mtbr member
    Jun 2013

New question here. Looking for 2012 Civilian Luddite--any advice???

Hi Everyone,

For weeks I've been drooling over the stunning orange 2012 Civilian Luddite (rigid SS MTB) but cannot find one for sale anywhere. Any advice on where I might be able to find one/good used bike sites/anyone have one they want to sell (size L)?

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I can tell I had one, for 38 days, and bent the frame (by hitting a ditch). It was super disappointing, competitive gave me a refund and didn't give me the option of getting a new Civilian frame.
    So I know they're cool looking and a good deal, but judging by what they told me I don't think they exist anymore.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret Ward View Post
    I can tell I had one, for 38 days, and bent the frame (by hitting a ditch). It was super disappointing, competitive gave me a refund and didn't give me the option of getting a new Civilian frame.
    So I know they're cool looking and a good deal, but judging by what they told me I don't think they exist anymore.
    I contacted Tyson H. the owner of Civilian and he said there would be no luddites until 2014, production problems I think.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Maybe that's why they just gave me a refund. I really liked the Luddite, but I guess it would take too long to get a replacement. I took the money and built up a jabberwocky instead, I've been bike-less for 3 weeks! But it's ready to roll now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks a lot for the help, guys, I think I've settled on either a 2011 karate monkey or a 2013 kona unit, both for $1000, just don't know which would be the better deal
    Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mlehner13 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the help, guys, I think I've settled on either a 2011 karate monkey or a 2013 kona unit, both for $1000, just don't know which would be the better deal
    Thanks again!
    Can you still get a 2013 unit ? I'm waiting on a 2014 and hopefully they paint the frame or an El Mariachi SS.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I almost went with the karate monkey (gotta love that safety scissor blue). I've heard nothing but great things about those!

Whatever you get, I'm glad to see you doing the single speed rigid thing! I love riding mine, and I love the looks and comments I get as well. "That looks like my first mountain bike back in the 80's!" haha