I recently purchased a Giant XTC Composite and have gone about upgrading a few bits, so far I have upgraded the following;
- Stans Arch wheels with Hope Evo 2 Hubs.
- Hope M4 brakes front and rear, 183mm/160mm Hope Floating rotors, Running EBC Red Pads.
- Giant Contact SLR Carbon, Stem, Handlebars and Seatpost.
- Selle Italia Max SLR Gel Flow Saddle
- ESI Chunky Grips
The final upgrades will be;
- SRAM XX1 or X1 Crank Set (yet to decide if I will go 1x10 or not)
- SRAM XX Front and Rear Derailleurs
- SRAM XX Shifters
The bike looks and rides so much better with the upgrades I have done so far, the Elixir brakes that came on the bike were rubbish and the wheels were quite heavy, the stock grips were horrible with the silly pattern they had on them.
The thing I cant decide is to either go for a 1x10 set up or keep 2x10! it would be nice to be able to clean the frame up a little by removing the front derailleur but I am leaning towards keeping the 2x10.. because its nice riding at high speed and having the extra gears for climbing steep hills, going 1x10 will be to much in the middle I think.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Giant XTC Composite build
Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »