mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Help with Epic Marathon 29er crank set

Building a epic marathon 29, member on the site helped with wheel set selection (thanks) now looking for some help with cranks. Looking at shimano XT (770), the specialized web site indicates the need for outboard bearing. Looking at several wed sites they refer to the XT bottom bracket on the M770 as external bottom bracket. 1) Are they the same? 2) Any special information I may need prior to placing my order? Thanks in advance for the help!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Outboard bearing and external bottom bracket are the same thing. Sweet frame, had the full bike last year.

jrm
    mtbr member

The SLXs

Quote Originally Posted by mtbscooby
    Building a epic marathon 29, member on the site helped with wheel set selection (thanks) now looking for some help with cranks. Looking at shimano XT (770), the specialized web site indicates the need for outboard bearing. Looking at several wed sites they refer to the XT bottom bracket on the M770 as external bottom bracket. 1) Are they the same? 2) Any special information I may need prior to placing my order? Thanks in advance for the help!
    are pretty much the same crankset (diff being the chainrings), cheaper and look better