Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kudos To Guitar Ted !!!!

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  mgersib 
#1 ·
time to send a special thx to G.T. .....the guy has saved me hours,weeks and months of research on parts and bikes......good dude,and one of the crowned king of the 29er's:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#2 ·
Amen.

I stopped running this 29" forum's Man Of The Year award shows too early. He's done enough for a lifetime acheivement, in the past years alone...
I have a hard time finding stuff he write I can't agree on, or which don't fully interest me. And I don't even EVER by bike mags. To me, that bring him into Sheldon Brown territory.
But don't tell him said that. He might become like good looking chicks who know, just a bit less cool than those who don't know.

#13 ·
mark,(aka mudnuts)I had the wrenchs spining so loud tonight you could have heard them out in pa. G.T. gave me the idea to pull my salsa fork off my g-2 rig and throw on my on one cromo superlight fork....its to late to take it for a spin,but you want to talk about hot looking !!!!!
does anyone know if on one has halted production of the 29er cromo fork,and did they produce them in differant rakes. this one seems to be around 45mm,just by eyeing it up compared to the salsa (43mm) it seems pulled the ft. wheel in closer on my g-2 fisher rig.. I just purchased the frame,no g-2 fox fork....I'm trying to get it to g-2 specs without breaking the bank....
keep the good words flowing for G.T.

#16 ·
Twentynineinches is what I lacked energy for back in 2003 or so. There were some initiatives, not really made it globally. I suppose I knew in advance I could not make it as good as this is now.
One day 29" will become synonymous to MTB, rendering it as an MTB website either obsolete, or the mother of them all.

#17 ·
Yes, I'm very much enjoying his rigid fork comparisons, but it has only raised more questions. Perhaps he'll send me the pile of forks when he's done so I can try them all out and decide on what I want on my Karate Monkey. It steers too slow. Too much input. Perhaps it's just because I'm used to track bikes.

#18 ·
29ERCAT said:
mark,(aka mudnuts)I had the wrenchs spining so loud tonight you could have heard them out in pa. G.T. gave me the idea to pull my salsa fork off my g-2 rig and throw on my on one cromo superlight fork....its to late to take it for a spin,but you want to talk about hot looking !!!!!
does anyone know if on one has halted production of the 29er cromo fork,and did they produce them in differant rakes. this one seems to be around 45mm,just by eyeing it up compared to the salsa (43mm) it seems pulled the ft. wheel in closer on my g-2 fisher rig.. I just purchased the frame,no g-2 fox fork....I'm trying to get it to g-2 specs without breaking the bank....
keep the good words flowing for G.T.
The rake on the Steel On One forks is 47mm with an AC height of 470mm - probably the closest fork out there to a G2 rigid fork currently.

#22 ·
Guitar Ted is a good man. He's one of the best in the biz right now, without a doubt, and on so many levels. He's a wrench, an event promoter, a world-renowned product tester, a jet setting rider... If you didn't actually know him, you might think to yourself, "there couldn't possibly be someone as skilled or as talented in one body as the one they call Guitar Ted."

But it's true. Oh, it's true... He's all that and more.
;-)

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.