mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Here we go again....tyres....wich one for AM/Enduro

After reading hundreds of reviews,trying lots of different sh*t, and looking through all the mtb forums i just can't decide.

What is the best AM/Enduro tyre?..i'm still looking for a allround tyre wich combines low rolling resistance(for the xc-round) with good grip for my Enduro trips.Does such a tyre exist or do i need to go for two sets?

At this time i'm running Maxxis Ardents and already had some flat's becouse of snakebite's,but the grip and rolling resistant seem ok.
    What are you guy's (and girls ofcourse)running on your AM/Enduro rig?

SS in CO
    not AM but I try to get the biggest tires on my SS just because I like it. I'm running a Panaracer Rampage 2.35 up front and, eh...it's ok. nothing special.

but the rear...Panaracer Cedric Gracia 2.25. this is the best big tire I've ever run on the rear. large lugs & really grippy compound make for awesome traction, but the center lugs are unique & provide for great rolling on XC-type terrain. I'm loving it a lot. I'd be interested to run it on the front as well and see how it did. I'm not that impressed with the Rampage yet. I thought the Kenda Nevegal was a better front tire...

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freeko View Post
    After reading hundreds of reviews,trying lots of different sh*t, and looking through all the mtb forums i just can't decide.

What is the best AM/Enduro tyre?..i'm still looking for a allround tyre wich combines low rolling resistance(for the xc-round) with good grip for my Enduro trips.Does such a tyre exist or do i need to go for two sets?

At this time i'm running Maxxis Ardents and already had some flat's becouse of snakebite's,but the grip and rolling resistant seem ok.
    What are you guy's (and girls ofcourse)running on your AM/Enduro rig?
    I've had a Maxxis 29x2.3 High Roller II on the front of my Banshee Prime for 3/4 of a year now, and I'd highly recommend it when it (finally) becomes available. I've got other prototypes to try (DHF 2.5, DHR II 2.3 and DHF 2.3, and a Hans Dampf 2.35), but I never have gotten around to mounting them b/c the High Roller II just works so darn well.

For the rear, the Ardent 2.25 Exo is hard to beat, IMO. Go to the Ardent 2.4 if you keep having trouble with pinchflats, and can't or don't want to increase inflation pressure.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.