mtbr member

lite 2.3 tires? and a side note:

it seems like i'm out of luck on finding 2.3 tires, that dont weigh a ton. i like the somewhat aggresive tread on the exi's, but the weight is a bit of a drag. i'm no weight weenie, but come on! sorry if this has been asked a bunch but i have'nt had any luck on my little search. any one of you brothers have any info on some lite weight 2.3's?
    side note: i think this is my first post on the big wheeled forum. i will be moving across the country to kansas in about a month and a half. i was a little low on funding so i ended up selling my 5 spot and my 26in. single speed for some needed cash. i decided to build up a new soma juice! let me me tell yah, its great! it is now my one and only mountain bike, and i couldnt be happier. i've dressed it nicely in a 2006 reba race fork, some eno cranks w/ one of those ugly green chainrings, and to top it off, some of those fancy velocity dyad rims painted a snazzy eggplant color. they match very nicely w/ the midnight silver color of the frame ( the frame has a nice eggplant purple hue to it). anywho, just thought i'd throw that bit of info in there as well. i'd put up pictures, unfortunately i'm computer illiterate. it's taken me twenty minutes just to write this crap, i'm not gonna figure out how to put up pictures too! but i wanted to tell you about my new toy. i'm a happy 29er camper!
    P.S. MAXXIS... PLEASE MAKE 2.35 29ER HIGH ROLLER TIRES IN A FOLDING BEAD!!!
    Last edited by J.N.; 02-03-2006 at 06:31 PM.
    Simple Living, High Thinking

mtbr member
    May 2005
    See Nevagal DTC 2.35 thread. It looks like Kenda is stepping up. Bontrage also makes a pretty good sized Jones ACX 2.2, with a claimed weight of 570 grams. They also have the Jones XR in a 2.25 at 600 grams.
    Last edited by Oliver; 02-03-2006 at 06:41 PM.

mtbr member

i second the XR and the...

Soma Juice!, i have one too. mines is the funky red color though since i like to run v brakes. you should post a review of your juice in the new 29er section of the product review section. i really love mines, havent ridden my 5 other bikes since i first rode it. its a hell of a lot of bike for the money. sweet looks, and even sweeter handling for $400 ?, yeah man !.
    Last edited by edouble; 02-03-2006 at 08:03 PM.
    EAST COAST
    CLYDESDALE
    DREADLOCKED
    STEEL RIDER

College
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    See Nevagal DTC 2.35 thread. It looks like Kenda is stepping up. Bontrage also makes a pretty good sized Jones ACX 2.2, with a claimed weight of 570 grams. They also have the Jones XR in a 2.25 at 600 grams.
    Im going to guess those nevagals will weigh 805 grams
    College boy

Recovering couch patato
    The 2.25 XR rides more than fine. On dry and sandy soil it out-performs every 26" tire (even the 2.4" Racing Ralph) in existence. Rolls decently. It's measured to be wider than the Exi by tire guru Shiggy @ mtbtires.com , check it out. And, real weight is around 650g.