Thread: Got A Teesdale?

Harmonius Wrench

Got A Teesdale?

My buddy Captain Bob does, and this is his sweet ride. True Temper OX Platinum, Paragon sliders, painted to match Origin 8 fork, and sundry bits.

Rides very dreamy, like a single speed should made from steel. Teesdale is local to us here in Iowa, and he's been torching frames up for years. He made some of the late 80's Fishers, Konas, and several other high end steel classics.

Show us yours if ya got one. They are rare though!
    Attached Images Attached Images

oh crap...
    I'm in Iowa City...now that I've been on the look out I've seen two local riders on them...one a 29er and the other a CX. I might be able to snap a photo of at least one of them soon : )
    Grow some food for yourself.

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    wish i could afford one, but bike shop workers don't make a million bucks. i went to college (ISU) with a guy who had one of his tri bikes and would not stop talking about how awesome it was. everything i've seen from him has been amazing.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

What's "social pace?"
    May 2008
    One of my buddies has one of his frames. Looks sharp and rides well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    It wasn't that pricey. Full custom geometry along with painting the fork. Shipping and tax included totaled $890.

It rides like a dream. Exactly what I was wanting.

Team Awesome
    they are super-sweet. I thought teesdale was in NY somewhere, but I guess I'm wrong. His repair/modification work and paint is very good as well... I had a buddy with an Ibis Mojo that wanted disc brake tabs, and he did the work and repainted the bike for a song. Good guy-nice bikes, awesome prices.

I sound like an ad.

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bob
    It wasn't that pricey. Full custom geometry along with painting the fork. Shipping and tax included totaled $890.

It rides like a dream. Exactly what I was wanting.
    wow. much better than i thought. that's not a ton more than i coulda spent on my el mariachi, but that was with fork, and i got it on a big sale when they switched frame styles and that was at wholesale prices. hmmm, if i ever get out of this state(wife's in grad school for a while yet) i might have to grab a frame from him first.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    He made some Marin Team frames in 90-91...unfortunately my Marin Team is not one of them...but that has nothing to do with 29ers.

I think even back then he was ahead of his time, but most of the custom bike builders were. They were making bikes with geometry that wouldn't go mainstream for almost 5-8 years.

Singletrack Snob
    I remember seeing one at Sugarbottom back in 1995, it was a 26" not a 29er back then.

When I get around to replacing my road bike, a Teesdale will be on my short list.
    "I've got a card in my spokes, I'm practicing my jokes. I'm learning!"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    No, but I got some tea bags.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I own 2 Teesdale frames, both 26. Sweet bikes. I like the new decals. Tom builds a very nice riding bike and is a real nice guy too. Good turn around time.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!