mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Jeremiah Bishop 29er Trifecta

Just did the Tidewater Challenge MTB race in Williamsburg, Va. Jeremiah won the Mountain Crit on Saturday on his Flash 29er, the Va. Singlespeed State Championship on a 29er with 26er rear wheel, and the Pro/Expert Cross Country race on the Flash both wheels 29er. Whew, the boy is a serious rider! He started the SS race at 1030 and the CC race at around 2. He won and extra 1K bonus for winning all three so I guess he was motivated! Also, for the first time in 18 years of doing this race, I made the podium. Second place, Clydesdale! First time I've raced with a 29er, hmm...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    cool. why the 26er wheel you think?

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by BiknBob
    Also, for the first time in 18 years of doing this race, I made the podium. Second place, Clydesdale!
    Wow, 18 years. Congrats!

Morgan

Naturally Organic
    Good to hear. Thanks for the update. Congrats on your finish!

Err, I mean...political correctness...

He would have won no matter what size tire...
    It's the engine (the rider), not the bike...
    These wins mean and show absolutely nothing...
    Same goes for your results...
    Tire size does not matter, the fun-factor does not matter, time and winning are the only important factors...

Whew, almost couldn't get through that with a straight face...the grin kept sneaking back up...

Congrats, again!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hahahahaha! Thanks all. I spoke with him and he said he liked the acceleration of the smaller wheel in some situations. This course has a lot of tight sections and short steep climbs. He also said he likes to run a Scalpel with a 650b front wheel.

WNC Native
    Jeremiah is a cool dude, he's won the pro category of the Pisgah Mountain Bike Stage Race both years. I'm sure he'll be back to try for 3 next year. He's ridden in all the kids races both years too.
    He's only rolled the Scalpel here though.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew