Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mdc
    mtbr member
    What's interesting about the interview is that they reviewed the TP in Crush Mode exclusively, and then said it felt harsh until it got up to speed. The bike has PLUSH mode- which literally takes 30 seconds to set up, yet they didn't utilize it! I also thought it was funny they said no chainstay brace and loose hardware could potentially make the bike feel flexy- wouldn't loose hardware make ANY bike feel flexy? Good review otherwise. I'm loving my TP, currently riding it set up 130 front and rear in Plush mode ( 29er tires), will set the fork up to 140, and run it in Crush mode once I start hitting lift service runs this summer...

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    The paint thing comes down to the color RADiation. It looks awesome, but the supplier has been having issues getting the raw material mined from the Earth, resulting in spotty availability, and in a couple cases, spotty quality. We recently dropped the color because of that.

As far as the Super Deluxe Coil, it's awesome. I've been riding one for a bit, and it melts trail chatter.

There's always next year.
    Pumped to get my large Trail Pistol later in March, based on a quick parking lot spin and incredible customer service from multiple guys at GG. Worst part of this is waiting until late March to build it up and rip it.

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefan1982 View Post
    Pumped to get my large Trail Pistol later in March, based on a quick parking lot spin and incredible customer service from multiple guys at GG. Worst part of this is waiting until late March to build it up and rip it.
    UPS tracking says mine will arrive in 4 days -- stoked!
    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefan1982 View Post
    Man I ordered my Megatrail a few months ago but have had my bike on standby awaiting the MRP Ribbon. It's worked out great because I've been able to constantly bug GG about changes and finally switching to the new super d coil. I've had the time to over analyze everything and get my bike just how I want, how fuggin cool is that? Thus far it's been the best bike buying experience I've had, but man I'm jonesing to get my grubby paws on that bike.

There's always next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by TugboatComplex View Post
    I've had the time to over analyze everything and get my bike just how I want, how fuggin cool is that? Thus far it's been the best bike buying experience I've had, but man I'm jonesing to get my grubby paws on that bike.
    This. The chance to pick up a new frame was a complete surprise to me (thank you Wife!) so my budget for other parts wasn't as a deep as I would have liked, so I have bounced back and forth on things like fork choice. Will over at GG has been so patient with all my emails and changes and adjustments. It's clear that everyone I've talked to connected to GG is passionate about their products and bikes in general.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_3592.jpg

Hot shit

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TugboatComplex View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3592.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	1124745

Hot shit
    Is that a ribbon on there?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I think so looking at the shape of the brace on the lowers

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Yep, that's a Ribbon. They really did a good job on that fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa View Post
    Yep, that's a Ribbon. They really did a good job on that fork.
    Good to hear, I'm going to put one on my build once they roll out. Colorado frame with a Colorado fork, so rad we can do that. Are you able to share any thoughts on the fork, not many people with actual ride time on them yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CDubz View Post
    Good to hear, I'm going to put one on my build once they roll out. Colorado frame with a Colorado fork, so rad we can do that. Are you able to share any thoughts on the fork, not many people with actual ride time on them yet.
    Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_3600.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_3599.jpg

Sounds like a great fork. Yet to hear a negitive thing about it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

new pistol owner

Hi guys. I actually bought Dusty's trail pistol frame late last year and I'm just getting around to building and riding it over the past few weeks. Here is my current build list:

Medium, raw Trail Pistol frame
    RockShox Super Deluxe rear shock 210x50, 120mm travel
    DVO Diamond Boost fork set to 130
    Eagle X01 shifter, cassette, derailleur, chain
    i9 torch hubs w/RaceFace ARC24 rims
    RaceFace Atlas pedals
    Chromag BZA carbon handlebars
    RaceFace Next SL G4 cranks
    Bike Yoke dropper remote
    King headset
    RaceFace bottom bracket
    OneUp bash guide
    KS Lev Integra 150mm dropper
    Hope Mono M4 brakes 200f/180r setup for SRAM matchmaker on both sides
    ANVL Swage stem 50mm
    Ergon SME3 saddle
    Absolute Black oval direct mount sprocket 32T
    e13 TRSr front tire
    Maxxis DHR 2 DD rear tire
    Lizard Skins grips

There are a few pieces that I used due to budget constraints and those will be changed soon. End of the day though, it would've been cheaper to buy a complete build from GG but whatever. Live and learn. And I had fun building it. So there's that to consider. Anyway, I love how the bike pedals and climbs. Its super quick through single track too. However, when I get into the fast, rough stuff we have around Vegas I feel like the bike wants to throw me off. It bounces all over the place. I've been working with DVO and GG to make the necessary changes but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. Does anyone else have this issue? The Bike magazine review seemed to echo my feeling and I confirmed it with Dusty as well. As of right now the shock has 2 volume spacers and I'm running 220 pounds of pressure to hit the proper sag number. I'll be installing a 3rd this weekend per GG's recommendation. I'm also considering a cane creek shock as they've just released the DB Air CS and new DB IL in 210x55 options which would give me a bit more rear travel too. I'd love to hear what you guys have done with this super deluxe to get it working well. OH, I'm a bigger guy. 6' tall and about 200 pounds in street clothes.

Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_4496_zpstxg4euxl.jpg
    Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-pistol_zpsvwafnymq.jpg

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Bike Mag set the bike up to the stiffest possible configuration, said it was too stiff, and that was the end of their test. So, take that for what it's worth.

I would decrease air pressure/increase sag first, and not add additional volume spacers. The additional air volume spacer is for riders that want a relatively softer top stroke, but with lots of bottom out resistance, which is not what you're describing. It sounds like you want it softer everywhere. Note to check sag the same way we do to make sure you're comparing apples to apples, which is listed in the owner's manual online.

Edit: what damper settings are you running? ie how many clicks of rebound, and what compression setting?

Next, try the suspension configuration called Plush Mode.

Next up is changing either the shock damper tune from medium to light, or going with a longer stroke coil shock. Rockshox can do the tune change if you contact their 1-800 service/warranty line.

If you get a different shock, I would recommend getting a Super Deluxe Coil, which we have in stock and will give you a good deal on one. Those are a known result, which has fantastic small bump compliance.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    thanks for the info. I've already ordered the volume spacer per Jubal's recommendation. It sure would be nice if everyone there was on the same page in this regard. He also offered me a good price on the coil. To be honest, I don't see myself staying with RockShox though. There is literally no damping adjustment on this shock. You just have to use whatever they give you. That's the reason I'm considering either Push (yet to be released) or Cane Creek.

I'm trying to avoid the plush mode switch because I don't want to lower the bottom bracket or alter the steering head angle. Although come to think of it, have you guys ever tried plush mode with a 140 fork and 29er wheels? Seems to reason that plush mode might actually counter act the effect the longer fork has on the geometry.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    All of the damping adjustments of the Super Deluxe Coil RCT are explained here: https://www.sram.com/rockshox/produc...6z5f1i4sv4tkls and here https://www.pinkbike.com/news/rocksh...coil-2017.html

And, Plush Mode raises the BB, it doesn't lower it. It is explained here: https://ridegg.com/Shared/images/tra...ers-Manual.pdf

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    that makes sense since the wheels have a slightly smaller diameter

WIGGLER
    Switch it to plush mode and don't change anything else and give it a whirl.
    PAYASO 36er.....Live the Circus

MR. 36er TROLL

I'm sorry what part of "BIGLY" didn't you understand?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    how much is the bottom bracket raised?

Short-Change-Hero
    Wait if you feel like you are getting bucked/bounced around when going through sections isn't that normally indicative of Rebound being too fast? Did you do all the suspension setup yourself or did you go to a shop and have them do it for you?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I worked directly with DVO on the fork. The shock is very limited in its damping options. You only have the 3 position lever to work with. I have tried slowing down the rebound to no avail.

Short-Change-Hero
    So the rear is bucking you off more than the front? Wonder if the shock you have has a proper tune for the suspension kienomatics (SP?) of the TP? Seems like you are working with GG on getting the shock taken care of but wondering if you may have received a mislabeled or something with the frame (meaning factory labeled the shock wrong). I am assuming that this is the stock shock that came with the frame when purchased and not one that you grabbed on your own and told them you literally wanted frame only???? Just trying to see if there is some random root cause here.

Short-Change-Hero
    @mtg7aa.... Why go with the Raidon fork in the bottom line build? Seems like an undecidedly XC type fork when the Aion/Auron is much burlier and would seem more geared towards what the GG TP is going for?!

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    @mtg7aa.... Why go with the Raidon fork in the bottom line build? Seems like an undecidedly XC type fork when the Aion/Auron is much burlier and would seem more geared towards what the GG TP is going for?!
    Feedback from riders looking at the base level fork have tended to be more drawn to a trail/xc option. But, the freedom to pick what you want is why there are 6 fork options on the Trail Pistol in the online builder.

On the suspension tuning topic, the owner's manual has the best method for developing a solid baseline spelled out in it. Follow that first, and then fine tune.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I have followed the owners manual which is exactly why I was going to install the 3rd volume spacer

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasR6 View Post
    Hi guys. I actually bought Dusty's trail pistol frame late last year and I'm just getting around to building and riding it over the past few weeks. Here is my current build list:

Medium, raw Trail Pistol frame
    RockShox Super Deluxe rear shock 210x50, 120mm travel
    DVO Diamond Boost fork set to 130
    Eagle X01 shifter, cassette, derailleur, chain
    i9 torch hubs w/RaceFace ARC24 rims
    RaceFace Atlas pedals
    Chromag BZA carbon handlebars
    RaceFace Next SL G4 cranks
    Bike Yoke dropper remote
    King headset
    RaceFace bottom bracket
    OneUp bash guide
    KS Lev Integra 150mm dropper
    Hope Mono M4 brakes 200f/180r setup for SRAM matchmaker on both sides
    ANVL Swage stem 50mm
    Ergon SME3 saddle
    Absolute Black oval direct mount sprocket 32T
    e13 TRSr front tire
    Maxxis DHR 2 DD rear tire
    Lizard Skins grips

There are a few pieces that I used due to budget constraints and those will be changed soon. End of the day though, it would've been cheaper to buy a complete build from GG but whatever. Live and learn. And I had fun building it. So there's that to consider. Anyway, I love how the bike pedals and climbs. Its super quick through single track too. However, when I get into the fast, rough stuff we have around Vegas I feel like the bike wants to throw me off. It bounces all over the place. I've been working with DVO and GG to make the necessary changes but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. Does anyone else have this issue? The Bike magazine review seemed to echo my feeling and I confirmed it with Dusty as well. As of right now the shock has 2 volume spacers and I'm running 220 pounds of pressure to hit the proper sag number. I'll be installing a 3rd this weekend per GG's recommendation. I'm also considering a cane creek shock as they've just released the DB Air CS and new DB IL in 210x55 options which would give me a bit more rear travel too. I'd love to hear what you guys have done with this super deluxe to get it working well. OH, I'm a bigger guy. 6' tall and about 200 pounds in street clothes.

Name:	IMG_4496_zpstxg4euxl.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	452.6 KB 
ID:	1130223

Name:	pistol_zpsvwafnymq.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	373.8 KB 
ID:	1130224
    I'm riding the same frame with the same shock, and have not had any issue with a bucking sensation that you're experiencing. I ride mine mostly in Crush mode with a 130mm Fox 34 in the front, and I do run my sag a little softer (30%). I weigh 225 in gear, and have not added any additional volume spacers. I plan on upgrading to a Push once it's available, but that's not necessarily a knock against the Rockshox set-up.

Sorry I haven't offered any solutions other than playing with sag, but I've definitely not dealt with this on my personal ride, and have one of the earlier production built frames, so I don't think a problem lies there.

WIGGLER
    I have followed the owners manual which is exactly why I was going to install the 3rd volume spacer
    Did the third volume spacer do the trick?

MR. 36er TROLL

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    per mtg's recommendation I did not add the spacer. I actually took out one spacer and lowered pressure a bit to achieve more sag. Seems a shame to waste travel on such a short travel bike but it did improve the compliance quite a bit.

I'm awaiting Cane Creek's word that the new DB Inline coil is ready to go and I'm going to give one of those a try next.

WIGGLER
    per mtg's recommendation I did not add the spacer. I actually took out one spacer and lowered pressure a bit to achieve more sag. Seems a shame to waste travel on such a short travel bike but it did improve the compliance quite a bit.

I'm awaiting Cane Creek's word that the new DB Inline coil is ready to go and I'm going to give one of those a try next.
    Cool yea on mine I just lowered the pressure about 10psi and that did it for me. You don't loose any travel just a wee bit of BB height all that travel comes right back when lofting off a rock, stump or drop.

MR. 36er TROLL

mtbr member

Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-20170503_152932.jpg

WIGGLER
    Ok its been an hour since you posted a pic of the GGTP unboxing now where's the pic of it assembled and ridden we're waiting!!!

MR. 36er TROLL

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by todwil View Post
    Ok its been an hour since you posted a pic of the GGTP unboxing now where's the pic of it assembled and ridden we're waiting!!!
    I'll throw up a pic of mine. Have about a week on it. I'll type up some more thoughts once I really have it dialed, but I'm supper happy. Just set a PR on a climb today that I have over 50 times on. It climbs well and look out when you point it down.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    you running 130/140mm travel?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    you running 130/140mm travel?
    Yep

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    how's the steering? I've been toying with the idea of moving my DVO out to 140 but the rake numbers sound huge. Definitely going 130 in the back with my cane creek shock.

mtbr member
    We had rainy weather the last few weeks, but yesterday the trails were perfect. First run was a PR on Berm and Ernie by 13 seconds! That's a short 3 minute downhill, so a pretty significant improvement. My previous best time was on a Pivot Mach 6 with a Switchblade in 2nd place. Both well reviewed bikes and fun to ride.
    Just like the top tube says "I like goin' fast!" I think the steep seat tube, longish front end, and short CS's make a great combination. You're positioned well for seated climbing and it manuals well and is balanced in the air when your weight is on the pedals.
    More to follow for sure.
    Oh, FWIW, I'm 5'-8"ish, riding a small and am using all stock settings for my weight from GG and the MRP Ribbon.
    PPS- Still in the steeper steering Plush mode too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Just an update from me as well. Still dialing mine in. Vegas is very rocky and I'm still not loving my suspension. The bike rocks on relatively smooth single track. I feel like it pedals really well and the riding position is great. I do wish it was a little more poppy though. I rode a medium enduro a couple weeks back and it was so much easier to maneuver over technical obstacles, even at slow speeds. I just feel like the pistol requires a lot of effort.
    Last edited by vegasR6; 05-31-2017 at 01:58 PM.

mtbr member
    I think the TP is riding really well on the rocks around here, but Berm & Ernie is pretty buffed and fast. The trails here are also smoother than the Front Range trails by GG HQ in Golden for sure. Are you running a DVO fork and CC DB Inline Coil on yours?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    DVO, yes. Currently set to 130. Cane Creek, not yet. Still on the RockShox super deluxe for the moment.

fraid of heights
    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboybl View Post
    Also the shaft is 55mm even though it's a 50mm stroke shock. Theoretically you can remove the travel reducer in the shock body and turn it into a 55mm stroke shock and get 133mm of travel. The GG guys said a 29X2.3 will not rub with the 55mm stroke - so Im def trying that as well. Not sure if the damping id different between the 50mm and 55mm so I need to talk to RS first...
    Did you ever end up trying to remove the travel reducer to extend the stroke on the SD shock? Was it a user serviceable procedure?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Everytime you ride in mud, god kills a kitten.

fraid of heights
    I'll throw up a pic of mine. Have about a week on it. I'll type up some more thoughts once I really have it dialed, but I'm supper happy. Just set a PR on a climb today that I have over 50 times on. It climbs well and look out when you point it down.

I'm curious why you'd rather have a strap on your A.S.S. (Aft Security Strap) instead of your N.U.T.S. (Necessities Under the Saddle) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Everytime you ride in mud, god kills a kitten.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stiingya View Post
    I'm curious why you'd rather have a strap on your A.S.S. (Aft Security Strap) instead of your N.U.T.S. (Necessities Under the Saddle) ?
    No preference, honestly rather have the strap on the NUTS. However I incorrectly assumed that the backcountry research strap that I already owned would work on the NUTS bracket. It didn't and is too thick to pass through the frame bracket. I'll get the GG one at some point but right now just hooked it back up to the saddle.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Few new additions to the Pistol this week. I'm calling it version 1.2 and its starting to work better for me. Started by lowering the fork pressure in the DVO to 115. Swapped out the DHR rear tire for the new Bontrager SE4. Setup with 25psi. Swapped out the RaceFace bottom bracket for a BBInfinite ceramic unit. I cannot express how much nicer this is. Well worth the money! Swapped out the RaceFace Next SL arms which have recently failed on me for the 2nd time with a set of RaceFace SixC 175's. Updated from a 2014 to a 2017 model of the RaceFace Atlas pedal with updated spindle. Swapped out my Chromag BZA carbon bars with a set that is a 10mm lower rise and a grey/blue color as opposed to the black/red. Swapped out the Hope M4 brakes for the latest Magura MT Trail Carbon's with HC levers, SRAM matchmaker bar clamps, and Storm HC rotors 203/180. Lastly, I removed the ODI Rouge grips in favor of a pair of Fabic Silicone Lock-on's. The color wasnt my first choice but with the blue trim on the brakes and bars, its starting to grow on me. Only problem now is with the little bit of blue on the bike the green on the fork is driving me crazy. My OCD hard at work.

The brakes must be experienced to be believed. Definitely the best set of binders I've had on a bike to date.

The tire was a definite improvement in terms of rolling speed. It doesnt have the outright climbing traction of the DHR and it has a little more of a rounded profile. However, at 2.4" it appears significantly larger and my feeling from the saddle matches that initial impression. The ride was definitely an overall improvement.

The bottom bracket is tough to quantify. I dont really feel a difference at the pedals. I imagine the true benefit will be the amount of energy saved over the distance of a ride. But man it sure is a beautiful piece of CNC'ed precision.

The cranks felt slightly heavier to spin than the Next SL's (which will be for sale as soon as the forum admins fix the classified section). That was to be expected though. They are mainly there for peace of mind. Same can be said of the updated Atlas pedals. Same old feel but knowing that I no longer have to run 2 or 3 pedal washers adds some confidence when bombing through the rough stuff.

The slightly lower riding position offered by the bars was a small but welcome improvement. If I'm being honest though, I really bought them for the color pattern. The improved riding position just an added bonus.

Grips are just a personal touch thing. I really have been wanting to try a silicone grip from ESI or Red Monkey but I wear a medium glove so I needed something in the 32mm realm and really prefer a lock on. The Fabric grips arent as soft as either of their competitors but, like just like Fabric's other products, they are a high quality piece of kit and the size just seemed to work for me. The ODI Rouges were just a bit too big for my hands.

Not that this an upgrade in the true sense of the word but I also replaced the oil cartridge in my KS Lev integra. It was sagging at full extension and refused to compress unless I took my weight off the saddle. So now the post has had a full service and there is no more bob at the top of the travel. Hey, every little bit helps right?

All these pieces together combined with a slightly different fork setup added up to the best ride yet on the Pistol. Even snagged a couple of PR splits on one of my local benchmark trails.

Version 2.0 still to come......

UPDATE: apparently photobucket has disabled web links unless you want to pay $10/month. Still looking for a decent alternative if anyone knows a place.

Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_4965.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_4966.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_4981.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_4982.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_4983.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_4984.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_4986.jpg
    Last edited by vegasR6; 07-18-2017 at 10:00 PM.

meatier showers
    Few new additions to the Pistol this week. I'm calling it version 1.2 and its starting to work better for me. ...
    Now THAT is a stunning bicycle! Very nicely done!
    =s
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Thanks man. I take pride in my builds. More to come.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Push is an option on the trail pistol, I know it is on the megatrail but don't think it is on the pistol?

It is an option now. GG was offering it to me when discussing my shock options on my XL frame they are building now. I am going to go RS SD air. I really want a Fox shock but Fox doesn't have aftermarket Metric sizes available just big oem's get them for now.

mtbr member
    That's a good looking bike. I wish I had stuck with 175 cranks...

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar View Post
    That's a good looking bike. I wish I had stuck with 175 cranks...
    Thanks. I actually have a set of 175mm Next SL G4's I'm no longer riding. One arm is literally brand new, replaced under warranty by Race Face about a month ago. The other side is in near perfect condition. I even installed the Slik Graphics crank protection and brand new boots. Can include a 32T direct mount Race Face sprocket and bottom bracket as well. Let me know.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Suspension Settings

Thanks. I actually have a set of 175mm Next SL G4's I'm no longer riding. One arm is literally brand new, replaced under warranty by Race Face about a month ago. The other side is in near perfect condition. I even installed the Slik Graphics crank protection and brand new boots. Can include a 32T direct mount Race Face sprocket and bottom bracket as well. Let me know.
    Hey Vegas - a couple observations with my TP settings that might help you get it dialed:

1) The RS deluxe and super deluxe compression and rebound damping settings are coupled - if you slow the rebound down it definitely affects the slow and high speed compression. You can test this by removing the air and cycling the shock by pushing on the seat while changing the settings. You NEED to run the rebound fairly open on the TP. The bike is super poppy so the fact that you said that yours isn't poppy make me think you have the rebound set way too slow. You can't use the curb method for setting either because the linkage is so progressive. If you use the curb method to set rebound you can set the rebound to one bounce, then open up two or three more clicks. Slow rebound makes the shock pack up and slow to move out of the way. So I recommend you speed the shock up a few clicks faster than you think, then set the fork to match. You will be boosting at first so easy on the jumps, but it will feel much better in the rough. Try this first, with your current sag.

2) Set to 30% sag, or set sag for bottom out. 25% sag is too little IMO, unless you are in plush mode. Leave the other volume spacer out for now. Only add it after you've found the sag you like, but need to control bottom out, if that's a problem. I've found that I only need it if I use more than 30% sag. With progressive linkages the shock pressure is super important and there is a big difference in feel even with small 5 or 10psi changes.

3) If you use a twin tube shock or a shock with high and low speed compression and rebound settings you can tune the compression and rebound separately.

4) Coil shocks are more linear and will make the bigger hits feel more controlled. Also not as affected by heat as pressures will not increase on long downhills. Coils are the way to go if you live for the DH.

5) I've been digging plush mode for XC rides. It's an easy switch and turns the bike into a true trail bike if you have a long climb to the top or an all day ride. It really steepens the HA, raises the BB and makes the rear sus more linear (usable for XC rides).

What fork are you running?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboybl View Post
    a couple observations with my TP settings that might help you get it dialed:
    Thanks for the feedback, rudeboy. I'm currently running a DVO Diamond boost up front, set to 130 travel. I was considering moving it up to 140 once I have the 130mm shock on the back.

That's odd that the rebound and compression are affecting one another. Never heard of that on another shock. Just makes my decision to switch that much easier. Cane Creek still doesn't currently have all the necessary parts to complete an inline build at 210x55 but they're hoping for late June arrival. Looking forward to having the ability to adjust compression again. Really not a fan of the one setting for everyone philosophy on the super deluxe. Most likely leaning toward the DB incline coil. I wouldn't say I live for the downs but I definitely enjoy them more. I came from a Knolly Warden and I'm still faster and more comfortable on that bike in fast, technical, rough sections of trail. I bought the Pistol to have better all around capabilities for climbing and pedaling. But so far I'm not really feeling like it was worth the trade off. Hopefully the new shock will cure that. I'm actually starting a build on a Knolly Delirium this weekend to get my DH/park fix.

I definitely upped my sag number to 30%. I even removed one volume spacer so I'm currently running only one. I actually slowed the rebound a bit to try and combat the bouncy feeling the bike had initially. I cant recall where I'm at click-wise. I'll check tonight and write back.

I havent tried plush mode yet but I just may have to do that soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Just got my XL Done

It was so hot this weekend and some other family stuff have kept me off it this weekend. Long length is amazing though. Sizing seems perfect for my 6-3 and long torso/arms. I feel so balanced on it test riding. First bike I think I will be sliding the saddle back instead of forward that I have ever owned (to keep front end down). 65mm stem so I didn't go too short. Tried a 35mm but the longer one seems better.
    Swapped the Chromag seat for one of my NOS WTB SST Team Saddles. I always go back to those which is why I am hoarding them.

Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-fullsizeoutput_156b.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-fullsizeoutput_156a.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_0401.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_0410.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_0405.jpgGuerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_0412.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    looks good

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    It wasnt planned but here is a little taste of Pistol v1.3 Back in black. More to follow.

Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Review-img_5330.jpg
    Last edited by vegasR6; 07-18-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12