mtbr member
    Mar 2004

lock out on white bros BW1 air stopped working

I had stripped it down for it's regular maintenance( have done this at least five times before) and reassembled it and now it's not working.

Followed the instructions. (I am assuming "clockwise" means clockwise when you are facing the fork from the front).

Any ideas? Anyone had a similar issue and solved it

Thanks

Purveyor of Fine 29erness
    That happened on my BW .8, and it had to do with the oil level. There was small leak in the rebound assembly, which lowered the oil hight, which caused my lockout to behave like a stiff rubber bumper.
    I think it is something you need to send in to them to fix.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelo
    I had stripped it down for it's regular maintenance( have done this at least five times before) and reassembled it and now it's not working.

Followed the instructions. (I am assuming "clockwise" means clockwise when you are facing the fork from the front).

Any ideas? Anyone had a similar issue and solved it

Thanks
    If it worked before you maintained it, the issue is at the lockout lever. Pull the lever/cap back off, check the orientation of the nut/screw on top (can't remember which it is), then reassemble.

It's a simple fix--you just have it rotated too far (or is it not enough??). You'll see right when you pull the cap off.

MC

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

thanks guys.. I think it is both issues!

I actually have a replacement dampener to put in for a warrently issue, where it would basically stop working mid ride and I would need to get out an allen key and wind the rebound off, pump it and then wind it back on. During maintenance, I had noticed oil on the bottom leg.

However the top level does feel "on an angle and choppy" I did a long wet race recently and it feels like there is crap in there that may have caused an issue as well in positioing the lockout.

Thanks Monkey and Mikesee.