VeloDad3
    Oct 2005

New question here. Gunnar Rock Hound 29er

Anyone out there had any experience, positive or negative with the Gunnar Rock Hound 29er.

mtbr member

Not yet...

Quote Originally Posted by butchc
    Anyone out there had any experience, positive or negative with the Gunnar Rock Hound 29er.
    A close friend of mine ordered one at Interbike but doesn't have it yet.

contains quinine
    I got these pictures from Chad at www.redbarnbicycles.com. Sure looks nice, celesty even.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

No Justice = No Peace

Very Nice

I like the drop out design. Looks solid as a rock. I'm not sold on the bent metal brake line guides. At least it's under the top tube where you won't see it, and it won't snag.
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Building mine this weekend

I just got my Gunnar 29er on Wednesday. I will be building it this weekend and first ride should be Sunday if the weather holds out. The frame looks great and the paint is beautiful. (look for pictures next week)

Two of my friends have Rock Hounds that see a lot of abuse and they just keep going and going. I would compare them to a Timex watch, not real flashy but when it comes down to getting the job done they deliver!

I've sold a lot of Gunnar's and have never had anything but happy customers and I have never seen one in for warranty either, which is why I bought one myself.

I'll post a review of the ride Sunday.

Pat (reformed 26er)

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Dropouts changing

I got word that Gunnar is moving away from the EBB/vert dropouts to a Paragon style sliding dropout.

try driving your car less
    a riding buddy has 2 gunnar 29er singlespeeds. one with horiz dropouts and one with EBB. nice bikes. he is very happy with them.

check the color of the month on their website. it's a nonstock color at no upcharge.
    they are rock solid no frills steel bikes made in the USA. make sure the geometry works for you.

you have til the end of the year to have sunset red over pure gold!
    Only boring people get bored.

oaken tub i'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutarious
    I like the drop out design. Looks solid as a rock. I'm not sold on the bent metal brake line guides. At least it's under the top tube where you won't see it, and it won't snag.
    I have a Rock Lobster that came with similar guides. I kinda frowned when I saw them, but they've worked fine. They don't snag, don't let go of the housing, and it was easy to take the housing in and out of them when I needed to without wasting zip ties. Mine are on the top of the top tube.

Alaska Turner Mafia
    One of my riding partners, akdeluxe, received one this summer. He has a stable of bikes, but this is all he ever rides any more. It's his own custom dimensions, disc specific, and his choice of color and decal treatment. You just can't get him on one of his older bikes lately.

Rando
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name