Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Jeronimo C-29 (Titanium FS)

I'm a bit scared of what are you going to say, but here we go...

This is our first model with 29'' wheels and it's not the tipical XC bike, we went a bit crazy and designed a long travel (130-150) frame with a slack headtube (68º with a 535 Fork), low BB (13.4''), etc... The geometry and the system it's full custom, small size, very plush. It has 1.5'' Headtube, a huge downtube and a 12mm thru axle at the rear... so yep, It's plenty strong.

Here are the photos, hope you like it.

workin' it Administrator
    Holy cow! Sexy as all get out!
    Try this: HTFU

simple
    Looks expensive. Very expensive. Very unique and cool. Nice job on the design and build.

local trails rider
    It looks good.

Has it been built up?

Looking at the pictures at Proyectos de Montaña , I started worrying about the chain coming very close to the lower linkage.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Love it and wish I can afford one

MTB B'dos
    Got to agree with RC, that thing is HAWT Very unique for sure, please do share an estimate on price - I like to dream Would love to see pics of it built up with wheels in and see how that suspension moves and what clearance there is.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime View Post
    It looks good.

Has it been built up?

Looking at the pictures at Proyectos de Montaña , I started worrying about the chain coming very close to the lower linkage.
    No, the frame it's actually flying across the atlantic but in a few days we will see how it looks build up. Renders can gives you a good idea of how it will be, but real pics are always better.

The chain is closer to lower linkage when the frame suspension is extended, when you sit on the bike it get's out of the way. At first I was thinking about doing a small chainguide like the one on the Liteville 901 but run out of time...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Got to agree with RC, that thing is HAWT Very unique for sure, please do share an estimate on price - I like to dream Would love to see pics of it built up with wheels in and see how that suspension moves and what clearance there is.
    In Europe it's not very expensive, It's like 10% more than a Nomad Carbon or an Ibis Mojo HD, but the exchange rate with the dollar righ now is very bad.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    The real question is how much?
    "Listen here you beautiful *****, I'm about to **** you up with some truth"

Bite Me.
    Looks wild - what's the theory behind the rear linkage? Is the rear mech hanger replaceable? Looks like it's not, and that would worry me a little having bent a few in my time.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Trophy Husband
    Love the frame!

Rock Shox Pearl = Fail.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Do you have some sort of patent on the 4 bar linkage geometry? I can't see how another patent could be written on this type of suspension geometry.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post
    Looks wild - what's the theory behind the rear linkage? Is the rear mech hanger replaceable? Looks like it's not, and that would worry me a little having bent a few in my time.
    Yep it's a replaceable, and we are actually doing an experiment with the hanger, we did two of them, one standar and another larger than usual, we have algo made a spider to fit a 40T cogset, hope it works as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by geolover View Post
    Love the frame!

Rock Shox Pearl = Fail.
    Yeah, it's a crapy shock and it's there just for the pics, we sold the frame without shock (Custom Tuning FTW). But we wanted to take the pics with a shock on it and that was the only thing we had around...

Quote Originally Posted by Brownni View Post
    Do you have some sort of patent on the 4 bar linkage geometry? I can't see how another patent could be written on this type of suspension geometry.

I don't belive in Patents. I can see half a dozen stupid patents on it too, but it's just a nice 4-Bar linkage.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The frame is stunning, Vrock, but I wanted to thank you for all the work you've put into the Linkage Design blog that you've linked to in your signature. Even using online translators it's very interesting.

mtbr member
    I'll take a large please!!! I'm available for sales and marketing in USA too!
    Bravo! Well done-

I don't ride enough!
    Oct 2007
    Does the bottom linkage function similar to Niner's CVA design in that the bottom link rotates under the bottom bracket when under tension? Just trying to understand how it works. Looks great!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj View Post
    The frame is stunning, Vrock, but I wanted to thank you for all the work you've put into the Linkage Design blog that you've linked to in your signature. Even using online translators it's very interesting.
    Thanks man, I've though about writing it in english too, but it's a lot of work as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by metelhead View Post
    I'll take a large please!!! I'm available for sales and marketing in USA too!
    Bravo! Well done-
    Well, if you are serious about it sent an email to info@jeronimocycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.R.K. View Post
    Does the bottom linkage function similar to Niner's CVA design in that the bottom link rotates under the bottom bracket when under tension? Just trying to understand how it works. Looks great!
    I don't think that the lower link on the niner rotates under the bottom braket. All the minilinks try to keep the suspension at equilibrium at tension, not too much Anti-squat so the suspension extends and not to little so the suspension squat.

MTB B'dos
    No clue how much that is as I don't live in Europe, but we are tied to the US dollar So please how much is it in Euros? Seem to have missed this upon first inspection of the pics, but just noticed the dual holes on the rocker for the shock to mount on, is this for a different travel range? Still interested in a pic showing a decent tyre (2.25" Ardent or Racing Ralph) in the rear with the suspension fully compressed. guess no one asked this already, so how long are the chainstays?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrock View Post
    In Europe it's not very expensive, It's like 10% more than a Nomad Carbon or an Ibis Mojo HD, but the exchange rate with the dollar righ now is very bad.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    There's a little more information here. The dual holes are for travel adjust and it appears CS length is 455mm.

I'll take mine with a custom linkage fork. Come on, Vrock, you have to be working on one!

mtbr member
    Yes, the travel is 130 or 150mm and the CS is 455mm. I've been thinking lately about Linkage forks, they would look amazing in a titanium hardtail, but they have to be short travel and as light as possible. Building a linkage fork for a frame like this is a bit crazy, too much travel and 29'' wheels would need a huge fork and it's not going to look good. The new Fox 34 is the perfect mach, there is no need to do anything else.

I don't ride enough!
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj View Post
    There's a little more information here.

mtbr member
    Those rear dropouts look weird. How do those work? Is it some sort of thru axle system?

I don't ride enough!
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious View Post
    Those rear dropouts look weird. How do those work? Is it some sort of thru axle system?
    There is a better pic in the link above. Looks like a thru axle.

mtbr member
    Dropouts work with a 135mm rear maxle.

mtbr member
    It's interesting that the pivot points are adjustable.

I've been led to believe that multi-link systems are dialed in to the millimeter.

How does changing the system via the eccentric pivot points change the performance?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast