mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Help me decide between these 2 bikes...

New to the scene and looking to get an entry level 29er. My price range is $700 to $800 and I am deciding between the following 2 bikes:

Diamondback Overdrive Sport 29" Mountain Bike - Blue - Sport Chalet

Fuji Nevada 29er 2.0 Mountain Bike - Black - Sport Chalet

The Fuji is on sale for $200 off through Sunday so I have to make up my mind before then.

Any thoughts on to which one you would prefer or are they both pretty similar?

Thanks for the assistance!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Have you ridden either of the 2?

IMO they are both pretty close to being the same, but I could be overlooking something.
    It looks like the Fuji is 27spd vs the 24spd of the DiamondBack, I would probably lean toward the 27 speed option in this case.

That said,

It should ultimately come down to which of the 2 bikes fits or feels better to you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The fork is the most important component.
    Neither has a fork for the fun trails. The Suntour fork is designed for bike paths and easy trails. There is an upgrade offer from Suntour listed on Beginners. $175 for a Raidon air. $240 would get you a RS Recon Gold air fork 1.5lbs lighter.
    ROCK SHOX RECON GOLD TK AIR 29er Mtb Suspension Fork 100mm White Shocks NEW: 350166 Random Bike Parts
    Other option are an Airborne Guardian for 675 or a Novara Ponderosa at REI for 800 on sale now with a Raidon fork already.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    The fork is the most important component.
    Neither has a fork for the fun trails. The Suntour fork is designed for bike paths and easy trails. There is an upgrade offer from Suntour listed on Beginners. $175 for a Raidon air. $240 would get you a RS Recon Gold air fork 1.5lbs lighter.
    ROCK SHOX RECON GOLD TK AIR 29er Mtb Suspension Fork 100mm White Shocks NEW: 350166 Random Bike Parts
    Other option are an Airborne Guardian for 675 or a Novara Ponderosa at REI for 800 on sale now with a Raidon fork already.
    I rode the Novara a few times, very solid and comfortable ride. Definitely recommended.