Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
    ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    now that im really looking at it, im thinking i might take the tape off. if only the vassago decal wasnt blue. maybe ill get some of the white frame stickers. oh, wait. they dont have em. ill wait to see if i get any more eeks. or a full on lynching might be a possibility too. idk

anyone wanna sell an 18" frame in white?

Bro Mountainbiker
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmfat
    just got it built up. not likin the tape, but want a white bike. maybe ill try stickers on it (check the pic of my deadeye in profile to get an idea of what im goin for). want a black one next year, so figured id get 2 birds with one stone, white bike and protect black paint for next year.

Hey man, can we get a close up of your dropouts with that ardent in the back?

I like white too but do that bike justice and powdercoat it.

We have the same color scheme. black white red. I still havent posted mine yet but i will the day i get my ISAR homebrew bash. (in red of course)

Sheepo
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    You can always go and get some stickers made. There realy isn't much detail in their stickers it should be pretty easy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    really?, seriously??

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    ill post pics of the chainstays tomorrow, but itll just confirm that its too tight. i only had the ardent mounted in the rear to check clearance. i think i might try it on a flow, see if i can get away with that. all the way forward there was maybe 2mm. maybe.

this bike started out as a white dawes deadeye. i upgraded everything, and really dug the color scheme, hated the frame. if ida known i was gonna get a black jabber, all the red parts would be white, and all the white parts black (i still might do that). my fear is ill paint it, then when i go to do an igh (black with a lil bit of brown) next year, theyll have a white one, but no black. the dumbest thing of all? i put the stickers from all my (and my wife's) upgrades on the deadeye frame, as i thought i would wait to get a new frame. then huckNroll hucked and rolled that idea into the ground. i placed an order for the silver Vas' stickers. now i just gotta recover the stickers from my deadeye. anyone know a good trick for removal and re-application? ill talk to my neighbor about powder coating. i think ill still leave the fork taped tho. carbon scares me, even if it is on-one carbon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    wow...thats a first

Bro Mountainbiker
    You could prob get away with it on a flow. My rampage has enough room to grow a few mms on each side and its on a flow. Its also all the way to the front. Almost

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    well, i guess im easily swayed. tape came off, except a lil on the seat tube. i need SOME contrast. prolly send it out for paint next week. *sorry i wasted some of that tape longhaul*.

thanks for the info on the flows. id hate to build a wheel, only to find out i have to go with a smaller tire anyways. my chain length sets it about 1/3 the way back, so hopefully thatll do it. updated pics manana.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    well, i guess im easily swayed. tape came off.
    good call, although you may be on to something there for Halloween, think "The Mummy"!

you have a solid build there, nice job!

ilmfat
    Mar 2007

new, new jabber.

i left a lil bit of tape on the seat tube, which gave me an idea. still ended up takin it off tho.

it doesnt look to bad. one pic for now.

im gonna get some stickers with red lettering/white background made up. i think im gonna dedicate this build to the latest changes at vassago. more pics to come.

heres some clearance pics. forgot to get a non-drive seatstay pic. but you get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-ds-chainstay.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images      

Bro Mountainbiker
    heres some clearance pics. forgot to get a non-drive seatstay pic. but you get the idea.

Thanks!

mtbr member

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    im thinkin i might lose the tape on the fork. anyone know where i can get some clear protective tape? by the roll, as opposed to by the chainstay/frame patch sizes?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by markham_guy
    Powder Coated
    Maan, that's the color of my dream. Just a pure beauty.
    Btw what color is this ?

Disabled Vet
    i left a lil bit of tape on the seat tube, which gave me an idea. still ended up takin it off tho.

it doesnt look to bad. one pic for now.

im gonna get some stickers with red lettering/white background made up. i think im gonna dedicate this build to the latest changes at vassago. more pics to come.

THERE'S the pics I been longing to see,my friend! She DOES look awesome
    '96 Specialized Hard Rock
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

Disabled Vet
    My new one too. Still wearing borrowed-from-another-bike wheels/cranks,but soon I hope to replace those

'11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    just wait yo. change is in the wind.

Disabled Vet
    Do tell
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    id love to. but im working on a coorinated double strike of awesomeness with a homey expecting parts. so we'll just have to wait for final assembly.

ilmfat
    Mar 2007

not quite there...

the marys a lil much. i think i wanna try the fleegle next.

odis on the way.

still on the injured list and dint feel like mounting knobbies just for pix, so, just like yesterdays weather map, you'll have to picture them in ur mind. ardent 2.4 front/ conti mk 2.4 rear on the trail.

black (ish) fsa v-drive next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-jabber.jpg  

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-jab2.jpg  

Disabled Vet
    Oh that's looking SA-WEET!!!

I ran them Mary-bars on me old Monocog a season...definately took'd some getting used to (I dunno that I ever did...)
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    i can see how theyd be fun to climb with. but i rolled a five stair and it was definitely weird tryin to hang my a$$ off the rear end and hold onto such a swept bar.

that, and my "cruising" position, i kept wantin to move my hands to a less sweep position. im hopin about 20 degs'll do me.

ilmfat
    Mar 2007

another iteration

just didnt feel like putting the mary back on.

i only got to ride it around the block, but that includes a quick little downhill, some cobblestones and a couple curbs.

on one carbon to pitchfork (thats right, its not an odis, its a pitch.):

i can see why people say carbon is "smoother". i definitely felt the curbs a little more solidly, but only a little. brake chatter significantly reduced.

but more importantly, the bike felt way more "balanced". i dont mean weight wise. its hard to explain. my jabber feels like one piece of equipment now, instead of a machine made up of parts. maybe its in my head.

i have a black odis coming, so im hoping the pitch fits on my origin8 scout frame i ordered. the numbers look kind of tight tho. the black odis has the steerer i need for the scout frame.

if the pitchfork doesnt fit the scout, i guess im gonna have a yellow fork on my blackerwocky. im definitely not gonna paint it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-jabberwock.jpg  

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-jabberw2.jpg  

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-jabberw3.jpg  

Disabled Vet
    i can see how theyd be fun to climb with. but i rolled a five stair and it was definitely weird tryin to hang my a$$ off the rear end and hold onto such a swept bar.

that, and my "cruising" position, i kept wantin to move my hands to a less sweep position. im hopin about 20 degs'll do me.
    Well...you'll notice I'm not running it on anything anymore (nor did I keep it)...

I dig that yellow! Too ad they ain't still making complete bikes that color
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    forks gotta go. my wife actually told me yesterday that she liked my wheels. i asked wheels or tires (cause the tires are big pimpin, but the wheels are just wheels ya know?), and she said she liked the whole bike. not with the yellow fork now tho.

have some brake rub due to lateral flex. is this normal? should i troubleshoot or live with it?

longhaul, you shoulda told me dude was givin ya flak on that budget SS thread. ida set him straight.

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast