Kill your... television

Jones ACX vs. IRC Notos XC

So, I was either really tired after my race on Sunday or those Jones do not roll as fast as the Notos. I was racing my usual Tuesday night "Fun Series" with a brand new set of Jones ACX on my Monkey and was getting passed by people who shouldn't have been passing me so easily. Was it just me? I doubt the rolling resistance could make that much of a difference on a SS.

Moto

Recovering couch patato
    Especially mounted as a front, the Notos seems to roll realy well for me. Accedentally put it on the rear like that, I'll hardly leave home wothout a Jones up front. Traction is bad with the notos that way, and the huge braking traction makes it hard for me to go through corners. But you asked about rolling, and I can confirm the Notos front at least feels faster.
    Are you racing just other SS'ers? Otherwise maybe the course was not very SS-friendly?
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

Kill your... television

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Especially mounted as a front, the Notos seems to roll realy well for me. Accedentally put it on the rear like that, I'll hardly leave home wothout a Jones up front. Traction is bad with the notos that way, and the huge braking traction makes it hard for me to go through corners. But you asked about rolling, and I can confirm the Notos front at least feels faster.
    Are you racing just other SS'ers? Otherwise maybe the course was not very SS-friendly?
    I was racing in the geared class. And there was a huge hill at the end of each lap that may have been lodged in the back of my mind... "must conserve, must conserve, must conserve"
    The 41 Km mudfest that I did on Sunday really worked me. We were actually supposed to do 82Km. But, after about 10Km into the first lap my brakes completely gave up (and I have disks!). I got 3rd (out of 6) in the singlespeed class... My first podium! I was the only one on a rigid 29"er though... I didn't see any other 29"ers at all.