mtbr member
    May 2013

Hello from a MTBR newbie - Question about Sette Razzo fit

So I am getting set to make the leap to a 29er. I used to amateur race mtn bikes 20 years ago, but kids, etc.. I have been destroying the IronHorse I bought in 2010 so it's time to upgrade. Sadly I can only spend 1k on a bike right now. I have been shopping online and at the few local stores we have when I read and saw the closeout on Sette Sette Razzo X7 10 Speed 29er Alloy Mountain Bike | Sette | Brand | www.PricePoint.com. That is definitely a bike I would love and would fit my style of riding, and it's a steal.

However, I am struggling with the fit decision. I am 5'8" with a 31" inseam. My current 26" bike frame is a medium and I have room to lift the bike. It seems I am right on the border between a 16" and an 18" depending on frame geometry. Pricepoint doesn't have any 16's left.

Any advice (or other comparable bikes) is helpful.

Your Best Friend

Re: Hello from a MTBR newbie - Question about Sette Razzo fit

Ah, the joys of buying a bike online. Step 1, have no idea what size you need so you ask other people on the internet. :thumbup:
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Ah, the joys of buying a bike online. Step 1, have no idea what size you need so you ask other people on the internet. :thumbup:
    lol exactly! That's why I always test before I buy ;p

mtbr member
    May 2013

Hello from a MTBR newbie - Question about Sette Razzo fit

So let me clarify - I get fit, I used to build bikes. I can't get a handle in the Razzo geometry and whether because it's a 29er the 18" frame will be too big. I have test ridden just about everything available and some mediums fit, some small. I have also been comfortable on 16-18" frames depending on the brand.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Stegerman, I am 5'10 with 31.5" pant inseam - so real inseam floor to taint is a few more. The 18" fits like a glove and is awesome. It is NOT a smallish medium though = I'd say it is bigger than my large SC Tallboy by a bit.

If you are XCish and like big bikes, may be ok. Otherwise, I vote the 18" is too big.

If you are in CT or nearby, PM me and you can borrow it. Also ask Silentfoe why he is looking through internet forums (and pooing on folks who ask them) - can't he just go to his lbs and ask his questions?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by benoksanen View Post
    Stegerman, I am 5'10 with 31.5" pant inseam - so real inseam floor to taint is a few more. The 18" fits like a glove and is awesome. It is NOT a smallish medium though = I'd say it is bigger than my large SC Tallboy by a bit.

If you are XCish and like big bikes, may be ok. Otherwise, I vote the 18" is too big.

If you are in CT or nearby, PM me and you can borrow it. Also ask Silentfoe why he is looking through internet forums (and pooing on folks who ask them) - can't he just go to his lbs and ask his questions?

That's what I have sadly figured out. I did a bunch of measuring on my current 26" frame and I think the 18" is just a bit on the big side. Now I'm considering the BAMF Suckerpunch.

Thanks for the feedback.