mtbr member

Jenson Deal Jet9 SID Combo 50% Off Just pulled the trigger..

Niner Jet 9 Rock Shox Sid RL Combo > Components > Frames > Mountain Bike frames | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Couldn't help myself, been riding a EMD9 with SLX components. I think I'm going to sell the SID and keep my REBA RLT, love that fork. Also just swap over everything from my EMD to the JET9.
    So going to have a EMD9 frame and a new set of forks for sale.

I currently have the Med. EMD and at 5'8" it's a bit too long at the top tube length. So I went with the small, hope I made the right choice.

Work down the street from Jenson going to go pick it up. Biggest impulse purchase I've ever made.

Plan #123-D
    Holy crap! I bought one this summer...totally should've waited! Wow.
    C'mon lets go for a whirl.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Congrats! That's a steal!

mtbr member
    Oh jeez....must resist!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm torn between this and the Salsa Horse Thief , I like the Fox fork on the Salsa, which do you guys think is better? The neg review on Jenson kept me from pulling the trigger.

mtbr member
    I actually like RockShox better than Fox, both are good. I don't know if 4 stars would be a negative? The chain suck deal can be easily fixed, it was on my EMD.
    It gets pretty good reviews on here.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mavtek View Post
    I'm torn between this and the Salsa Horse Thief , I like the Fox fork on the Salsa, which do you guys think is better? The neg review on Jenson kept me from pulling the trigger.

Don't be afraid to order from Jenson.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    If anything, compare it to the spearfish. Personally, I don't think they're in the same league design-wise.

If you don't like the fork, sell it and buy what you really want.

If they had an XL I'd be tempted to buy another as a spare, though I still haven't completely decided whether I prefer my Jet or Anthem. I like them both.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    The chain suck deal can be easily fixed

MTB B'dos
    Greta steal of a deal OP, even I was tempted by it and I'm not a niner fan, to say the least.

Mavtek, honestly, A.Z while sometimes being a d1ck is right, Jenson is a reputable shop, they deliver what they promise, if they mess it up, they generally make it right on their dime, so go for it if you really want it - in dealing with them for over 7 years and countless orders, I've only really had 1 issue with shipping cost being seriously whacked after the y updated their web site and after a bit of "communication" it was resolved.

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    The Jet and Horsethief are very different bikes, in terms of geo. It depends on where you ride. I got a 'Thief on closeout and couldn't be happier with it, but I demoed a Jet and it was also a great bike. You can't go wrong with either one, depending on your riding style. Jet will climb a bit better.
    Last edited by progfan1; 12-05-2012 at 06:38 AM.