Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 128
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423

    Jeronimo C-29 (Titanium FS)

    I'm a bit scared of what are you going to say, but here we go...

    This is our first model with 29'' wheels and it's not the tipical XC bike, we went a bit crazy and designed a long travel (130-150) frame with a slack headtube (68º with a 535 Fork), low BB (13.4''), etc... The geometry and the system it's full custom, small size, very plush. It has 1.5'' Headtube, a huge downtube and a 12mm thru axle at the rear... so yep, It's plenty strong.

    Here are the photos, hope you like it.










  2. #2
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,830
    Holy cow! Sexy as all get out!
    Try this: HTFU

  3. #3
    simple
    Reputation: 69erSycip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    666
    Looks expensive. Very expensive. Very unique and cool. Nice job on the design and build.

  4. #4
    local trails rider
    Reputation: perttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,228
    It looks good.

    Has it been built up?

    Looking at the pictures at Proyectos de Montaña , I started worrying about the chain coming very close to the lower linkage.

    "it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sikocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,619
    Love it and wish I can afford one

  6. #6
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,033
    Got to agree with RC, that thing is HAWT Very unique for sure, please do share an estimate on price - I like to dream Would love to see pics of it built up with wheels in and see how that suspension moves and what clearance there is.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime View Post
    It looks good.

    Has it been built up?

    Looking at the pictures at Proyectos de Montaña , I started worrying about the chain coming very close to the lower linkage.
    No, the frame it's actually flying across the atlantic but in a few days we will see how it looks build up. Renders can gives you a good idea of how it will be, but real pics are always better.

    The chain is closer to lower linkage when the frame suspension is extended, when you sit on the bike it get's out of the way. At first I was thinking about doing a small chainguide like the one on the Liteville 901 but run out of time...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Got to agree with RC, that thing is HAWT Very unique for sure, please do share an estimate on price - I like to dream Would love to see pics of it built up with wheels in and see how that suspension moves and what clearance there is.
    In Europe it's not very expensive, It's like 10% more than a Nomad Carbon or an Ibis Mojo HD, but the exchange rate with the dollar righ now is very bad.

  9. #9
    Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Reputation: Acme54321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,118
    The real question is how much?

  10. #10
    Bite Me.
    Reputation: cutthroat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,529
    Looks wild - what's the theory behind the rear linkage? Is the rear mech hanger replaceable? Looks like it's not, and that would worry me a little having bent a few in my time.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

  11. #11
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    Love the frame!

    Rock Shox Pearl = Fail.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    95
    Do you have some sort of patent on the 4 bar linkage geometry? I can't see how another patent could be written on this type of suspension geometry.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post
    Looks wild - what's the theory behind the rear linkage? Is the rear mech hanger replaceable? Looks like it's not, and that would worry me a little having bent a few in my time.
    Yep it's a replaceable, and we are actually doing an experiment with the hanger, we did two of them, one standar and another larger than usual, we have algo made a spider to fit a 40T cogset, hope it works as planned.

    Quote Originally Posted by geolover View Post
    Love the frame!

    Rock Shox Pearl = Fail.
    Yeah, it's a crapy shock and it's there just for the pics, we sold the frame without shock (Custom Tuning FTW). But we wanted to take the pics with a shock on it and that was the only thing we had around...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brownni View Post
    Do you have some sort of patent on the 4 bar linkage geometry? I can't see how another patent could be written on this type of suspension geometry.

    I don't belive in Patents. I can see half a dozen stupid patents on it too, but it's just a nice 4-Bar linkage.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,911
    The frame is stunning, Vrock, but I wanted to thank you for all the work you've put into the Linkage Design blog that you've linked to in your signature. Even using online translators it's very interesting.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    385
    I'll take a large please!!! I'm available for sales and marketing in USA too!
    Bravo! Well done-

  16. #16
    I don't ride enough!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    230
    Does the bottom linkage function similar to Niner's CVA design in that the bottom link rotates under the bottom bracket when under tension? Just trying to understand how it works. Looks great!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj View Post
    The frame is stunning, Vrock, but I wanted to thank you for all the work you've put into the Linkage Design blog that you've linked to in your signature. Even using online translators it's very interesting.
    Thanks man, I've though about writing it in english too, but it's a lot of work as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by metelhead View Post
    I'll take a large please!!! I'm available for sales and marketing in USA too!
    Bravo! Well done-
    Well, if you are serious about it sent an email to info@jeronimocycles.com

    Quote Originally Posted by B.A.R.K. View Post
    Does the bottom linkage function similar to Niner's CVA design in that the bottom link rotates under the bottom bracket when under tension? Just trying to understand how it works. Looks great!
    I don't think that the lower link on the niner rotates under the bottom braket. All the minilinks try to keep the suspension at equilibrium at tension, not too much Anti-squat so the suspension extends and not to little so the suspension squat.

  18. #18
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    20,033
    No clue how much that is as I don't live in Europe, but we are tied to the US dollar So please how much is it in Euros? Seem to have missed this upon first inspection of the pics, but just noticed the dual holes on the rocker for the shock to mount on, is this for a different travel range? Still interested in a pic showing a decent tyre (2.25" Ardent or Racing Ralph) in the rear with the suspension fully compressed. guess no one asked this already, so how long are the chainstays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vrock View Post
    In Europe it's not very expensive, It's like 10% more than a Nomad Carbon or an Ibis Mojo HD, but the exchange rate with the dollar righ now is very bad.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,911
    There's a little more information here. The dual holes are for travel adjust and it appears CS length is 455mm.

    I'll take mine with a custom linkage fork. Come on, Vrock, you have to be working on one!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    Yes, the travel is 130 or 150mm and the CS is 455mm. I've been thinking lately about Linkage forks, they would look amazing in a titanium hardtail, but they have to be short travel and as light as possible. Building a linkage fork for a frame like this is a bit crazy, too much travel and 29'' wheels would need a huge fork and it's not going to look good. The new Fox 34 is the perfect mach, there is no need to do anything else.

  21. #21
    I don't ride enough!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj View Post
    There's a little more information here.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 3fast3furious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    448
    Those rear dropouts look weird. How do those work? Is it some sort of thru axle system?

  23. #23
    I don't ride enough!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious View Post
    Those rear dropouts look weird. How do those work? Is it some sort of thru axle system?
    There is a better pic in the link above. Looks like a thru axle.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    Dropouts work with a 135mm rear maxle.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: juan_speeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,275
    It's interesting that the pivot points are adjustable.

    I've been led to believe that multi-link systems are dialed in to the millimeter.

    How does changing the system via the eccentric pivot points change the performance?

  26. #26
    Life on a Sandbar
    Reputation: TraumaARNP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,954
    My daughter bought me a Rasputin HT Ti when she returned from Rota on assignment; the most elegant handmade bikes I have ever seen; almost a shame to build her up. Currently hanging on a wall in my office in honor of all that is great about Spain, especially my grandparents.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davidcopperfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,771
    How does that suspension type cope with low gearing like 20 front and 39 rear? Pedal feeback or pedal bob?

  28. #28
    the train keeps rollin
    Reputation: snowdrifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,212
    Ti is for hardtails.
    beaver hunt

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Ti is for hardtails.
    Why?

  30. #30
    local trails rider
    Reputation: perttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by lisboa98 View Post
    Why?
    One of the reasons to use Ti is that you can make slightly flexible structures out of it. When you get it right, the frame rides "softer" without losing energy and precision. That is usually considered a ´good thing for a HT.

    When you have a FS bike, it is often best to leave all the flexibility to the suspension system. Alu is pretty good for making stiff frames for that: alu structures need to be stiff and the material is relatively light and low cost.

    You can make great frames out of just about any material, but many feel that the possibilities of Ti are wasted on FS frames.

    "it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime View Post
    One of the reasons to use Ti is that you can make slightly flexible structures out of it. When you get it right, the frame rides "softer" without losing energy and precision. That is usually considered a ´good thing for a HT.

    When you have a FS bike, it is often best to leave all the flexibility to the suspension system. Alu is pretty good for making stiff frames for that: alu structures need to be stiff and the material is relatively light and low cost.

    You can make great frames out of just about any material, but many feel that the possibilities of Ti are wasted on FS frames.
    true. i felt the same way about ti fs frames until someone said to me if you are going custom and planning on riding it for years why not go with a material that can be repaired easily and will withstand the trials of time? depending on price and in europe these are close to par with other boutique frames like the mojo or nomad why not ti then?

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    How does that suspension type cope with low gearing like 20 front and 39 rear? Pedal feeback or pedal bob?
    The answer to that is is easy to find at the website and his design blog. The frame is full custom and the suspension is tailored to the buyer. He's not going to build a bike that doesn't work with your gearing.

    Usually you have to choose between a custom frame and a sophisticated suspension design. With this you can have both.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    true. i felt the same way about ti fs frames until someone said to me if you are going custom and planning on riding it for years why not go with a material that can be repaired easily and will withstand the trials of time?
    Don't know why anyone would say Ti can be repaired easily or why other materials don't withstand the trials of time. Material durability is a wasted argument, riders are typically incapable of wearing out a frame. You won't find Ti repair shops on the street corner. In most cases no material will be easily repairable while even composites can be repaired with the right expertise.

    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    When you get it right, the frame rides "softer" without losing energy and precision. ... When you have a FS bike, it is often best to leave all the flexibility to the suspension system.
    But if a frame can ride "softer" without losing "precision" then there's no reason to "leave all the flexibilty" to the suspension. Non sequitor.

    The answer is simple, Jeronimo makes prestige frames out of prestige materials. It's unlikely, given appropriate skill, that they would make a better frame out of any other material. BTW, Jeronimo has a page that explains why they use Ti.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    The Idea that Aluminium is cheap is completely wrong. It's only cheap when you build a lot of them. A "prototype" made of aluminium would cost about the same as a Titanium one or a steel one. And there is a huge problem, how many custom builders work with aluminium?? It's much easier to find a titanium builder or someone who works with steel. So, if cost it's "the same" what would you choose, Aluminium, Titanium or steel?

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    It's interesting that the pivot points are adjustable.

    I've been led to believe that multi-link systems are dialed in to the millimeter.

    How does changing the system via the eccentric pivot points change the performance?
    The pivots are fixed, what you see in the pic is just a keyed female bolt, a lot of frames use them. Trek, Rocky Mountain etc... But if you know what you are doing you can do a Minilink with adjustable pivots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    How does that suspension type cope with low gearing like 20 front and 39 rear? Pedal feeback or pedal bob?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj View Post
    The answer to that is is easy to find at the website and his design blog. The frame is full custom and the suspension is tailored to the buyer. He's not going to build a bike that doesn't work with your gearing.
    Yep, that's one of the first questions that we make at the beggining, how fit are you and what gearing do you use to climb. There is a big difference betwen a bike that is going to work with a very low gearing a one for a racer that is going to use a 39-27 crankset.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    55
    Are these made in Taiwan?

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davidcopperfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,771
    Yep, that's one of the first questions that we make at the beggining, how fit are you and what gearing do you use to climb. There is a big difference betwen a bike that is going to work with a very low gearing a one for a racer that is going to use a 39-27 crankset.
    Niner belauds their suspension- CVA that it works independent of the chainrings and cogsets. In reality wfo9 gets a bit pedal bob in 20x39 on my buddy's bike (he rides only in the mountains and he is stubborn and never walks a climb as long as he has traction on over 25% grades) with no pedal feedback, whereas according to suspension software Maestro on Giant Reign with 20x39 gets a helluva of pedal kickback with no pedal bob.

    I would choose suspension bobbing/ rider induced bob rather than pedal onerous kickback in 20 front chainring and 39 cog. Also for some racers gearing 44x11 with your suspension must work as well or you differentiate on the suspension stroke f. ex. 140mm frame works better with low gearing and 100mm one works better with harder gears which wouldn't be an acceptable idea especially if you develope a midway allrounder 120mm unit.

    39ti cogs or cogsets spiderless are offered by ActionTec and 11/12-38 (10 and 11 speed) cassettes spidered for aluminium freewheels are offered by KCNC for 2012. I would suggest checking them and making steep climb challenge.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bunyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    515
    Hi,

    Any updates on this frame? Would love to see it built up.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33
    Where do I put my bottle cage? Just kidding, looks goood!

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    I have a pic of the bike built up (Full XTR, Enve Rims, etc), but it's just a small phone photo, and the bike was full of mud... we are waiting for something better to post it on the website. The owner has been riding it in Wistler and Kamloops and he is very happy with the bike. The bike pedal very well even in the 150mm travel setting.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    Here a few pics...






  42. #42
    So is your face
    Reputation: celluloid hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    570
    Wow! Very sweet. That is burly with a capital B.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrock View Post
    Here a few pics...





    Everything looks great...whats it weight all decked out? How many kidneys will a frame cost?
    "Be Good or Be Good at it"

  44. #44
    HTFU and Ride
    Reputation: coachjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,217
    awesome! would love to see an adult sized frame (kidding)

    would love to get one for myself!
    Winter is coming.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davidcopperfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,771
    I know it is time for ohhaah and ohhhh yet:
    What is the frame size? M or S? Looks very proportionate, unlike the first 29ers in 2001-2004.

    How much does it weigh in M ? How much heavier it is than aluminium and carbon versions, which might be developed in the future?

    What are the tyre clearances with Maxxis Minion and WTB Dissent?

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    It's not a size, It's a custom bike. Pretty much is a S size with 410mm ST, 565mm TT, 68º-74º, etc... but as I said, it's custom. The weight depends in a lot of things so it's impossible to know how much "your frame" will weight until the design is almost done. I don't know how much an aluminium or carbon version will weight.

    The Clearance is good, in the pic you see a Weirwolf 2.55 with some room left, so I think minions are going to fit fine, I'm not sure how wide they really are (60-65mm?). but If you need even more you can go to a 83BB. The limit is the Crankarms, not the frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jeronimo C-29 (Titanium FS)-tire-clearance.jpg  


  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrock View Post
    It's not a size, It's a custom bike. Pretty much is a S size with 410mm ST, 565mm TT, 68º-74º, etc... but as I said, it's custom. The weight depends in a lot of things so it's impossible to know how much "your frame" will weight until the design is almost done. I don't know how much an aluminium or carbon version will weight.

    The Clearance is good, in the pic you see a Weirwolf 2.55 with some room left, so I think minions are going to fit fine, I'm not sure how wide they really are (60-65mm?). but If you need even more you can go to a 83BB. The limit is the Crankarms, not the frame.
    We all understand 'your frame' will vary weights.....but what is say a standard Medium or Large frame weight with shock? 5lb, 6lb, 7lb....or 8lb? and again....do you have prices for these or simply teasers???
    "Be Good or Be Good at it"

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    423
    A standar size with this travel (130-150) with a Fox RP23 can be around 7.5lbs and price is 2730€ without shock, or extras...

  49. #49
    simple
    Reputation: 69erSycip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrock View Post




    That really is a work of art and engineering. Looks incredibly well proportioned for a small 29er frame with long travel. I hope to see more from your studio.

  50. #50
    gmk
    gmk is offline
    angels get bald too
    Reputation: gmk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrock View Post
    ...
    ...
    ...

    I don't think that the lower link on the niner rotates under the bottom braket
    . All the minilinks try to keep the suspension at equilibrium at tension, not too much Anti-squat so the suspension extends and not to little so the suspension squat.
    it rotates

    "Show your bike some love and it will show the love back."
    Eric, niner bikes

    the most important vehicle is a 29er bicycle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Jeronimo Chabardo C120.
    By Vrock in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 11:25 AM
  2. Jerónimo Chabardo Ti 160mm, Titanium grade XXX
    By lisboa98 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
  3. +++ Jerónimo Chabardo Ti 160 mm +++
    By lisboa98 in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 03:11 PM
  4. Jerónimo Slütter Ti XCross
    By lisboa98 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 07:19 PM
  5. Jerónimo Chabardo Ti 100 29"
    By lisboa98 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •