mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Jones - steel diamond with ti truss forks

I've been scouring here for ages and seen a few threads alluding to the above set up but not found any pictures or reviews. I couldn't stretch to a full ti set up but I could possibly go for steel diamond with ti truss and wondered how others have got on with this? Still t swing my leg over a jones so might all be in vain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You are probably looking for me. I may be the only person to have this. I don't think Jeff will do it anymore. I actually bought the steel diamond frame with unicrown fork, but also bought the ti truss. I never used the unicrown fork, because I wanted the weight saving and other things the ti truss offered. I have posted a few pictures, but don't know where at this point. Hit me up if you have specific questions.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding View Post
    You are probably looking for me. I may be the only person to have this. I don't think Jeff will do it anymore. I actually bought the steel diamond frame with unicrown fork, but also bought the ti truss. I never used the unicrown fork, because I wanted the weight saving and other things the ti truss offered. I have posted a few pictures, but don't know where at this point. Hit me up if you have specific questions.
    Just put a few new photographs up in this thread

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_eb View Post
    Just put a few new photographs up in this thread
    These are probably the same ones I posted before. I don't have anything new I guess.

Jones - steel diamond with ti truss forks-img_0657-m.jpg
    Jones - steel diamond with ti truss forks-img_0697-m.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yes it was you I was after I did find these pics eventually. I'll drop you a pm

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Old thread, I know, but do you know why Jeff will not do a ti truss with a steel frame? Was thinking about that combo myself. Any info appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman#1 View Post
    Old thread, I know, but do you know why Jeff will not do a ti truss with a steel frame? Was thinking about that combo myself. Any info appreciated.
    I don't know why exactly. I assume the truss are in shorter supply and he needs them for his ti frames. But I do see on his site you can order a ti fork for $1000 which is $200 less than I paid for mine. I had to buy mine seperately, and I've got this perfectly new blue fork in the garage that's never been used.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Actually, he's more willing to do it now. Just pre-order one for less than I paid for mine!

http://www.jonesbikes.com/Framesets/...funky.tpl.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hey thanks for the quick response! Are you still enjoying the Jones? Anything you want to offer up on the bike would be appreciated. I'm trying to dredge up old threads on the net on these bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I still enjoy and ride the Jones often. If you are thinking about getting one I wouldn't hesitate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman#1 View Post
    Hey thanks for the quick response! Are you still enjoying the Jones? Anything you want to offer up on the bike would be appreciated. I'm trying to dredge up old threads on the net on these bikes.
    Search "Tai Jones" and "Jones Steel Spaceframe" on mtbr or through google and those threads should have all the information you can handle.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding View Post
    Actually, he's more willing to do it now. Just pre-order one for less than I paid for mine!

http://www.jonesbikes.com/Framesets/...funky.tpl.html
    Seems like a great deal.

I've been Jonesin' for a Jones...

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Gotta say that blue with the white seat and Ti fork is sick!!!
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have one of the Jones Merlin built Ti diamond 24" with a ti truss fork(standard dropout spacing). I've been riding it since 2008. I use it like an "all mountain bike" (I hate that term), meaning it gets pushed and ridden down nasty stuff on a daily basis, and has never been pampered. I am normally a chronic gear changer, and I never get sick of this bike, it is an impeccable riding bike. When I first bought it the price was intimidating, but since the first ride I have never looked back. I would without hesitation recommend it.
    The thing that is great is that while normally my bike is set up with a dropper post, huge Hans Dampf tires, and wide DH bars (I'm not into the h-bar/loop), this bike within a half hour can become almost anything. I have set it up as a singlespeed, road/cross bike, cruiser, long distance marathoner, and in all incarnations it was a blast.
    I will ride this bike until it dies or I do.
    BTW I think a steel diamond with a ti truss would be a great combo. I love the truss fork, and I bet the version with the 135mm dropouts is even better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
    Seems like a great deal.

I've been Jonesin' for a Jones...

SPP
    Slowpoke, as a rigid-only rider myself, I say the Jones would be a great compliment to your current line up, pending you fit the frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phsycle View Post
    Slowpoke, as a rigid-only rider myself, I say the Jones would be a great compliment to your current line up, pending you fit the frame.
    I would bet you're right...

SPP
    Rigid.