Not Bad

Just test rode a Scale 29 Pro on my favourite trail!

... In Dalby Forest England. Scott were running a test ride and BBQ session along with Nick Craig this evening so I got the chance to ride a Scale 29r.

I have a Soul Cycles Dillinger which is set up rigid SS so this was the first time I'd tried a 29r with gears and suspension and I absolutely loved it!

I can't quite think why someone would say that 29rs don't corner well as the beginning of the Dalby red route has tight uphill corners that the scale just lapped up. I'm seriously considering selling my two hardtails and possibly getting one of these or possibly a Santa Cruz Highball which I've not ridden as yet.

Comparing the two bikes geometry the Scott seems a lot slacker but I think this is what made descending such a joy on this bike too.

Yup I think I am pretty much convinced that the Dillinger and Orange frames, forks etc could be appearing on eBay sometime very soon!
    2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 27.5" on the way!
    2015 Trek Farley 8
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2014 Cove Hummer 650bj29

Code:

Instagram

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    ... In Dalby Forest England. Scott were running a test ride and BBQ session along with Nick Craig this evening so I got the chance to ride a Scale 29r.

I have a Soul Cycles Dillinger which is set up rigid SS so this was the first time I'd tried a 29r with gears and suspension and I absolutely loved it!

I can't quite think why someone would say that 29rs don't corner well as the beginning of the Dalby red route has tight uphill corners that the scale just lapped up. I'm seriously considering selling my two hardtails and possibly getting one of these or possibly a Santa Cruz Highball which I've not ridden as yet.

Comparing the two bikes geometry the Scott seems a lot slacker but I think this is what made descending such a joy on this bike too.

Yup I think I am pretty much convinced that the Dillinger and Orange frames, forks etc could be appearing on eBay sometime very soon!
    I have the first generation Scale and love it. I did test ride a few 39ers and noticed a lot of limitations with them that I didn't see with the Scott. They definitely did a great job with geometry and execution, because the bike rides like a dream. Go for it, you'll love it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post

The geometry is why I got a Scale. It's spot on right. Not trying to imitate a twitchy xc racing 26er like early generation 29ers. Instead it enhances the best attribute of a29er. Stability. And unlike 72 degree head angle frames, it doesn't look like a Praying Mantis either.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Test ride a Yeti BigTop if you get the chance. Same handling as the Scale but the carbon rear end dulls out the chatter. I had a Scale 29er last year and now have a BT. You won't be sorry with the Scott but the BT is even 1 step better

Not Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX View Post
    Test ride a Yeti BigTop if you get the chance. Same handling as the Scale but the carbon rear end dulls out the chatter. I had a Scale 29er last year and now have a BT. You won't be sorry with the Scott but the BT is even 1 step better
    Yeah the BT also looks like a nice bike and I'm also going to consider the SC Highball too...
    2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 27.5" on the way!
    2015 Trek Farley 8
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2014 Cove Hummer 650bj29

Code:

Instagram