame bag won't fit there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

XL 29 er Niner

Hi , I ve got a Sir 9 XL in red for sale. Its currently got an alfine 8 speed hub , salsa rims , surly bars , tompson seat post , white industries cranks etc . Rob

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

thanks however im not looking for 2nd hand

also I have an Alpine 11 as well and I'm rather picky about seatpost as I have Brooks b190