luddite

Kurt Kinetic trainer = no love for Fast Traks

I just tried to put my Dos on my Kurt Kinetic trainer. Wheel no spin, at least not with the Fast Tracks mounted to Bonty OSB Discs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Get a road slick! Knobbies on a trainer is silly.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    The shop I used to work at had a Thursday trainer ride during the winter. One nite I rode my 29er but used a rim drive w/ my knobby. As I'm pedeling I'm thinking "Wow, that new trainer smell really stinks" (Floor model that never got used). When I was done, I realized the the tire was hitting the carpet just enough to burn a tire patch in it... OOPS!

So lesson learned... always use a slick.. especially on a 29er

luddite
    I use my road bike on the trainer. It's very difficult to hear the TV with the bzzzzz of the knobbies.

This little experiment came about because while I was setting up my wife's 26er on the trainer I got to wondering if my MTB would fit on it. 'Guess not.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCowRider
    I use my road bike on the trainer. It's very difficult to hear the TV with the bzzzzz of the knobbies.

This little experiment came about because while I was setting up my wife's 26er on the trainer I got to wondering if my MTB would fit on it. 'Guess not.
    It will if you change the tire.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

luddite
    Uh, that was the point of the post. Not that the wheel is incompatible or that the trainer sucks (which it absolutely does NOT) but that this particular tire is just a hair too big for this particular trainer.

Poorly Disguised Poser

cool

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowRider
    Uh, that was the point of the post. Not that the wheel is incompatible or that the trainer sucks (which it absolutely does NOT) but that this particular tire is just a hair too big for this particular trainer.
    I was affraid that you were actually going to try to ride that Kurt with a dirty tire. That has got to be bad for the roller. Those trainers are among the best I have ridden for runnout and quietness.
    My ego is bigger and better looking than yours.