mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Litespeed OBED 29er?

Anyone riding one? I didn't even know Litespeed made a 29er until I heard from a friend today who has one on order. Checked out the website and not much info, but they do have the 29er sizes listed in their OBED geometry chart.

workin' it Administrator
    I talked with Litespeed at El tour de tucson this year about it. The head honcho (can't remember his name) said it was an obed option and comes with the multi or SS dropouts that can be swapped to suit. They are slider type I think.

He said it was the cat's knees to mix a metaphor, a really nice riding and nice performing bike. Didn't mention whether it was FOX offset or Reba offset.

Lifetime warranty and all that sort, what.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    I saw an Obed 29'er last year and it looked like a nice bike. However, I've heard some bad customer service stories about the Litespeed of today. As I recall some of those stories were generated on this forum about an Obed 29'er? Litespeed seems to be going through a change these days and it doesn't appear to be a good thing. I was on their site recently and the Obed 29'er is barely mentioned and there's just not much info to digest. The Obed I saw had a sloping TT and some head tube gusseting. The photos on the site do not reflect the same level of tube manipulation. It also appears that Litespeed is changing their look with a new very bland logo. If I was going to buy Tennessee Ti I'd check out Lynskey. They seem to be a little more interested in pleasing their customers. The Lynskey's founded Litespeed and sold out some years ago. Litespeed hasn't been the same since.

http://lynskeyperformance.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz29
    I saw an Obed 29'er last year and it looked like a nice bike. However, I've heard some bad customer service stories about the Litespeed of today. As I recall some of those stories were generated on this forum about an Obed 29'er? Litespeed seems to be going through a change these days and it doesn't appear to be a good thing. I was on their site recently and the Obed 29'er is barely mentioned and there's just not much info to digest. The Obed I saw had a sloping TT and some head tube gusseting. The photos on the site do not reflect the same level of tube manipulation. It also appears that Litespeed is changing their look with a new very bland logo. If I was going to buy Tennessee Ti I'd check out Lynskey. They seem to be a little more interested in pleasing their customers. The Lynskey's founded Litespeed and sold out some years ago. Litespeed hasn't been the same since.

http://lynskeyperformance.com/
    What he said.

Linskeys are sweet and have that cool etched logo on them. You can even do flames, etc w/ the etching. It's understated as far as graphics are concerned which I think is refreshing.

Team Awesome

for all obed questions

the jenson usa website has your answers --- check it out.