Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Let's See Those 29er Rigids!!

692K views 2K replies 973 participants last post by  Impetus 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, Just thought it would be cool to show off our 29er rigid bikes. Thanks JB

Attachments

See less See more
#283 ·
Seven Cycles Verve

Custom Ti frame, Pace RC29 carbon fork, Phil Wood Singlespeed hub (rear), Shimano XT hub (front), Bontrager Carbon handlebars, Thomson seat post and stem, White Industries freewheel (currently running 32:19), Geax Saguaro 2.2 on the rear, WTB Exiwolf 2.3 on the front.

Seven does a magnificent job on getting the frame exactly where you want it. The ride quality is in a class of it's own. Sure, it's a lot of cabbage, but it's oh so sweet!

I like the rigid 29er singlespeed format. I train and race on this bike exclusively, and the only time I feel the need for a shock is in the heavy rock gardens, or when racing down a technical descent.

Attachments

#285 ·
GT peace 9er

Well, my first 29er, but not my first rigid (that was a Bridgestone MB-3). Even though this thing weighs close to 28 lbs, it still seems to climb hills less than 100 feet with an explosive power. Paint color is great, parts selection is what you would expect for the price ($600 or so).

Overall, love what this is doing for my handling skills.

Attachments

#290 ·
my soma juice with a willits WOW fork

here's a picture of my new favorite thing in the world (my son is now one year old, so he's not new for the purposes of this post).

with thanks to Miker J for many of the ingredients, i had the bike built up wes williams at willits. he was already making and painting the WOW fork for me, so i figured i'd get him to build the bike. it fits great, and it's a blast to ride. the WOW fork is a lot of fun. it's got terrific flex, and takes out just enough of the little jarring bumps in the trail to keep it fun for a long ride.

you'll notice a couple custom bits on the bike that are worth noting: first, Miker J put a custom lexan ring around the freewheel to prevent the chain from jumping in, and my wife and wes thought that the formerly-black bontrager stem clashed against the ti bar and other aluminum colored handlebar stuff, so wes bead-blasted it, but covered up the logo, so you can still see it.

my future additions are to substitute the saddle and to move my clipless pedals over.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.