Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12

    Input on a Felt Nine Comp...

    I am considering a 29 incher and have a Felt Q520 now that I really like. I am just getting back into it after some plates and screws (and maybe a couple extra pounds) and plan on doing the New Hampshire Untamed race next year, which is a 200 mile / 24 hour race with mountain biking, hiking , and Kayaking ...

    I can pick the Nine Comp up for about $950 .. and price is an isuue (three little ones!!!)


    Thanks for any input ...

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Also fogrot to mention that I'm 6'3" with a 36"+ inseem, so I have a pretty high CG ...which is one of the reasons I wanted a niner to begin with

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    99
    I considered the Felt Nine Comp as well. I believe the MSRP is about $1150, so $950 is a good deal. It has a decent mix of parts, perhaps a tad heavy, but still under 29-30 lbs, depending on size. Has the same geometry as their expensive carbon race models. The paint job for 2010 is not my fav, but who cares they are all brown after a couple of mud puddles. I think it is one of the best deals in 29er ht out there in the $1000 range. Better parts group then similarly priced GF Mamba and Cobia.

    Try to take it on an extended ride to see how it fits you. There seems to be a lot of variation in 29 geometry/fit.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by c_trail_biker
    I considered the Felt Nine Comp as well. I believe the MSRP is about $1150, so $950 is a good deal. It has a decent mix of parts, perhaps a tad heavy, but still under 29-30 lbs, depending on size. Has the same geometry as their expensive carbon race models. The paint job for 2010 is not my fav, but who cares they are all brown after a couple of mud puddles. I think it is one of the best deals in 29er ht out there in the $1000 range. Better parts group then similarly priced GF Mamba and Cobia.

    Try to take it on an extended ride to see how it fits you. There seems to be a lot of variation in 29 geometry/fit.




    I will see if I can run one out for a while... All the reasons you listed are what I like about Felt ( MyQ520 would have been a few hundred more with just about any other name on it)



    I really appreciate the input !! Although I think that brown color is awesome on the comp,,,But then again, I tend to gravitate towards the uglier stuff ...

  5. #5
    Short-Change-Hero
    Reputation: gregnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,014
    If you can, hold off for a few more weeks as Felt is "supposedly" releasing all kindsa new 29'ers, with the lowest budget 29er around at $599... I posted the link at meridian-cycles for the '11 Felt consumer catalog so you can see but looks like the Nine series is all going over to 29ers. From what Felt is telling us, the new site should be live 9/1!

    Even if you wait the few weeks and done like the new bikes, hopefully it will drop that price a little more!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash
    If you can, hold off for a few more weeks as Felt is "supposedly" releasing all kindsa new 29'ers, with the lowest budget 29er around at $599... I posted the link at meridian-cycles for the '11 Felt consumer catalog so you can see but looks like the Nine series is all going over to 29ers. From what Felt is telling us, the new site should be live 9/1!

    Even if you wait the few weeks and done like the new bikes, hopefully it will drop that price a little more!

    I can definitely wait... Thanks for the tip, that is huge !!! And like you said, if I don't like the new stuff I might be able to get the 2010 nine comp a little less..

    Really appreciate the input !!! You guys rock !!!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    I checked your site at meridian cycles , where is the Q series and where did the nine "comp" go ?

    on another note , you guys have a great line up of bikes there ... too bad I'm a couple thousand miles away !!! keep up the good work and thanks again...

  8. #8
    Short-Change-Hero
    Reputation: gregnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Studio603Graphics
    I checked your site at meridian cycles , where is the Q series and where did the nine "comp" go ?

    on another note , you guys have a great line up of bikes there ... too bad I'm a couple thousand miles away !!! keep up the good work and thanks again...
    Served up just for you!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •