mtbr member
    Jan 2011

HT MB Phantom Pro 29er to a Voodoo Canzo 29er frame?

Hey guys,

Please be patient with me regarding this, as I am not nearly as knowledgable about these things as most of you are.

My current bike is a Motobecane Phantom 29er Pro:
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...om29pro_08.htm

However, I have been wanting to go to FS for a bit and have been looking at this frame:
    http://www.airbomb.com/itemMatrix.as...trixType=1&Av=

Anyone have an idea what sort of difficulties or problems I will encounter trying to make this a straight swap?

workin' it Administrator
    I just made a similar comment here: FS 29er bikes from BD: The Story so far...

Generally besides the obvious items (seatpost and front derailleur due to differing seat tube diameters but not always), swapping from a HT to a FS frame usually requires new shifter cables and housing and possibly longer rear brake housing (which if it is a hydro can be a pain if you are not capable of doing it yourself) due to differing cable run routing and cable stop locations.

Otherwise i suspect everything would swap in easily (also depending on your mechanical prowess).
    Try this: HTFU

Terror of Sidewalls
    Jul 2007
    Just taking a quick look, the seatpost diameter is smaller on your current bike so you'll need a new one of those. The front derailleur may have to be changed to a high clamp one because of how the shock is mounted. You'll also need to convert the fork to 100 mm if you haven't already.

MTB B'dos
    Good info from RC, if you want more info on the Canzo best bet is to check out the big thread here in the 29er forum. Voodoo Canzo 29er: So what do you get for $750