Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Let's See Those 29er Rigids!!

691K views 2K replies 973 participants last post by  Impetus 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, Just thought it would be cool to show off our 29er rigid bikes. Thanks JB

Attachments

See less See more
#64 ·
I see a trend...

Great bikes! I see a trend; a lot of us 29er owners have at least two of them.

Here's my main rides, kind of pedestrian compared to all these other great looking bikes!

1X9 Flight 29er, around 25 pounds. Insanely fun now that I have a chain-checker on it.

Monocog SS is about 27 with hbars.

Seems kind of retro, I started out with a Hardrock and a Fisher AL1 rigids for several years but the handling with the big wheel are making my riding a lot faster and more fun. I've noticed rigids ride more quietly than other types. Take the headphones off and its a great experience!

Almost never ride my 26 inch bikes anymore. My other Redline is the 26 inch monocog for commuting. For my riding, these Redline frames just feel right.

Attachments

#71 ·
el Turtlehead said:
I haven't had any problems yet, but....
The first one I ordered had a cosmetic defect, in places the clear coat was too thin so you could see and feel the carbon weave and it also had little crack it the clear coat.

The second one was fine for the first few weeks and then it started to creak. So I removed the crown race re-installed it, cleaned and regreased everything and it still creaked. Put the Surly fork back on and silence.

I have heard of other people riding these trouble free, so it was a dissapointment. I guess I will put a 2.5 on the front and probably get the same suppleness.

#73 · (Edited)
It's been posted many times before, but I have added a few new parts, so I will post again. Black Sheep Ti, rigid, 17.4 pounds. I also have a new steel Quiring frame on the way.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.