mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Got around 2100, which full sus 29er?

Having ridden a camber 29 and spark 29er, I have sold my 2011 rocky mountain altitude 26" and am looking at three or four bikes. I'm really on the fence here between a 2012 camber 29er, the Scott spark team 29, the superlight d xc 29, and the Marin rift zone xc6 29er, possibly the anthem x4 but it comes with a coil recon silver. I'm 5 10" 190# and ride on Alabama singletrack(mild terrain). They are all going to cost me around $2100 out the door, except the Santa Cruz will cost right under 2 after taxes. The camber has the best fork, the superlight has the best shock but uses the single pivot. Is the single pivot that much of a turn off for most people? The superlight is the lightest of the bikes I believe. Again strict budget of 2200 TOPS! And I really want to stick with full suspension.
    Last edited by em6901; 06-18-2012 at 09:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I have demoed the a camber, anthem, and spark. No way of testing the superlight nor the rift zone.
    Last edited by em6901; 06-18-2012 at 09:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yeah, what em6901 said, Scott is making some good stuff.

I'd like to recommend a couple more for you on top of the Scott. I live here in Chattanooga and probably see some similar terrain as Alabama. The first one is the Niner Jet 9 RDO, the other is the Santa Cruz Tallboy. I ride the Tallboy carbon here and the bike is just outstanding. I have it with the front Fox120mm fork. The Tallboy is a do it all bike, climbing, downhill, cornering, whatever you can throw at it. Search these two bikes out and go for a demo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Down to the superlight, giant and camber

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    THree good bikes. Keep riding them to make sure. It's hard when they are that good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Went with the anthem. Weight was a huge factor, superlight weighed 31.3 with pedals, camber weighed 32.2 withe pedals and the anthem weighed 29.3 without pedals...so around 30 with pedals. Maestro is king. They all felt good though.