Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Way
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava View Post
    Hucknroll has some more coupons out. $60 off $300. You can get a new Jabber frame for $306 shipped.
    Where is the coupon?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    76x-1-eejkb

jct
    mtbr member
    that's a great deal if you can stack the discounts....

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Sorry the code is 76X-1-EEHKB and it works with the frame

Way
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks Cup!

Low Rep Count
    Go figure, I see the coupon code after the fact! Still waiting for mine to arrive. Scheduled to be delivered this Friday, 12/9! Two weeks to the day! Personally, I think this is not the normal "Wicked Fast" shipping we normally see with HNR. None the less, $366 is still a good deal. Once frame arrives, I can start building. Will have to trim brake lines down some. New post arrived as did my new red seat post clamp. Unfortunately, my cranks won't be back from Crazy8 until some time next week (hopefully). Waiting SUCKS!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    1SPD....Huck will most likely issue a credit or even a refund of the difference.....especially since you are still within the 30 Day return window...... Never hurts to ask.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    they will not match coupon codes. I already asked.

Low Rep Count
    Hmmm, interesting. Well, you gave it a shot anyway. I would think they would respond like most retailers and say they won't match it or that it needed to be used with the original purchase...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    1SPD..... Java is right again......it's not worth a shot.!!!!

mtbr member

2010 black friday jabber

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-photo-1-3.jpg

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-photo.jpg

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-photo-2-3.jpg

Ride-Drink Beer-Repeat

Black Jabber

Pic sport'n me some White Bros fork.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-blackjabber.jpg  

The Internet: All the piracy, none of the scurvy.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    This sale caused me to break down and buy 2 jabbers. 1 black and 1 mohave. Free 2 day shipping as well. The mohave should be in tomorrow.

jct
    mtbr member
    This sale caused me to break down and buy 2 jabbers. 1 black and 1 mohave. Free 2 day shipping as well. The mohave should be in tomorrow.
    wow cool! wish fisti's were on sale. i'm about to pull the trigger on a SC stigmata.

default title
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jct View Post
    wow cool! wish fisti's were on sale. i'm about to pull the trigger on a SC stigmata.
    If you want a Stigmata, better get crackin. SCruz has dropped it from the line..
    "My opinions are often more offensive than my *******." - Twindaddy

jct
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kattrap View Post
    If you want a Stigmata, better get crackin. SCruz has dropped it from the line..
    picked up one of the last remaining 60cm frames for $360.

Low Rep Count
    Still waiting for mine to show up. At the 5 day mark I contacted them because the order status had not changed. The package hadn't even left their facility yet! They upgraded the shipping and it still took another two days before it shipped out via standard UPS ground! It is now scheduled to be delivered tomorrow according to the tracking info. That will be 2 weeks from the date of order which oddly enough is the same amount of time the econo shipping was quoted to take....what a cluster F#$*!

Even though they upgraded my shipping, it took a week before it even left their place. The shipping was upgraded about 5 days after the purchase and then it took another two days before it left via standard ground UPS. Hmm....how the hell is that an upgrade? Due in tomorrow, two weeks after being ordered...which I might add is what they say it takes for their econo shipping! What a cluster.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I am still waiting for my Bander to ship, I ordered it last Thursday. So much for "ships wicked fast". Oh well, I am sure it will be worth the wait.
    2011 Vassago Bandersnatch HT 29er
    2013 Cannondale F29 1

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hddad32 View Post
    I am still waiting for my Bander to ship, I ordered it last Thursday. So much for "ships wicked fast". Oh well, I am sure it will be worth the wait.
    They had free 2 day shipping this week. Don't know when it started but I ordered mine tuesday and it's schedule to arrive this evening.

jct
    mtbr member
    it's probably the holiday rush. don't worry though...it'll be worth the wait!

Low Rep Count
    Well I got an update that it arrived at the shipping facility which means it will be out for delivery tomorrow. Looks like I will get to build it up over the weekend but my cranks won't be back until early next week at best.

Low Rep Count

Its HERE!

Well, it finally made it. Actually the frame showed up yesterday and I got as much of it together as I could but without a crank it wasn't wuite done. But today while putting up Christmas lights outside the white Santa slay (USPS truck) pulled up with you guessed it, my cranks! Lights got done a little quicker and back to work on the bike. Well, I had just finished trimming the brake lines and what not prior to dealing with the lights.

So, I must admit that I was a little annoyed when I put the frame on the scale. Vassago lists the weight as 4.6 lbs for the 16" frame. My scale shows it as 5.1 lbs. Add in the longer 400mm seat post, a heavier seat post clamp and now the complete bike as pictured weighs in at 21.88 lbs. Basically it gained .3 lbs. I plan on swapping out my barends for my KCNC's which will drop around 70 grams and another 30 grams for my seat when I put the carbon SLR back on. I will get another half pound of my tires when the summer tires go back on. Even with all of that I will still be in the low 20.somthing range. Oh well.

Haven't been out on it yet but plan on going for a ride some time tomarrow. Hopefully all holds up and the ride is as smooth as everyone says it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-dsc_0554.jpg  

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-dsc_0559.jpg  

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-dsc_0553.jpg  

Lets see those Vassago Jabberwocky builds....-dsc_0557.jpg  

Last edited by 1SPD; 12-13-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: better pics

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Didn't it come with a seat post collar? My Bander frame finally shipped and is suppose to be here at the end of next week. I'll need to order a collar if it doesn't come with one. The Vassago website says one is included as well as the frame being faced and chased so I hadn't given it a thought.
    2013 Cannondale F29 1

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Sweet build. Whats the weight.

Low Rep Count
    Yes, it did come with a clamp. Weight of it is 20g. I had ordered another one just because I got mixed responses to the same question.

Weight of bike as pictured is 21.88. I suspect that I can get it back down into 20 something by swapping out my seat and barends. When spring rolls around the race tires will go back on and it should come in at low 20.something. But I'm happy with it at this point and am not too stressed about dropping much more weight out of it. I'm sure it will ride great which is the most important thing.

mtbr member
    mines 24.5 and i prefer it over my ti, geared, front squish bike with the same geometry. somehow i prefer the beefyness.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks 1SPD, nice build you have there.
    2013 Cannondale F29 1

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    For those of you who ordered a Jabberwocky from Huck and Roll, did the frame come with a seat clamp?

jct
    mtbr member
    i got mine in the spring and it didn't have a seat clamp.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Nice build 1SPD. My build is similar to yours. Not sure what it weights but my guess would be around 21-22 lbs. I ordered my Wocky and rigid fork on 11/25. Got the fork on 12/2 and the frame on 12/8. Got my first real ride in 12/10. What a freaking machine. I LOVE this thing. As you can see on my sig, i have some pretty nice ride but i have to say "SIR" baby. It's nimble in the twisty, stable on the down hill, and turn like it's F1 car. WOW! What they say about "sitting in the bike instead of on the bike" is real.

Oh, the Wocky comes w/ the seat clamp.
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

Low Rep Count
    Yes it came with a clamp. See post #525

Low Rep Count
    Well got the first ride in on it today and I would say that it was quite exciting. Unfortunatly the trails were muddy due to some freezing temperatures at night. But the good thing is that when I hopped on it, nothing felt odd to me. I mean, I expected to have to get used to something but that was not the case at all. Now I want to call out from work tomorrow so I can go ride again!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SPD View Post
    Well got the first ride in on it today and I would say that it was quite exciting. Unfortunatly the trails were muddy due to some freezing temperatures at night. But the good thing is that when I hopped on it, nothing felt odd to me. I mean, I expected to have to get used to something but that was not the case at all. Now I want to call out from work tomorrow so I can go ride again!

That's exactly how i felt.
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

Way
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Any pics of a completed Jabber in Mojave color?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by snellvilleGAbiker View Post
    That's exactly how i felt.
    Same here. Coming from a 26HT, this bike felt comfy from the get go. Only thing I had to get dialed in was the rigid fork, but I expected that. After few rides in I think I can say I finally found my zone. This thing is a blast to ride, climbing or descending, esp climbing!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Oh that's nice. I love the green color but HnR didn't have it.

I got a ride today w/ my brother. He's a avid biker like myself and have many nice bikes like mine. We are the same size so i told him to try my Wocky. Guess what? He ordered the frame and fork an hour after we finished our little ride.
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Oh, another thing, i like this bike so much that i ordered the Bander+rigid fork yesterday. This wet cat geo and Steel is so nice.
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Oh, another thing, i like this bike so much that i ordered the Bander+rigid fork yesterday. This wet cat geo and Steel is so nice.
    Please stop, I need another bike like I need a hole in the head. But I had a Vassago, got rid of it and missed it ever since. I am very close to picking up another one before the HnR sale ends....
    [

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
    Please stop, I need another bike like I need a hole in the head. But I had a Vassago, got rid of it and missed it ever since. I am very close to picking up another one before the HnR sale ends....
    hehe for the $, you can't beat this deal. Go for it! I'm in love with this bike. The problem will be i won't be able to ride it for at least three because i'm having my my ACL replace and meniscus repair Thursday.
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

got some pics

So i finally got a chance to take a couple of pictures and weight it.
    20.68 lbs...All the parts came from my parts bin so i wasn't consciously trying to be a WW but i'm glad it came in at ~20lbs

Wheels...DT240+Crest rim+Rocket Ron and Ikon both tubeless
    Brakes...Elixir R 140R 160F

this bike is so simple to build but it's my favorite to ride.

12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

Low Rep Count
    Hell, I wish my parts bin looked like that! Your wheels must really be offsetting the fork on the bike as far as weight is concerned. To come in at 20 lbs with the steel fork is really good. Unfortunately, I can't really get away with riding my more racey lighter tires year round out here and the weight of my wheels alone doesn't help me much...but I digress. Nice build!

I think I am at a point where it isn't worth the money to replace parts in an effort to shave 10 grams here and there. I mean, it would cost me another $130+ for bars, another $100 for a stem, and over $400 to rebuild my wheels (using my existing hubs). Tires I will be doing again however as that will cut out about 1/2 lb.
    Last edited by 1SPD; 12-14-2011 at 04:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hell, I wish my parts bin looked like that! Your wheels must really be offsetting the fork on the bike as far as weight is concerned. To come in at 20 lbs with the steel fork is really good. Unfortunately, I can't really get away with riding my more racey lighter tires year round out here and the weight of my wheels alone doesn't help me much...but I digress. Nice build!

I think I am at a point where it isn't worth the money to replace parts in an effort to shave 10 grams here and there. I mean, it would cost me another $130+ for bars, another $100 for a stem, and over $400 to rebuild my wheels (using my existing hubs). Tires I will be doing again however as that will cut out about 1/2 lb.
    "The more you ride it, the lighter it gets..." ...take it of the scale and get it on the trail.

Low Rep Count
    I fully agree! It is in the back of my car right now and I plan on leaving work at 2 today to go ride! On a side note, I had to go out to one of my other facilities this morning and happened to go past where a new section of trail was cut over the summer. I have ridden it many times now but you always had to jump out on a road to get over to it. Today I noticed that it looks like the connector has now been cut so I know exactly where I am headed!!!

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Jabber #2 teaser shot

Low Rep Count
    ^^What stem is on the white one? What is the angle?

mtbr member
    Jabber #2 teaser shot

Finally a yellow one.
    konahonzo

offroader
    Dec 2008
    ^^What stem is on the white one? What is the angle?
    it's a thomson x2 100mm 10deg set reverse.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    76x-1-eejkb
    Props Java! I've been eyeing the Jabber to replace my broken Kona Unit and couldn't pass on the sale price - your coupon code was the icing on the cake. Black Jabber ordered!
    +1rep

jct
    mtbr member
    java - nice build. i like the white rims!!!

thought about going white on my green frame but ended up black.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Here they are. Black = just under 23lbs Mohave = 24lbs

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast