Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    That thing looks familiar I hope she is treating you well.
    Fork: really light = Niner carbon or some other full carbon setup. For squishy go with a Reba or Sid set at 100mm. The Sid is lighter

Wheels: Arches with nice hubs. King, Hadley, or Hope. DT Swiss if you want really light, but less POE. Even the Stans ZTR single speed hubs are decent. A good buy for the money. The other option is Chinese carbon laced to any of the above hubs.
    Yup. I see you also responded to my wheels post on the MORE boards so you know where this is all going.

The Jabber is rocking. Haven't gotten much ride time as I'm currently doing some building on my new property. I figure I need to sacrifice riding time now so I can build trails and have much more ride time in the future. I really wish the new Bacon Ridge stuff would move forward already because that's like right down the street from me.

mtbr member
    Where did you move? AA county? Building trails on your property? What's going on with Bacon Ridge? I heard a lot about it a few months ago, but nothing since.

mtbr member
    I'm running flows with Hadley's on my jabber and they're bullet proof, if you're going to turn it into a race bike at least look into the Hadley hubs you won't be disappointed. Mine are about 5yrs old and never an issue, break the rear down a few times a year (if you ride a lot) clean out the old oil and refill it with new Teflon oil, it takes about 30min. They roll like nothing else, zero drag. As far as a fork I've got a carbon niner so I can't give you any opinion on squish up front. Also I'm around 245lbs. And I've put this bike to the test, the Carbon niner is unbelievable! Hope this helps, good luck.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by FATSS29 View Post
    I'm running flows with Hadley's on my jabber and they're bullet proof, if you're going to turn it into a race bike at least look into the Hadley hubs you won't be disappointed. Mine are about 5yrs old and never an issue, break the rear down a few times a year (if you ride a lot) clean out the old oil and refill it with new Teflon oil, it takes about 30min. They roll like nothing else, zero drag. As far as a fork I've got a carbon niner so I can't give you any opinion on squish up front. Also I'm around 245lbs. And I've put this bike to the test, the Carbon niner is unbelievable! Hope this helps, good luck.
    I think I'm sold on Hadley. Just need to make the final call on spokes and rim. And then save up enough money for them haha.

I thought about the Niner or the Whiskey carbon fork. At the end of the day, I have the ODIS so I feel like for the sake of options in the stable, I would switch it up with a squish.

Robtre

"Parting" Ways

After a 1 year affair with a Karate Monkey, I am parting out my 3 y/o Jabberwocky. I had the opportunity to ride both bikes this weekend on the same trail, and the Jabber just doesn't do it for me anymore. What I like about the KM is that it is waayyy more lively and nimble. I just can't turn the thing like I want to. I am no geometry expert, but I attribute that to the long chainstays / long wheelbase even though I have the wheel "slammed".
    I want to go even further in the opposite direction of the Jabber and buy a Canfield Nimble 9 with even tigher / slacker geometry. I just thought I would share my perspective since it was this thread that inspired me to build one in the first place.
    -rides bikes for fun.

mtbr member

Jabberwocky

Here she is in commute mode.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....

Just built up one of the first new Jabberwocky's for my wife. Its got similar dropouts to the verhauen, and has room for + size tires.

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-img_0693-1-.jpg
    Vassago Verhauen SS
    Niner RIP 9 RDO
    2014 Tarmac Elite

mtbr member
    May 2011

New Jabber

New Jabber build... This thing rips!

MRP Loop SL fork
    Thomson stem/post
    Whisky handlebar
    Industry Nine Torch hubs laced to Velocity Dually Rims
    Shimano SLX brakes
    Raceface cranks
    Maxxis Chronicle tires

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-jabber-.jpg
    http://mwtcyclingclub.44.forumer.com/
    our local midwest bike forum... check it out!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    That's a sweet looking bike.

How do the Chronicles fit in the Loop?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sternomac View Post
    That's a sweet looking bike.

How do the Chronicles fit in the Loop?
    7mm or so at the closest point. I've never had an issue. Great fork!
    http://mwtcyclingclub.44.forumer.com/
    our local midwest bike forum... check it out!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718