Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lobotommy View Post
    Hopefully ;-)

I'm 180cm. According to the canyon website I needed a medium but I have long legs. My saddle height is at 78,5cm and that could not be achieved with a medium frame. So bought an L with a shorter stem.

Your first 29er? Believe me, you will never go back to 26"....;-)
    Canyon website want me go to M too..but after I reading the measurement with my current M frame that need 25mm offset seat post I decided to go L with zero offset seat post,I am 183cm.

Ya,this is my first 29er..few of my friend already on 29er,I like the way they roll over obstacles during uphill...when going up hill in obstacles trail they can easily smoked me.of course they can go faster when they are going down.

Hope this bike can give me the control just like they describe on their website,can't wait to get it..

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lobotommy View Post
    Hopefully ;-)

I'm 180cm. According to the canyon website I needed a medium but I have long legs. My saddle height is at 78,5cm and that could not be achieved with a medium frame. So bought an L with a shorter stem.

Your first 29er? Believe me, you will never go back to 26"....;-)

This is unbelievable! We are so similar Lobotomy. I am 1.80 with 88cm inseam length and for 1cm of inseam the site does not assign me the medium frame. If i put 87cm inseam it lets me get the medium size. What's your inseam?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    What do you prefer the lime color or the black&white?!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharil View Post
    This is unbelievable! We are so similar Lobotomy. I am 1.80 with 88cm inseam length and for 1cm of inseam the site does not assign me the medium frame. If i put 87cm inseam it lets me get the medium size. What's your inseam?
    88,5 - 89 cm. Go for the L, no doubt...

I've ridden an M (alu frame) and it's too small.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Inseam must measure with cycling shoes or not?i got 84 inseam only without shoes.dont tell me I got a wrong frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    What do you prefer the lime color or the black&white?!
    Black n white.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hi,

i am waiting for a new grand canyon al 8.9 size M
    I have 1,82m and 0,82 inseam.

Next week should be here!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    By the way the 8.9 Lime color bike is advertised with White fork's crown and in reality it comes with Lime crown which seems not to be even identical color with the lime nuance of the bike. Anyone would be more than welcomed to post some picture for us!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    After reading your comment I just realized that they changed the photo for 8.9 on the web,I save the bike photo few days ago,it is white color crown,but now the color is goes to yellow.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    By the way the 8.9 Lime color bike is advertised with White fork's crown and in reality it comes with Lime crown which seems not to be even identical color with the lime nuance of the bike. Anyone would be more than welcomed to post some picture for us!
    found this photo from their Facebook page that shoot in real time.Grand Canyon CF SLX 29er Review-316623_4631689544003_1771568246_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I found pics of higher quality! How does the green fork look to you?

Grand Canyon CF SLX 29er Review-grand-canyon-cf-slx-29.jpgGrand Canyon CF SLX 29er Review-img_4067.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I found pics of higher quality! How does the green fork look to you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Canyon CF SLX 29.jpg 
Views:	6622 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	768026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4067.JPG 
Views:	3923 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	768027
    To be honest it look great too..the most worried thing is,if I wanna upgrade the fork in future,it is very hard to sell out this shrek fork..
    But I think this fork is enough for me..just upgrade the wheelset and lighter cockpit it will become a very sweet bike already.
    When your's 8.9 arrive?i will get mine 10 days later.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I haven't ordered it yet, cause of color! But since the L 8.9 at lime is in stock at the moment! I think i go for it

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I haven't ordered it yet, cause of color! But since the L 8.9 at lime is in stock at the moment! I think i go for it
    Just go ahead,I changed from team color to team replica too because of the bike is from stock.just get charged,and waiting for the beast coming.
    Excited.....!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just got mine today,but still in friends place..

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Upload High quality photos! I just ordered mine in team replica Large and I expect it in 2 weeks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Upload High quality photos! I just ordered mine in team replica Large and I expect it in 2 weeks!
    No photo for now,bikes isn't in my hand....I think at least have to wait until 17th feb..because I send it to a free duty state...and my friend is having his long Chinese New Year holidays now..

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Grand Canyon CF SLX 29er Review-36351acb-d3ae-49c6-b926-f44178376727-2158-000001cfb00976e1.jpg
    The one and only photo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice. How about an assembly vid.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Nice. How about an assembly vid.
    Our Internet speed in Malaysia is very slow,sometimes take about 24hours to upload a video.

Anyway,I will take unboxing photo only.but at least 20th FEB I just can touch this yellow beast..

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jos3ph4ever View Post
    Our Internet speed in Malaysia is very slow,sometimes take about 24hours to upload a video.

Anyway,I will take unboxing photo only.but at least 20th FEB I just can touch this yellow beast..
    At that time I will have mine here too! so i ll post unboxing video and review test.

mtbr member
    This bike is really nice.
    I have been looking at the 9.9 SL, but waiting until week number 30 to get it in M size, no way!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Also bought a BOR Germany 1266XM Blackstusk 29er wheelset for my Canyon.Grand Canyon CF SLX 29er Review-original.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Canyon sent me before 4 days,

" Your order is currently being processed and will be handed over to UPS within
    the next 48 hours. You will then receive a confirmation of dispatch from us by e-mail together
    with the tracking number of the consignment. The tracking number allows you to
    constantly monitor the status of the consignment via Internet. "

and still I have not received a tracking number 4 days after..

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Canyon sent me before 4 days,

" Your order is currently being processed and will be handed over to UPS within
    the next 48 hours. You will then receive a confirmation of dispatch from us by e-mail together
    with the tracking number of the consignment. The tracking number allows you to
    constantly monitor the status of the consignment via Internet. "

and still I have not received a tracking number 4 days after..
    Got mine after 4days
    received the tracking number.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast