Virtus pre nummis

Jamis Citizen 700c Feedback, Pros and Cons?

I posted this on the commuting thread but no one responded, so since a 700c wheel is the same size as a 29" wheel I decided to give it a try here!

I have been riding a 21" Redline Monocog 29er for the last year and I really love this bike! However I went into Dallas Bike Works this afternoon and they have a Jamis Citizen 700c with front suspension, a really nice bike to ride, and I wanted some feedback or pros and cons for this bike. It is on sale for $345.00 with a 1 year full service warranty.

BTW I am 6' tall so I rode the 18.5" frame and I weigh in at 230lbs.What is the story on this bike? Is this a good fit for somelike myself or would I destroy it with my size? I ride the Cog 10 miles every morning and it has been a blast every mile, but the beast weighs in over 40lbs. Thought I would take a little break and see if I could add some miles in that same hour that I ride each day!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!

the test dummy
    the citizen would make a great commuter they are pretty decent bikes we have them in our rental fleet and they hold up pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Virtus pre nummis
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitylevel9
    the citizen would make a great commuter they are pretty decent bikes we have them in our rental fleet and they hold up pretty good
    Thanks for the good review. Do you think a heavy weight like myself would be to much for a light weight bike like this to hold up over the years of daily 10 mile rides and will these componets hold up to the heavy wear and tear that the bike would sustain?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazerwolf
    Thanks for the good review. Do you think a heavy weight like myself would be to much for a light weight bike like this to hold up over the years of daily 10 mile rides and will these componets hold up to the heavy wear and tear that the bike would sustain?
    ya, the only time they have issues is when the get in a crash or hit by a car..... theres also this guy that we sold one to after its two years of hell in the rental fleet. he uses it to get to work every day year round. he has had it for about 2 years on top of the 2 years of rental service. never had a issue except for standard stuff brake pads gear adjustments and stuff like that. this guy is pretty much the same size and weight as you. the only thing i think would be a bit better is a steal framed touring bike but those are big bucks.
    P.S. you could always use this as a reason to get another lighter 29r
    you may also want to look into gt hybrids you can get them with disk brake tabs.
    this is what i would get if i was getting a hybrid its got a 8 speed internal hub they last forever http://www.gtbicycles.com/usa/eng/Bi...2-Traffic-2-.0
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben