Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Here is a photo of my new 29er. I bought it on Craigslist for $100. It is an Access XCL 9r 9.5 (2010 I think) The rear wheel was out of true with loose spokes, a bent d/r hanger and a slashed tire. I fixed it up and outfitted with with a new tire/tube, chain and bash guard. I had an extra cassette and transferred over my favorite bar/stem and seat and she is ready to go! I made it s 2x9. It is my first 29er and it feels fast compared to my 2001 Specialized Enduro.

Let's see your Performance Access XCL 9r Build!-cnkq86fl.jpg

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pinche View Post
    Here is a photo of my new 29er. I bought it on Craigslist for $100. It is an Access XCL 9r 9.5 (2010 I think) The rear wheel was out of true with loose spokes, a bent d/r hanger and a slashed tire. I fixed it up and outfitted with with a new tire/tube, chain and bash guard. I had an extra cassette and transferred over my favorite bar/stem and seat and she is ready to go! I made it s 2x9. It is my first 29er and it feels fast compared to my 2001 Specialized Enduro.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CnKq86Fl.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	997728
    Great score and nice looking bike, mine still rides great! Too bad Performance raised the price on these after I bought mine, then lowered build specs all of which killed the great deal that they were. Ride on and enjoy it!
    Get off the couch and ride!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Here is an update. I have just added a Manitou Marvel Comp 120 mm travel fork. It is great! The longer fork makes the head angle now 69 degrees. The forks added offset makes for a nice balance of stability without being floppy. The red flat pedals are performance branded HT's. Light, grippy and cheap as hell ($32). I'm loving this bike!

Let's see your Performance Access XCL 9r Build!-el50tcql.jpgLet's see your Performance Access XCL 9r Build!-vh5tid3l.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I am running a 2.25 Ardent up front and a 2.2 Conti Mountain King II out back. I have been surprised with both of their grippiness, but plan to get meatier tired once they wear out. I miss the Hans Dampfs and Nevegals I ran on my Enduro.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234