mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Help with brain fuzz - 29er bike choice

This is doing my head in

Have been riding my On-one ti 29er for well over a year, ss and rigid. Time has come to get something to compliment it. I want 1x9 and front forks. I've got a set of 120mm Rebas (which can obviously be droppped to 100mm) that I've had for ages waiting for something to put them on.

I ride xc. Very muddy in winter. Can be rocky and very rooty. Not particularly drops and only air by accident! I enjoy climbing. Normally 2-3 rides and 5-6 hour events (for those who know Mendips and Quantocks).

Intrigued by slacker HA and shorter CS.
    Looking at:
    1. Banshee Paradox - good reviews but do I need 120mm of travel?
    2. Canfield Nimble 9 - crossed off list now due to delays
    3. Scott Scale 29 - current fav, but expensive to get in UK
    4. New LT On-one frame - either ti or steel. Ti probably too much, steel some way off.

Any thoughts appreciated. Have trawled and searched but wonder if anyone in similar position?

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I have a Scott Scale 29 frame on order(should be here any day) but it was a HARD decision between it and the Paradox! The only deciding factor for me came down to the color and components I had laying around. The 80mm Lefty Carbon Sl and the 31.6 KCNC seatpost/clamp wouldn't fit. The fork was the BIG issue. My vote for you since you're going to be pretty rough on whatever you get would be the Paradox You can run either 120mm OR 100mm and you'll still have a pretty slack HT angle. 70degrees with 100mm and 69degrees with 120mm...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Sinister Simon Bar
    Custom?
    The new Voodoo Sokouri (or whatever its called) (not sure about CS length though)
    Enjoy the ride!

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    If we're adding to his list, Soul Cycles Dillinger

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    AND, Chumba HX2!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Sinister again not available in UK without much . Custom too much, I've seen the Voodoo but not a slack HA and CS longish (I think). Keep the thoughts coming!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    TBA it's probably between the frames I've listed. HX2 is available here but I've heard of a few probs with gear cable routing.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I'm in no way affiliated with this guy but he has had a few Paradox frames for sale, in different sixes/colors, for a few weeks. He's the guy I ALMOST bought mine from He may be cheaper than your other Paradox option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1979wt_1167

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink
    Intrigued by slacker HA and shorter CS.
    Looking at:
    1. Banshee Paradox - good reviews but do I need 120mm of travel?
    2. Canfield Nimble 9 - crossed off list now due to delays
    3. Scott Scale 29 - current fav, but expensive to get in UK
    4. New LT On-one frame - either ti or steel. Ti probably too much, steel some way off.
    I don't see geo listed on Scott's site. I never would have thought the Scale was comparable to any of the others. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Just saw the other thread. Didn't know the HTA was that slack...
    Last edited by Wish I Were Riding; 03-18-2010 at 10:35 PM.