Recovering couch patato

It's true! (no Klein content, other end of spectre)

Who needs overpriced bling if you can get...

Craig of Redline Bicycles just let me know they'll be offering a Monocog 29er, complete bike, for MSRP $450!
    ETA March, how about that?

Ask me nothing, it's all I know. Sounds way cool to me. I hope they'll mkake lots of them, in lots of sizes.

Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004

Wow!

$450?!? That's insane! I wonder what kind of parts that'll have on it - methinks they might be aiming a little *too* low there, even for a single - if it's built with Alivio-level junk, it might turn a lot of folks off.

Then again, decent stuff is crazy cheap these days - you can get Chinese aluminum frames, shipped across the Pacific with your decals on 'em for $30 each, or so I'm told. That's great news for folks on a budget, or who don't want to drop big bucks into trying out this 29er thing.

-Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Who needs overpriced bling if you can get...

Craig of Redline Bicycles just let me know they'll be offering a Monocog 29er, complete bike, for MSRP $450!
    ETA March, how about that?

Ask me nothing, it's all I know. Sounds way cool to me. I hope they'll mkake lots of them, in lots of sizes.
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

dirt cheap one speed

well, component spec shouldn't be so much of an issue, since it's a one speed. their 26" monocog runs anywhere between $450 and $600. they offer a pretty solid, basic bike.

but yeah, that's mighty cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by Walt
    $450?!? That's insane! I wonder what kind of parts that'll have on it - methinks they might be aiming a little *too* low there, even for a single - if it's built with Alivio-level junk, it might turn a lot of folks off.

Then again, decent stuff is crazy cheap these days - you can get Chinese aluminum frames, shipped across the Pacific with your decals on 'em for $30 each, or so I'm told. That's great news for folks on a budget, or who don't want to drop big bucks into trying out this 29er thing.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

alivio junk?

Hey, I didn't know any better at the time, and I was quite happy with the Alivio junk on my '96 Klein. Actually had to mess with it less than the XT 9speed stuff, it seems. I keep thinking about going back to 7 or less. things were less fussy those days...

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Time for matching bikes for the whole family.

mtbr member
    What's a "spectre" and how many ends does it have?

Recovering couch patato
    I tried to directly translate from the Dutch "Spectrum". Maybe it's more French than English?
    It means something like gamma (not exactly ENglish either). My dictionary just told me that I need not change any letters in spectrum...

HHL
    Que je suis bete!
    Nov 2004

Spectrum

I tried to directly translate from the Dutch "Spectrum". Maybe it's more French than English?
    It means something like gamma (not exactly ENglish either). My dictionary just told me that I need not change any letters in spectrum...
    Cloxxki, spectrum is what you want, as in, from the other end of the spectrum. Gamma would be understandable to speakers of French: gamme, meaning range of possibilities. Spectrum means the same thing, borrowed from the study of light. A spectre is an intangible entity that haunts or troubles ones peace of mind. Your English is great. Give 'em heck.

what a joke
    Good news, the more the merrier!
    blah blah blah