mtbr member
    May 2010

Good Experience with Specialized

We often hear all the horrible stories about companies not standing behind their products, or treating their customers like second class citizens, so I thought I would share this one.

I picked up a new Rockhopper back in February. Up until this point, I was pretty much a Cannondale guy.

I've been riding 4-5 times a week since then. Last week, I was changing a pinch flat in the rear tire, and notice a blemish in the frame. After cleaning, it looked more like a crack. I took the bike to my LBS, and they confirmed it to be a crack in the frame.

It was in a weird spot, down by the bottom bracket behind the seat post - not near any weld.

I dropped the bike off on Tuesday, and just got a call back today that Specialized is sending an entire replacement that should be here by the middle of next week. Kudos to Specialized for standing behind their frame warranty, and making it easy on me, the consumer.

They've earned a repeat customer in me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Nice! Glad to hear about a bike company standing behind their customer, and their dealer.

Many happy rides on your rad bike.

CS2
    mtbr member
    I love Specialized MTBs. I own 10. The newest is 1992. I probably can't get any kind of warranty on it.
    A garage full of steel frames means happiness.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2 View Post
    I love Specialized MTBs. I own 10. The newest is 1992. I probably can't get any kind of warranty on it.
    Nice - I just took up MTBing seriously (as serious as we can be in Florida with no mountains to speak of) in the last year or so, following a bad motorcycle wreck. I had to get my two wheel itch satisfied somewhere.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I just had great service from Specialized too. My almost 5 year old Hardrock cracked in the chainstay, made a warranty claim, shop had me out on a new frame 3 days later. And I brought the Hardrock while living overseas, so truly international warranty.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2 View Post
    probably won't need to. the old american made frames were hard to kill

PROEDGEBIKER.COM

Good Experience with Specialized

Back in 2010 my friend had a 2004 hard rock pro that cracked on the head tube, took it to lbs and specialized replaced it with a 2010 stump jumper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk