never ender

Intense System 29

I picked up a pair of these about 3 weeks ago, and since there's hardly any information out there about this tire, here are a few thoughts...

-Casing is about the same size as a 2.25 Ardent (see below). The Ardent has much fatter side knobs, but the center tread is about the same height on both tires.

-Rolling resistance is nice and low. Big surprise.

-Drive grip is actually very good for such a low-profile tread. We're well into the dry-n-dusty time of the year here in Norcal, and I've hardly noticed the rear tire slipping at all. I weigh about 200 and ride SS, so that's saying something.

-Cornering grip is pretty good as well. I was a little shaky about trading out my front Ardent, but in most conditions I actually find myself preferring the System. The Intense rubber compound is soft and grippy (good marks on the fingernail test), and the round profile makes it easy to finesse the bike into corners. The System does give up a little bit to the Ardent on extremely loose trails, but when it lets go it's predictable.

I wouldn't trust these tires very far in wet conditions, but for CA summer weather they've been great. I really don't miss the Ardent I was using up front at all. JensonUSA has these for 20 bucks a pop, which is a steal as far as I'm concerned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    At 830 grams that seems a bit porky for the low profile tread and spacing...

ADIDAB
    You might find more info here.
    My LBS | Riding this and this