Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Grand Canyon CF SLX 29er Review

Anyone bought this bike and could post some review about his experience?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I've purchased two Canyons. Neither one a CF 29 but I do have the AL29 (my wife has the other Canyon). I'm really pleased with the bike ( my wife loves hers too) and had smooth experience with ordering and shipping etc.
    Their fit calculator is a little funky. I just went off the geometry numbers and chose my own size (a large, the calculator said meduim) and it's perfect.
    The AL29 has the same geo as the CF and it's really good. The bike climbs really well, but still feels really balanced and solid going down. The handling is really predictable and not twitchy.
    The CF looks really nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The CF doesn't start shipping until about the week of December 7th. Medium and large are gone until Feb. in 8.9.
    Here's some of the info out there.
    Team of two won the multi-day TransAlp last summer for the Topeak/Ergon team
    One team member then took it to a win at the Leadville 100 in Colorado.
    Intro info--.
    Canyon Presents 2013 CF SLX Carbon Hard Tail 29"ers

The price of the 8.9 makes it a good value compared to a Scott Scale 930.
    They just listed a frame only option. Unfortunately the 1699E price is not in line with the direct sale value they usually offer. That price is more than a Scott 910 frame through a dealer. and only 300 less than a complete bike with Fox fork. I hope they can re-evaluate that option to something like 1199.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just ordered my grand canyon cf slx 8.9

What is the cw4 means when you check the availability?

Still waiting for the order confirmation.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    It means calender week 4, so around the beginning of Feb.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Surferbruce View Post
    It means calender week 4, so around the beginning of Feb.
    Omg

It appear CW7 for the model that i want,means third week or FEB?

I thought that they have ready stock 7 units when i saw CW7,sigh!!!!!

Luckily i haven't disassemble my 26inch bike and sell it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    It'll be worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    It'll be worth the wait.
    Yes,i will waiting for it.

How long already you ride with ur CF SLX?which model u owned?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    No CF, I have the AL29 8.9. Been riding it for about 6 months now and love it. The geometry is superb

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No CF, I have the AL29 8.9. Been riding it for about 6 months now and love it. The geometry is superb
    Think in deep after saw ur comment about their size calculator.
    Decided to change my frame to L size after compare with my current frame.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Im also thinking about purchasing one of these babies :-)
    It will be for next seasons XC races!!

I bought a Cube Reaction GTC SL 29r earlier this year and shes a great bike! But now i need to train on it as well so my dilemma was to either buy a cheaper bike and train on that or save up and buy a better bike and train on my Cube :-)

I've decided to buy the Grand Canyon CF SLX 9.9. It has the same drive train and my Cube, all XT etc but weighs 10kg instead of my Cubes 10.6kg.

Hopefully ill be happy with it

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by compkiler View Post
    Im also thinking about purchasing one of these babies :-)
    It will be for next seasons XC races!!

I bought a Cube Reaction GTC SL 29r earlier this year and shes a great bike! But now i need to train on it as well so my dilemma was to either buy a cheaper bike and train on that or save up and buy a better bike and train on my Cube :-)

I've decided to buy the Grand Canyon CF SLX 9.9. It has the same drive train and my Cube, all XT etc but weighs 10kg instead of my Cubes 10.6kg.

Hopefully ill be happy with it
    I like that bike, but the 8.9 is another option. Switch the drivetrain with the Cube with probably a + rear derailleur, some SLX brakes and Roval Control 29 carbon wheels. Save some more weight and add some performance. Sell the Crossride wheels.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Well i've just bought some ZTR Crests on hopes for the Cube to make her lighter and roll better :-)
    I wouldnt even need to put the Crests on the 9.9 due to them wheels being even better than the Crests lol...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm 175lb/80kg. so I built ArchEx rims on Dt rear Ztr front hubs with Supercomp spokes to take my weight and 125kgf drive side for stiffness. Crests can't take the tension to be stiff enough for me. If I was 140 maybe but those new Control carbons are wider and more bombproof for racing. The 800 saved on the 8.9 would go to the carbon wheels.
    .2013 Specialized Control 29 Carbon Wheels for $1200 | Mountain Bike Review

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    I like that bike, but the 8.9 is another option. Switch the drivetrain with the Cube with probably a + rear derailleur, some SLX brakes and Roval Control 29 carbon wheels. Save some more weight and add some performance. Sell the Crossride wheels.
    This is my planning too..

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by duncaterro View Post
    I am waiting the actuall shipping date,after that will disassemble it

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I am selling my 26" too, and one of the options is the Canyon, it looks great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pomami View Post
    I am selling my 26" too, and one of the options is the Canyon, it looks great.
    Order today for not waiting so long if you order tomorrow

They are sell like a hotcake.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have the CF SLX 29'er with the XTR gearing since mid november. I love it. It weighs 9,9 kgs stock with XTR pedals (in L)

The first couple of weeks I had to get used to the geometry, it's kinda weird at first. The short rear end makes it a fun bike and the frame does provide a lot of comfort.

I did replace the stem to a more negative degree to get a bit more drop and i'm thinking of lacing up a set of BOR rims with american classic hubs. That, combined with a lighter cassette and lighter pedals should bring the weight down to a respectable 9,5 kgs I think.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lobotommy View Post
    I have the CF SLX 29'er with the XTR gearing since mid november. I love it. It weighs 9,9 kgs stock with XTR pedals (in L)

The first couple of weeks I had to get used to the geometry, it's kinda weird at first. The short rear end makes it a fun bike and the frame does provide a lot of comfort.

I did replace the stem to a more negative degree to get a bit more drop and i'm thinking of lacing up a set of BOR rims with american classic hubs. That, combined with a lighter cassette and lighter pedals should bring the weight down to a respectable 9,5 kgs I think.
    Wow...you are the first Grand Canyon CF slx owner that comment here.
    What is the weight for L size frame?how much it different from the website said that is 9.5kg for the M frame.
    I ordered mine,but have to wait until cw7 to deliver my bike,I am buying the 8.9 only.
    Mind to share your bike photo here?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    This bike looks amazing

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jos3ph4ever View Post
    Wow...you are the first Grand Canyon CF slx owner that comment here.
    What is the weight for L size frame?how much it different from the website said that is 9.5kg for the M frame.
    I ordered mine,but have to wait until cw7 to deliver my bike,I am buying the 8.9 only.
    Mind to share your bike photo here?
    I think my bike weighed about 9,6 kgs without pedals in size L so it's quite accurate.

I can't post images because I don't have ten posts... I'd be happy to share them...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lobotommy View Post
    I think my bike weighed about 9,6 kgs without pedals in size L so it's quite accurate.

I can't post images because I don't have ten posts... I'd be happy to share them...
    Happy to know that.

What is your height?

I am new to 29er,hope I can adapt to the large wheels.

You can post photo very soon..

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hopefully ;-)

I'm 180cm. According to the canyon website I needed a medium but I have long legs. My saddle height is at 78,5cm and that could not be achieved with a medium frame. So bought an L with a shorter stem.

Your first 29er? Believe me, you will never go back to 26"....;-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast