Thread: Little advice

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Little advice

Hello forum, last year i started riding with a guy who had a 2011(i think)giant xtc and a giant anthem so he ended up selling me his xtc for 600 which I've loved for the past year. Fast forward to last week, he decides the 29 is to big and wants to get a 27.5 but the local bike shop won't take his anthem because he has a new one in the store already(small shop). But he doesn't have a hard tail so, he tell my buddy that he would take the xtc as a trade. Long story short my buddy is asking if I'd trade him my xtc for his anthem and I was looking for some advice. The only difference between the 2 I can see,aside from fs, is the anthem had rockshox and mine has fox and his is x3 mine is x2. And I have taken the anthem out but it's so different it's hard to get a feel. And advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

cowbell
    Well, I looked the bikes up:

XtC 29er 2 (2011) | Giant Bicycles | United States

Anthem X 29er 3 (2011) | Giant Bicycles | United States

Based on the specs alone, if he wants to trade, I'd go for it. But I'm biased. I have an Anthem and love mine. Of course, looking at these bikes, it shows the Anthem with Fox suspension on it, which I view as a liability, because the RS suspension seems to work a little better on the Anthem. Either way, if you've got your trim levels ride, the Anthem is the better ride, spec wise.