mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Hand built bicycle show

Anyone going to the show this weekend? I will be there and will be posting photos for those who cannot make it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligero
    Anyone going to the show this weekend? I will be there and will be posting photos for those who cannot make it.

I'll be there. A friend and I are heading up from San Diego on Thursday. Weather looks pretty nasty but we'll have our bikes/lights along with us for some rides.

Recovering couch patato
    A Dutch delegation is already on it's way, Hubert and JJ are there to pick up JJ's new frame and do their tour of the west past several singlespeed parts makers and custom frame builders.
    At the show they can be recognized as they are 6'4" and 6'6" tall, acting like 10 y/o's on a Nintendo convention. :-) Babbling something that will sound liek German to most, shooting pictures of everything and everyone.
    And for the record, we in the Netherlands hate their guts :-) Oh yeah, and all at once the rainy weather here stopped and we're now enjoying the fresh snow and bright sunshine...not :-(
    Have a good time boys!

'r you some kinda ssissy?
    i'll be there. sat or sunday depending on weather.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

What rides

Quote Originally Posted by double0b
    I'll be there. A friend and I are heading up from San Diego on Thursday. Weather looks pretty nasty but we'll have our bikes/lights along with us for some rides.
    What rides are you doing? I leave Friday AM from San Diego too..

Squalor
    Jan 2004

Can't wait!

I'm flying into San Jose on Friday and then leaving on Sunday after the show to head down to Carlsbad with a buddy.

I can't wait.

Are all you guys staying at Clarion also? We need to get the MTBR crew together for beer or something one night.

I'm coming from TN and meeting a buddy out there, neither of us now anything about San Jose so it should be fun.

LP

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by lanpope
    I'm flying into San Jose on Friday and then leaving on Sunday after the show to head down to Carlsbad with a buddy.

I can't wait.

Are all you guys staying at Clarion also? We need to get the MTBR crew together for beer or something one night.

I'm coming from TN and meeting a buddy out there, neither of us now anything about San Jose so it should be fun.

LP
    I'm leaving first thing in the morning. 20 hours of windshield time getting there with truck & trailer. The show will be great fun but it strikes me ironic that I'll spend 40-hours driving to attend a self propulsion show.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    I'm leaving first thing in the morning. 20 hours of windshield time getting there with truck & trailer. The show will be great fun but it strikes me ironic that I'll spend 40-hours driving to attend a self propulsion show.
    Hey Steve, will you be showing any of your new 29er stuff? I'm going on Saturday morning.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

I can't wait.

LP
    I am also flying out of TN on Friday. Which airport are you flying out of?

tl1
    Bicyclist

Maybe next year...

...you can book a high speed solar powered Zeppelin for getting to the show.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by durbish
    What rides are you doing? I leave Friday AM from San Diego too..
    Not sure exactly. We're staying with a friend in the area who will be leading the rides. PM me an email address or phone number if you feel like joining.

Are any of you going to the seminars, or just checking out the builders/venders?

Are any of you going to the seminars
    i probably will.

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    I am also flying out of TN on Friday. Which airport are you flying out of?

I'm from Memphis, so I am flying out of here at 6:30am to hopefully make part of the show on Friday.

Your from Chattanooga right? (I think I read that in another post) I lived there for a little over a year and am trying hard to get back over there. It is WAY too flat over here!

LP

Squalor
    Jan 2004

Are any of you going to the seminars, or just checking out the builders/venders?
    I am going to try to make several of the seminars too.

LP

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Don - I bet I drool more at your booth than any other at the show...

Oooooohhhh Aaaaahhhhhh....Superrrrrrrr Masterrrrrrr

LP

mtbr member
    I'm going as well. The only norwegian, afaik.

See you all!

Truls Erik Johnsen
    Senior Editor
    http://terrengsykkel.no

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm from Memphis, so I am flying out of here at 6:30am to hopefully make part of the show on Friday.

Your from Chattanooga right? (I think I read that in another post) I lived there for a little over a year and am trying hard to get back over there. It is WAY too flat over here!

LP
    You think Mephis is flat, I am originally from Tampa. I am living Chattanooga now much better trails and real mountains. I am flying out of Nashville at 6:15 am hoping to get to the show by mid afternoon.

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    You think Mephis is flat, I am originally from Tampa. I am living Chattanooga now much better trails and real mountains. I am flying out of Nashville at 6:15 am hoping to get to the show by mid afternoon.
    Do you lay over in Dallas.

Not flying into San Jose on American # 1347 by any chance are you?

LP

mtbr member
    Cloxxki, what is JJ picking up and does it have big wheels??

Got Twins?

I'll be there...

I am going to try to make several of the seminars too.
    LP
    I'll be there checking out the vendors on either Saturday or Sunday depending on weather.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Despite my hopes, I'm missing it this year. It looks like my favorite frame fabber is gonna miss it also. It's a bummer because his stuff rocks. Hope things are under control in GA...
    Last edited by Drevil; 03-02-2006 at 04:27 PM.
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | ssoft | flickr

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    Despite my hopes, I'm missing it this year. It looks like my favorite frame fabber is gonna miss it also. It's a bummer because his stuff rocks. Hope things are under control in GA...
    I saw that too...major bummer...I was really looking forward to picking his brain and picking up a copy of 700see.

I hope all is well in GA also.

LP

mtbr member
    I'll be there. Arriving Friday and out Sunday. No Kids, No wife, Lot's of bikes I am pumped. Lock up the beer....

KgB
    SNGLSPD

El Camina Fab

AKA Jason Groves will be there,hopefully he will have my new frame there also.
    I've been inside too long.

Recovering couch patato
    Just went to the show's website. Man, with all those great seminars there's no time to check out any bikes! I hope someone videotapes them all :-)

mtbr member

Sycip Designs

Hello all. I want to ask a favor from one bike enthusiast to the next. My Sycip 29er full suspension is being displaid at the show. If someone would be so kind as to snap some pictures of my new steed I would be forever greatful. You can't miss the frame, not because of it's color scheme (steel gray metalic) per say, but because it will most likely look much larger than the rest of the bikes as I am 6'6" tall.

Thanks in advance. Have fun at the show......wish I could be there to pick up my frame.

Jason

29 inches and Pissed Off!
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Hello all. I want to ask a favor from one bike enthusiast to the next. My Sycip 29er full suspension is being displaid at the show. If someone would be so kind as to snap some pictures of my new steed I would be forever greatful. You can't miss the frame, not because of it's color scheme (steel gray metalic) per say, but because it will most likely look much larger than the rest of the bikes as I am 6'6" tall.

Thanks in advance. Have fun at the show......wish I could be there to pick up my frame.

Jason
    I think I just left a fingerprint on your frame. I did not take a camera, so no shots. Very nice frame.I ran into Francis also checking out your bike. He took some shots. I went by for a 2 hour lunch.

Dan C.
    CaptainKana.com
    Mountain Biking.....Cheaper than a mistress.

mtbr member

Hoping for Wednesday

Dan,
    Thanks, at least this way I know it is real and not just a figment of my imagination.

Here is hoping for a Wednesday delivery of my frame so the boys at Webcylcery can put it together for me. So close.......

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kana
    I think I just left a fingerprint on your frame. I did not take a camera, so no shots. Very nice frame.I ran into Francis also checking out your bike. He took some shots. I went by for a 2 hour lunch.

Dan C.

mtbr member
    I just got back to my hotel room from the show. I got in trouble for taking pictures. No picture taking allowed w/o a press pass. What B/S... the info leading up to the show said nothing about this "rule" but anyway I did get some pics prior to being shutdown. I'll clean them up/resize and figure out where to post and let you all know.

29 inches and Pissed Off!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkbike2
    I just got back to my hotel room from the show. I got in trouble for taking pictures. No picture taking allowed w/o a press pass. What B/S... the info leading up to the show said nothing about this "rule" but anyway I did get some pics prior to being shutdown. I'll clean them up/resize and figure out where to post and let you all know.
    Francis, the MTBR Overload, had a press pass. I am sure he will be posting them.

Dan C.
    CaptainKana.com
    Mountain Biking.....Cheaper than a mistress.

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Good sleuthing work, Jeff.

You're such a rebel....and we appreciate it!

How's the Wolf bike look?
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Good sleuthing work, Jeff.

You're such a rebel....and we appreciate it!

How's the Wolf bike look?

I need to take a closer look, I assume you mean Wolfhound? It didn't grab me so I need to look closer tomorrow. BTW your fork was there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Oswald

Here are a few picss

mtbr member

Last pics for tonight

Mainly road bikes here at the show but a few cool things. You have to hunt for some of the details as they are subtle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Here is the photo's I managed to take before I got shut down. If I would have known that I could not take pictures I might not have gone.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I will try to get more pictures tomorrow.

Witty McWitterson
    OH my god. lookit those brakes on that Bruce Gordon! Someone GET DETAILS! Those are the most elegantbeautiful brakes I've seen yet. Probably waaaaaay out of my price league, but still. I gotta know.

BIG bummer about the press pass/picture thing. Major. major buzz kill for sure. As much as its apriciated for this show to be put on, what's the point w/o a bunch of geeks snapping shots to "promote" these builders on geeky forums like this?
    Just a regular guy.

Recovering couch patato
    That's about the lamest I've heard...no pictures! 2 friends of mine spent 10hrs in the plane just to get there. Wearing the same shirt+short everyday to carry more memory cards and batteries. and now they can't enjoy a beer after the show, because it might mess up their detailed memory of the experience.
    Had they known in advance, the press card wouldn't have been a problem to arrange for. That is, unless they are $$$, which would be lamer still.

*Hotter than Hell*
    Aug 2005

tasty!

somebody please take a picture of a fixedgear bike before I take that dekerf and rollit& smokit! I need my FIX!

checkout the scrub angle on the rear wheels on that trike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

please identify builder

Great pictures. Who is the builder of the red mountain bike? That BG front rack is pure art.

mtbr member
    I even scanned their web site twice to make sure it said nothing about no cameras allowed. Certainly last year a lot of folks took pictures. I would not have gone if I'd knew this in advance. I plan on "looking into it" a little more today. Yesterday I was beat from the plane ride and in need of a beer so I just left and got a beer instead of getting real mad. They were real nice to me about it but it still blows.

mtbr member
    Oswald, there is a thread in the manufactuers section from him building that bike, all by hand with no power tools. Although the "Oswald" badge is laser cut by someone else.

Recovering couch patato
    Oswald. Check the Manufacturers sub-Forum, all details on the build!!

mtbr member

Bruce Gordon Half clips

I bought these for my townie bike. They are Ti of course and expensive as everhing from BG tends to be.He was quoting $10,000+ for one of his complete bikes and while nice... These were $73 If I remember, but what the hell I'm worth it....

Kill your... television
    I need to take a closer look, I assume you mean Wolfhound? It didn't grab me so I need to look closer tomorrow. BTW your fork was there!
    I could be wrong... but, I think that is my fork.
    "Whereas Motoman's bike looks like an industrial, TinkerToy experiment gone horribly wrong." - Aquaholic

Ti
    Misfit

velocipede technician

im blind

bump

mtbr member
    I'm sure Jeff can fix it after the "accident" today.

Needed Less ~ Did More
    Nice photos guys, keep 'em coming (if you can) the photo-ban stinks (as it is a public show, a trade one I could *sort* of understand....the Shimano launch for example) I was considering going but it is the weekend I fly out to the Taipei bike show (other end of the scale?) so I gave it a miss.

I will report from the Taipei show with photos (super-covert secret squirel mode if I have to!)

Bummed to hear that MC was not able to attend, would be good to have some pratical-art to off-set the emperors-new-clothes-fancy-widgets and chrome Yeah I expect to get flamed for that but its only a bike after all My best wishes to Matt....

Alex
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Do tell...

Beer it does a body good!

Love that red Osswald

That bike gets better every time I see it. That plate crown fork is so retro-cool. Osswald keep up that fine work and I will start saving my lunch money.
    I never met a cyclist, that I could not learn from!

Big G
    Winner of the Gnome Fest Quattro Home brew contest

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have been told a couple of diferent reasons why we are not aloud to take pictures but I got told the best reason ever today. I was told that someone last year took a picture of a frame and posted it on a porn site. Even if it was true, who cares! I flew all the way across the country to the show and had to pay to get in so I think I should be able to take pictures(and post them to my porn site) if I want to, I thought that was what the show was for.

Kill your... television
    Yeah, what is that all about?
    "Whereas Motoman's bike looks like an industrial, TinkerToy experiment gone horribly wrong." - Aquaholic

Ti
    Misfit

about the picture thing

it didnt seem like they were too hard core about the picture taking. plenty of non press folks were taking photos. mostly they asked first.

mtbr member
    I have been told a couple of diferent reasons why we are not aloud to take pictures but I got told the best reason ever today. I was told that someone last year took a picture of a frame and posted it on a porn site.
    I think I saw the photo they are talking about-It was on biglugs.com.

mtbr memeber
    The Wolfhound 29"er was cool. It had a design that had shorter chainstays than a Karate Monkey!

Recovering couch patato
    Wolfhound? Tell us more? Was it geared or SS?

elbow gloves

Photos

in the photos gallery
    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....=723&password=

I want a Vanilla!

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motoman711

I heard firsthand from BobD that your fork was being violated in all sorts of crude ways.

I guess it's a karma thing from you flogging BobD's Jones before he even took delivery.

Aqua

PS I know someone who is getting a Wolf bike! It's gonna be trick!

mtbr member
    What I heard was it involved a can of coke and a cellphone, hope you like
    a little color
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Wolfhound

i remember seeing a Wolfhound at the 02 interbike show, it was in the White Brothers booth witha WB fork on it. supre trick headbadge.

what's their story and any pics?

all for now
    nate
    "believe what you ride, not what you read" 94 WTB catalog

Witty McWitterson
    I remember finding the WH site on the NAHMBS website and followed it from there. Reasonable prices, creative looking frames/details, nice reading attitude. They say they're all about 29" ,but have none picutred on the website. Maybe theres one at the show?
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member

A wish come true

Thank you Francois for snaping a shot of my new iron stead. I can't wait to receive this sweet ride.

Jason

mtbr memeber
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Wolfhound? Tell us more? Was it geared or SS?
    Sorry about the time lag. I wrote my post and went to sleep. I'm no expert on Wolfhound but I spent some time talking to the builder and his customer/booth person. He's a newer builder but his stuff looks great. He had a 26" freeride type hardtail that apparently has done many 6-10 ft drops, so durability when designed for seems good.

The 29"er was built tough, had subtle gussets, and an amazing paintjob. I can't remember where I've seen the bb junction design before (I think I've seen it on something else). The seatube comes down and splits into 2 near the bb creating more space and perhaps more mud clearance. It had a front chainguide and a rear derailleur, so 9sp only I think. The frame was just under 6lbs, built with thick tubes. In imagining if I ordered one for myself, I asked if I wanted one in singlespeed could it be built lighter for more xc riding and he said yes, in his mind he might be able to find a lb to shave off, mostly from the traditional front triangle. The tubes on the rear look like a swoopy Jones done in steel. They also said an e-type front derailleur could be used with the design. As far as custom touches go, he seems willing to try just about anything, from the sense I got. I more impressed with the functional ingenuity I saw in his design than in any other for 29"ers (I didn't see a complete Jones anywhere). The aesthetic craftsmanship, however, from all the builders was overwhelming.

mtbr member

SS Clyde 29er

Umm yea, that GB (Bruce Gordon) bike, did u check the price?

Mainly road bikes here at the show but a few cool things. You have to hunt for some of the details as they are subtle.
    (drum roll)....13,500!!!!!!!!! Truely a work of art ..BUT...RE-FREEKIN-DICILOUS...in my mind, its still a lugged steel frame.

Dress it up w a gorgeous paint job, and hand make brakes n racks, BUT still...its a lugged steel frame when it is all said n done. same goes for Richard Sachs in my book.

Can somebody say, "Pass me a Surly anyday! (just wish they were made in USA)

mtbr memeber
    And from that link you can go here:

http://www.clockworkbikes.com/NAHBS2.html

The red bike in the middle is Wolfhound's 29"er. There is no pic of the bb junction. The pic of the track bike next to the last red pic is also a Wolfhound, and you can see the front end of the 29"er in the background. I already asked the person who took this set if he had one of the the complete bike or just the bb area. He said he didn't.

And on an unrelated note, as I was walking through the crowd I overheard someone walking the other way say to someone else, "it's like Interbike, for snobs".

Squalor
    Jan 2004

The 29ers from the show

Some of these are not that good, but here is what I got...

All the 29ers I could find at the show:
    https://umdrive.memphis.edu/lpope/public/NAHMBS/

No problems taking pics for me...

Good show...

LP

Where's Toto?
    Bunches and bunches of scrumpdily-icious pics here (11 pages of multiple pics so far):

http://www.msdhw.com/gallery/browsei...p?c=43&userid=
    Last edited by endure26; 03-06-2006 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Multiple metal orgasm...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    What crank is that on the wooden bike?

Witty McWitterson
    Thanks for the pics guys. Good stuff!
    Just a regular guy.

SS Clyde 29er

not too sure but,

Quote Originally Posted by jtompilot
    What crank is that on the wooden bike?
    says Bomber Crank or Cranks? Profile used to make some w that motif, and http://www.paulcomp.com/ had some similar ones at the show that he will be making in mass soon: black anodized, (as evidenced on the opening page of his website but not yet listed).

hope that's got ya covered!

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Really good stuff! Now, I regret not attending the show.

So, for the peeps that were there....what was the "Best in show"? MTB ...not that roadie crap.

mtbr member

Good job! Just a couple more days...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Thank you Francois for snaping a shot of my new iron stead. I can't wait to receive this sweet ride.

Jason
    Hang in there Big-Dog, it's coming.
    Nice way for your frame to start out...in the spotlight !!!
    JK
    ' Bend's dirtiest Acupuncturist '

bendoregonsinglespeeders

teamwebcyclery

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I could be wrong... but, I think that is my fork.
    You're right, that's your fork.
    I visited Jeff two days ago and saw your bike, it's way nice! The whole meeting was very nice, we talked with Jeff about bikes and biking. He knows his stuff very well! I also rode his personal bike for a couple of rounds, that only makes me want one more! Too bad I'm still on the list, don't know when my bike can come together ........ Someone willing to give me his place in line? PM me ; )

BTW, the show was very very nice. Saw many beautiful bikes, met very nice people.

mtbr member

I was there...

I was there...just got back to snowy Wisconsin last night.

It was nice meeting all the builders. Hung out with D. Walker, Lobster, Land Shark...

I picked up my Land Shark. A ss cross/touring bike with room for 29er 1.9 tires. WAHOOO!!!!!

Nothing like pretty bikes.

Flight Junkie
    If that's yours, you are going to love it. I am stoked with my Sycip FS...
    ROTOR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Aq

So, for the peeps that were there....what was the "[B
    Best in show[/B]"? MTB ...not that roadie crap.
    the retro tech 29er ss tandem.

Kill your... television
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubert
    You're right, that's your fork.
    I visited Jeff two days ago and saw your bike, it's way nice! The whole meeting was very nice, we talked with Jeff about bikes and biking. He knows his stuff very well! I also rode his personal bike for a couple of rounds, that only makes me want one more! Too bad I'm still on the list, don't know when my bike can come together ........ Someone willing to give me his place in line? PM me ; )

BTW, the show was very very nice. Saw many beautiful bikes, met very nice people.
    Geez, I haven't even seen my completed frame yet... Jeff is great to hang with. I have been to his place twice and he is a blast to ride with... phenominal abilities.

Ti
    Misfit

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpre
    And on an unrelated note, as I was walking through the crowd I overheard someone walking the other way say to someone else, "it's like Interbike, for snobs".
    Really, someone said that? What a snotty thing to say. That's totally missing what's going on. Obviously, the 29er thing was there, but the big story is the revival of the randonneur bike and the growing small builder presence in North America. The pictures of the variety of handmade bikes are incredible.

Anyone see snow/sand bikes there?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Got back from the show today, my short report

Hi all

I was at the show, took the redeye back to MI last night/this morning. XC flights are great if you make yourself so tired out you can sleep the entire way back home! Let me vent now, the SF airport sucks! It was like a test trying to dump off the rental car and get to my terminal!!! Makes Detroit airport look good!

OK the show. I read the comment in another post where someone said this was like interbike for snobs and I totally disagree. The buzz, vibe, whatever you call it was very cool. In fact I heard many times the comment that this is much better than interbike.

I was most impressed that all the builders without exception were so friendly. I got to meet and talk to (For short while anyway) most of the builders. I was blown away by the Vanilla trike as I think most were, and am I mistaken did it win best in show? I thought the Old Man Mountan bike was awesome he said it was his first bike and it is full suspension alum bike with many tricky machining. I also liked very much the Ahearne double chainstay bike. Also liked the Ahrens Alum bike with the trick machined pieces. I kept checking out the Sachs road frames just because they are so very nice. The retrotec John Deere green tandom was cool. And the bamboo/carbon Calfee 29er rohloff was amazing. It drew massive crowds. There really was so much bicycle art in there it was boggling. I like it all.

Did anyone check out the titanium couch in the paragon booth? Also the Pauls new cranks are amazing CNC.

BTW Bryce, your new fork is great. I got to check it out in the anvil jig. Also, when JJ was leaving the show he stopped over to say bye and he had it, so I got to feel just how light it is. Super nice. Funny story the security guy came over and told JJ he couldn't leave the show with the fork unless the booth person (Anvil) escorted him out. I suppose it is better to be more secure than less. It just seemed a bit funny JJ couldn't just leave with the fork he made without permission!

The Wolf bike is awesome too. Fred the builder is very quiet and unassuming. For full disclosure here on the board I assisted him in his booth. He's going to make me a bike in the (Near)future, and it was the first time we met in person. He sort of sits back and lets his workmanship speak for itself. I like his thinking and dedication. BTW he got 3rd place in the show for fillet brazed frame! I rode the red 29er about 2-3 miles around San Jose urban and I liked how it rode. I rode it thru some gritty area where there was a Latino chuch service going on with sort of a Spanish Baptist song. It was a cool juxtaposition (SP?) to cruise past on Freds pimpy bike! Fred's hooked up with a wonderful Oregon painter whose work was highly admired by spectators. His logos are painted on, no decals. I am not a headbadge guy, but I got converted to his 1 oz sterling wolfhound HB (That he mainly makes himself).

Bike stuff aside - Did anyone else at the show discover "Macho Taco"? It was good. I did a cool city run early Sat AM and the Latino/Japanese makeup of SJ is neat, way different than SE Michigan. Also had fun Sat night in SF. Got a chance to see the steepest road I ever saw, and had to run up it. My legs were like jello later. Oh, lastly, the concert at the Clarion Fri night was an awesome time.

Thats my report, hope you liked my ramble.

Bob

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

a snow bike was there

A cool guy from MN had his bike. I think it is Peacock bikes. It had 3 chains and was red/white/blue paintjob. It was SS and had 3 drivechains (Parallel). High style points, and the builder was super cool guy. I don't have pic but I'm sure someone does.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobde
    A cool guy from MN had his bike. I think it is Peacock bikes. It had 3 chains and was red/white/blue paintjob. It was SS and had 3 drivechains (Parallel). High style points, and the builder was super cool guy. I don't have pic but I'm sure someone does.
    Peacock Groove. A triple chained bike of his was posted about a year ago. Same bike?
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | ssoft | flickr

Witty McWitterson
    Quote Originally Posted by ssissy
    the retro tech 29er ss tandem.
    That would be this. I think someone saw it not too long ago. Maybe Francis?
    Just a regular guy.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Not sure we have what you're looknig for, but...

Ivan(Mudanoman) and I went for Mshdw.com and rolled through. The pics are up on the site, I think there's actually more there than Francois got, wow, that's a first.

Enjoy!!

Obi..

p.s. No funny comments about my licking frames!! Tounge never touched the frame, in fact one builder went ballistic, some people can't relax.

Link:

http://www.msdhw.com/gallery/browsei...p?c=43&userid=

Witty McWitterson
    Any pics of the Old Man Mountain? Curious to see what it was. Eric's work(Peacock Groove) reall IS good. He's been at it for quite a few years, first starting out under Croll back when they were running.
    Just a regular guy.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    Ivan(Mudanoman) and I went for Mshdw.com and rolled through. The pics are up on the site, I think there's actually more there than Francois got...
    Lots of interesting pics but no captions, random order and mostly closeups makes it difficult to know what you are looking at.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member

Ask.

I was bummed to see "No Photography" posted on a sign at the entrance, but when I saw other people with cameras, I decided it wasn't a hard and fast rule. To avoid upsetting anyone, I asked each builder if I could take photos. Nobody said no, about half thanked me for asking first and a good many encouraged me to take pictures, some even to the point of moving things around so that I could get a better angle. Though nobody minded their bikes being photographed, some builders, and especially the family members that were there with them in the booths were obviously not comfortable being included in shots and I made sure to respect that. It was a good opportunity to talk to the builders and in several cases have them point out features that they were particularly proud of.

mtbr member

The bike that inspired......

Quote Originally Posted by IBIKEAZ
    If that's yours, you are going to love it. I am stoked with my Sycip FS...
    IBIKEAZ,

Your bike is what sparked my desire to go with Sycip, then I was fortunate enough to meet Jay and Jeremy Sycip through a mutual friend here in Bend. All in all this has been quite a bike building experience.

I will have pictures of the build soon. I'm hoping to get my hands on the frame this week!

Happy trails,

Jason

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bobde
    Bike stuff aside - Did anyone else at the show discover "Macho Taco"? It was good.

Bob
    I ate there a couple times. You cannot get fish tacos like that in Tenennessee.

mtbr member

S3 bike stolen

I heard that the S3 True Temper bike from Mint cycles was stolen at the end or after the show.
    Don't get stuck on stupid!

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Great show...lots of cool stuff and super nice builders

My personal favorite pics...

Tom actually said Jeff was very complementary of his work.

The Rohloff on that bike had the cleanest non-drive side I have ever seen.

Incredible work!

LP

Members who have read this thread: 0