www.nathankraxberger.com
    http://nathankraxberger.blogspot.com/

mtbr member

Waiting on some 185 Avid Elixir CRs.

Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie
    Still waiting on:

WTB tires, WW front/Exi rear

[IMG][/IMG]
    Do you have the WTB tires now? How do they compare to the Ardents?

I just went from Rampages to Ardents (tubeless on Stan Flow rims). They seem lighter/faster and I don't notice any downside.

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by jmilliron
    They seem lighter/faster and I don't notice any downside.
    They are lighter, but not by much, maybe 20-30 grams. They just roll a ton faster.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    Nathan,

Great looking bike. And great photography on your site too!
    Thanks very much.
    Product Photography / Bike Photography / Architecture
    www.nathankraxberger.com
    http://nathankraxberger.blogspot.com/

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    My white 20" Christmas present from wifey. Not "done" but now rideable!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

Geritol Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivvay
    My white 20" Christmas present from wifey. Not "done" but now rideable!
    That is quite lovely

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hey Pivvay, what grips are those? ESI whites? Which fork is that?

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrown
    Hey Pivvay, what grips are those? ESI whites? Which fork is that?
    ESI chunky (or whatever the fatter kind is called) and an On One carbon fork.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

awesome
    Went through this all thread, none of the pictures is showing a chain tug, many people are using a qr. How's that possible? Had a bunch of wheel moving issues running a QR on this frame, even with a tuggnut. Then I switched to bolt on (Hope trials hub), and I still have the wheel move from time to time, and I'm using the tuggnut, which is why I have another chain tug on the way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek
    Quick question... Is anyone out there trying mountain drops on one of these. I've recently become curious about this mountain drop idea but I'm not sure if it'd work. I don't really know why I just can't picture them on my bike.

Anyone tried it?
    I would have thought you would struggle due to the long top tubes on Vassagos?

mtbr member
    Can't speak to other solutions, but I've been running various Jabbers with a King SS rear hub with giant 8mm FunBolts - has NEVER moved, not even a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by dblspeed
    Went through this all thread, none of the pictures is showing a chain tug, many people are using a qr. How's that possible? Had a bunch of wheel moving issues running a QR on this frame, even with a tuggnut. Then I switched to bolt on (Hope trials hub), and I still have the wheel move from time to time, and I'm using the tuggnut, which is why I have another chain tug on the way.
    Linux is for those who hate Microsoft, BSD is for those who love UNIX.

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    What you talk'n bout willis? There is a tug on the last bike posted, aka mine. DS only, non wimpy QR skewer. Works great and is the same as on my Monocog.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

more beers, lees gears.
    are you not using these?

i had some problems with my brake causing the wheel to kick back (which a tugnut would not fix either), but I switched from my salsa QR to an XT, and now I have no problems at all.

have you removed the paint? often times you cant get a good grip on the paint, and vassago recomends removing the paint on the slideout area.
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    I'm not using the stock screw things. Not good enough contact on my axle and too weak = instata bent. I took them out and slapped a tug on, issue solved. Plus tugs make it quicker and easier to R&R the rear wheel.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    1984 Trek 560

mtbr member
    Hey Pivvay - that white is awesome looking! Almost makes me wish I hadn't gone with the none more black....good looking build

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Just built mine a couple weeks ago.
    Medium, Short Bus Yellow
    Fork is from stock Haro Mary SS (heavy)
    Hope Mono Minis (185/160)
    White Industries ENO crank/ring
    Surly Cog
    Hope Pro2 SS/Velocity Blunt rims
    Rampage tires
    Thomson Seatpost
    Attached Images Attached Images

Single Speeder
    Jon,

What were you riding before and how are you liking the Jabber? I really like the yellow! Good job man... I'm gonna post mine up once I get it cleaned up a little.

Stayin' Puft
    So been too busy riding in the warm CO winter to take pics and post them, but finally here is a shot from last weekend on the still-new frame:

The parts will be in the usual constant state of flux...the front tire is already swapped out for an Ardent. Pretty nice ride on the frame I must say, great springy steel-feel. One funny thing is my Marta brake has so little slide-adjust on the rear because of the caliper design it is ridiculous..just not real compatible. I am getting a new set of postmount-adapted Louise brakes and the adapters should make everything cool with the Jabber rear brake adjust. Plus they are black.

Ride on...

awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt
    Can't speak to other solutions, but I've been running various Jabbers with a King SS rear hub with giant 8mm FunBolts - has NEVER moved, not even a pinch.
    The bolts on my Hope look very similar to King Funbolts, yet the thing moves

awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    are you not using these?

i had some problems with my brake causing the wheel to kick back (which a tugnut would not fix either), but I switched from my salsa QR to an XT, and now I have no problems at all.

have you removed the paint? often times you cant get a good grip on the paint, and vassago recomends removing the paint on the slideout area.
    Yes I'm using those bolts (have since replaced them since they bent after a while) and I scratched the paint, the rest came off by itself
    Yet the non drive side keeps moving back because of the disc, that's why I ordered another chain tug and I'm going to use a couple of nuts on the tensioner screws.

awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivvay
    I'm not using the stock screw things. Not good enough contact on my axle and too weak = instata bent. I took them out and slapped a tug on, issue solved. Plus tugs make it quicker and easier to R&R the rear wheel.
    I've bent a few screws as well. Just yesterday I tried this: removed the screws on the drive side, adjusted chain tension via the tuggnut, finger tightened the axle bolt on the drive side, centered the wheel via the screw on the non drive side, tightened the hell out of the bolt on the drive side, rechecked wheel alignment, tightened the axle bolt on the non drive said, just a bit more than finger tight, removed the screw, tightened the hell out of it. Then I put 2 nuts on each tensioner screw and reapplied them on the frame, once they couldn't go any forward i tightened the nuts against the frame, I'll see if this way the wheel still moves.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek
    18" Jabber, custom built DT Swiss wheelset, White Brothers Rock Solid Carbon fork, Monkeylite SL's, Stylo Crank, Thomson stem/post, BB7s.

LOVE IT!!!
    Why is your quick release pointing forward?

more beers, lees gears.
    Yet the non drive side keeps moving back because of the disc, that's why I ordered another chain tug and I'm going to use a couple of nuts on the tensioner screws.

A chain tug is not gonna keep the non drive side in place. a chain tug keeps the wheel from sliding forward, not backward.

The problem is the torque from applying the rear brake. On One explains it well.
    http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=669

awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    A chain tug is not gonna keep the non drive side in place. a chain tug keeps the wheel from sliding forward, not backward.

The problem is the torque from applying the rear brake. On One explains it well.
    http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=669

Thanks for the link. I guess I'm out of luck then, nevertheless I'm going to try one of these, which has a nut, then put some nuts on the tensioner bolt, and see if that works.

more beers, lees gears.
    i just switched to a XT skewer, and i dont have any issues anymore.

or any bolt on hub should be fine if you keep it tight enough, as mentioned above.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast