Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
    Disabled Vet

I saw this at a friend's LBS sitting on the sales floor...

...and had to shoot a few pics. Meant to post this up a couple weeks ago,but been pretty busy lately

Sure wish I had an extra tax refund,I'd love to own this baby!!!

'96 Specialized Hard Rock
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    super clean and well thought out color scheme....especially with the black bars/white grips

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I don't know if this is the right place but here goes... I am interested in the 18" one but I am only 5'9". I do have a very long torso and like to ride stretched out. Is there anyone riding an 18 with a shorter stem(70mm?) that is about my size?

I'm attracted to Gravity!
    I am about 5'9" and am riding an 18" Jabber with a 90mm +6deg stem. Feels great, rides great. Now set up as a 2x9!

mtbr member
    are any of you 5'11"-ish and on a 16"?

the 24"+ top tube on the 18" is spooky long, but I guess that is part of the wet cat business

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    While frame size is being discussed, is anyone here in the the 6'6" range? I've been looking at the Jabberwocky but worried that the 20" may be too small.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paddywhack
    While frame size is being discussed, is anyone here in the the 6'6" range? I've been looking at the Jabberwocky but worried that the 20" may be too small.
    Maybe.... I'm 6'3 on a 20" and with a 110mm stem I feel a little stretched out and I've got room to go in my seat post for extension. Depending on your dimensions, it could work. Maybe try to buy one used to save money just in case
    :wq

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I am 5' 11" and I am riding an 18" Bandersnatch frame and it fits great. I am shorter through the torso as well, and the length of the top tube has not been an issue and I am running a 110mm x 6 degree rise stem if that helps any in gauging fit. It is a long bike overall though but its been a great ride so far. I was considering a small originally but am glad I went with the 18". Everyone is different though so use your best judgement. On the plus side the small is a bit lighter and weight is the only gripe I have so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameshetfield
    are any of you 5'11"-ish and on a 16"?

the 24"+ top tube on the 18" is spooky long, but I guess that is part of the wet cat business

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm 6'5" and ride a 20" jabber. Running it with a thomson setback seatpost, a 110mm stem and it fits very well. I also ride an XL niner mcr, it seems to run a bit larger than the jabber. Running a straight seatpost, and a 100mm stem the fit is similar. I'm guessing you'd be fine on the jabber, just size your stem length/seatpost setback to lengthen the cockpit.

never ender
    I'm 6'5" and I feel fine on my Jabber (should put a picture up one of these days). I have an older Reba on the front which rakes it out quite a bit, so I use a 110mm stem and a straight post. With a Fox or newer Reba I could probably get away with using a 90 or 100mm stem.

That said, if you like a lot of reach the Jabberwocky probably isn't for you. It's not a small bike per se-the wheelbase of the 20" is the same as many 22" frames-but the cockpit is definitely compact. I like a pretty upright riding position so this isn't an issue for me, but if you're somebody who prefers to stretch out then you might feel cramped.

When I was looking for new frames I was also considering the Voodoo Dambala and Soul Cycles Dillinger, both of which have the same long stays and low BB as the Jabberwocky but come in bigger sizes. Those bikes have slacker HTs than the Jabber, which was a dealbreaker for me, but they might be worth a look too.

never ender
    As dialed as it's gonna get...least until I can secure new sources of funding. Most of the kit is hand-me-down stuff from another bike, plus some choice bits I had handy like a 180mm OCT crankset.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I like the black.
    :wq

achiever
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_weasel
    As dialed as it's gonna get...least until I can secure new sources of funding. Most of the kit is hand-me-down stuff from another bike, plus some choice bits I had handy like a 180mm OCT crankset.
    Rad! None More Black... Any bike company that figures a way to bring in a Spinal Tap reference is alright by me.

How does it compare to the Rig and what are you running for gears?

never ender
    Quote Originally Posted by redwarrior
    Rad! None More Black... Any bike company that figures a way to bring in a Spinal Tap reference is alright by me.

How does it compare to the Rig and what are you running for gears?
    Better in every way. The Rig always felt like an overgrown touring bike or something, while this thing feels like a real mountain bike...somehow it reminds me of my old Heckler a little bit, minus the suspension of course. Probably because it's fairly slack and also a little tight in the cockpit, which is generally how I like my bikes. Running 33x20 at the moment.
    Last edited by fat_weasel; 08-18-2009 at 11:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

update

any updates...

post some more..

tnx in advance!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by auditunerb5
    Here's mine 22lbs even

behold, the Monalisa of single speeds!

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by paul29er
    behold, the Monalisa of single speeds!
    dig the johnny cash look!!
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Updated pictures. Added the Eno's and barends and cut the bars down to 28". Still need new pedals and saddle.

Original build details are here

singletrack bound
    My Jabber @ Bogg's
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2009

I am going to try and get some better pics next weekend, my camera is old!

New wheels coming soon! I am thinking about adding a little color? Maybe Red Hubs, Nipples, Seat Clamp and Bar plugs? What do you think?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    The taj mahal of single speed!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjconn
    The Taj
    Mahal of Single speeds!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Sorry. Didn't mean to post the same thing twice.
    Last edited by larryo108; 08-23-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast