Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    No plans for a Devinci as of now, but never say never

Elitest thrill junkie
    Just rode mine.

It's pretty damn good.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member

If you're thinking about getting one of the new RS Pikes...

Colin, any chance you've had time on a 2014 Float 34 yet? Wondering if its worth it to sell my fork for the Pike. Also wondering if you've talked to Niner at all about the 150 Pike and their frame warranty policy.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

MTB B'dos
    How's the clearance out back though Colin? From what I've read none (carbon nor alloy) SB95s have much clearance in the rear, probably enough to run a decent 2.25" at the most. WHat are you running and any issues yet with ST rub?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin+M View Post
    I did have a Ripley coming but decided to go with a SB95c instead. The XL Ripley still wasn't available, but the SB95c was at Competitive Cyclist. I have already had a Ripley in size large however and I wouldn't really place it in the same category as the RDO. The RDO feels like a steamroller that will go thru or over anything you so desire. The Ripley however is like a thoroughbred race horse in terms of overall acceleration, but requires you to be a tad more cautious on the descent. Neither is a bad bike, in fact they are both excellent bikes. The SB95c is a nice blend of the 2 and I'm very pleased thus far. I really think the Yeti is the one to beat in this category of "one bike to rule them all". I have mine setup with the same 150mm Pike and a CC DBair.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Much more than than the alloy version. I am currently running a Ground Control 2.3 on Enve AM's with loads of clearance all the way around. I would say the clearance is on par with the Intense Spider Comp and almost as much as the Tallboy LTc. More than the Ripley and Rip9 RDO(although close).

It's not Banshee Prime clearance, but I haven't found a carbon bike that is.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    Colin, any chance you've had time on a 2014 Float 34 yet? Wondering if its worth it to sell my fork for the Pike. Also wondering if you've talked to Niner at all about the 150 Pike and their frame warranty policy.
    Have not ridden the supposed "fixed" 2014 version, but I can tell you that it's worth the upgrade from the 2013. I wouldn't replace the 2014 Fox just yet unless you are unhappy with it's performance.

In terms of running the Pike @150mm on the Niner, I didn't call them on it. Might be worthwhile if planning on doing it long term though. The overall A-C length of my Fox 34 140mm was longer than the Pike 150mm so I figured why not. Maybe I had a weird Fox 34, but it was a good 7mm taller than the Pike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    An amazing fork
    150 29" solo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If you're thinking about getting one of the new RS Pikes...-img_3164_web.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    That T29 looks ready for business. Nice bike!

mtbr member

If you're thinking about getting one of the new RS Pikes...

Have not ridden the supposed "fixed" 2014 version, but I can tell you that it's worth the upgrade from the 2013. I wouldn't replace the 2014 Fox just yet unless you are unhappy with it's performance.

In terms of running the Pike @150mm on the Niner, I didn't call them on it. Might be worthwhile if planning on doing it long term though. The overall A-C length of my Fox 34 140mm was longer than the Pike 150mm so I figured why not. Maybe I had a weird Fox 34, but it was a good 7mm taller than the Pike.
    That's odd regarding the AC measurement. I see the Fox 140 at 553 and the 150 Pike at 561.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I thought it was odd as well, but if you sit them side by side the Fox definitely is taller. Maybe my Fox fork is an oddball. Of course this could explain why I felt my Ripley handled subpar, I was running 160mm fork on it

Powered by ice cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Just rode mine.

It's pretty damn good.
    Crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Go ahead Enel, order one for the Prime.

Powered by ice cream.
    Go ahead Enel, order one for the Prime.
    It seems I am due a little something for me
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    You deserve it It really is a great fork and matches up well with the DBair.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    It seems I am due a little something for me
    Mine shows up tomorrow, I'll have it on the Prime for thursdays ride. Went 51mm.
    The one I felt up in whistler @ chromag was pretty compelling.