Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Diggity Dog

Get A Load Of This Clown ...

While speaking about 29" bikes cleaning a section of trail ...

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    There's simply no way you could clear that on your typical 29er XC bike / hybrid.
    Well, I'll believe that. I'm talking about your typical XC hardtail with semislicks, 95%+ of the 29er market - AKA glorified hybrids.
    Some other quotes.

Part of it is that it's pretty hard to design a 29er with full suspension that doesn't feel unweildy.
    No, it's half truth. They claim that 29er's roll over things better and carry more momentum - true to to simple physics and geometry - but then go and completely fabricate claims that they are better for actually riding.

Face it, you're a sucker.

Well you get the picture and that is just the tip of the iceberg. And the kicker? At their own admission this clown has never ridden a 29 or even 27.5 bike .... never.

Still a big fan of 26" wheels, and believe they are better than 29er's! Even though I've never ridden one and never will!
    They have been going off for literally months in both the General and Passion forums about how superior 26" wheels are. I for one am sick of reading this BS (though I admit to having a morbid fascination with idiocy) and I don't have anything against 26" wheels. Any comments for this loser? Their favorite active thread right now ...

The Good Ol' 26er?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinDiggity View Post
    Any comments ? Their favorite active thread right now ...

The Good Ol' 26er?

29er hybrid, lol.

Grafton and Virgin - Nate Adams and the WFO 9 in Utah on Vimeo
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    So stop reading? Are you sick of it or is it your favorite thread?

For me 29ers were a game changer. For many reasons I would never look back to 26ers and for my riding ability and needs, I don't have a use for 27.5. But I don't hate on 26 riders.

mtbr member

Some other quotes.

Well you get the picture and that is just the tip of the iceberg. And the kicker? At their own admission this clown has never ridden a 29 or even 27.5 bike .... never.

They have been going off for literally months in both the General and Passion forums about how superior 26" wheels are. I for one am sick of reading this BS (though I admit to having a morbid fascination with idiocy) and I don't have anything against 26" wheels. Any comments for this loser? Their favorite active thread right now ...

The Good Ol' 26er?
    I think the guy is taking everyone for a ride.......he can't be serious.......

Stupid is what stupid does....

F.Gump

transmitter~receiver
    That guy is a belligerent ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'm sold on my 29er, superfly feels like second skin while riding. But I don't judge the 26er fans, if the bike works for them and they enjoy the ride, who am I to criticize?

mtbr member
    what'a'tool

----
    I am going to 27.5 and dumping my 26 and 29'ers not because any bike is better than the other...I know damn well ALL my bikes are equally fast in all conditions. I steer them a bit differently, and pick up the front and roll over things a bit different between the two, but no way is one 'better' than the other.

I am only dumping them because I suddenly realized I have too many bikes and am wiping the slate clean and getting all new 2015 bikes and 27.5 just happens to be a size I am not familiar with, so I want to go and set all my new PR's and retake a few KOM's on it. can do it on a 26 can do it on a 29 ...now will go do it on a 27.5

the internet is chock full of *****...I am one myself sometimes

mtbr member
    I have both! I love my Rize4-26er. Been riding it for years and I was able to keep up and play anywhere the 9ers where.
    That being said I recently had the opportunity to acquire a Jet RDO. I love it. I don't think twice about which bike I am going to ride each day. But every once and awhile its fun to get out on the little wheels and play.

Fact is they are completely different bikes. I think I can do things with one that I cant with the other. Thats kinda why I like them both. They both have things that they do great.
    Granted Im referring to two fairly nice bikes and many may not have opportunities to play on such machines.

My opinion- anyone that is whiling to bash one type of a bike or another is just down right IGNORANT. (and probably cant ride for $#!+)

(Definition-ignorant: lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated)

Just saying....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by surfrjay View Post
    I have both! I love my Rize4-26er. Been riding it for years and I was able to keep up and play anywhere the 9ers where.
    That being said I recently had the opportunity to acquire a Jet RDO. I love it. I don't think twice about which bike I am going to ride each day. But every once and awhile its fun to get out on the little wheels and play.

Fact is they are completely different bikes. I think I can do things with one that I cant with the other. Thats kinda why I like them both. They both have things that they do great.
    Granted Im referring to two fairly nice bikes and many may not have opportunities to play on such machines.

My opinion- anyone that is whiling to bash one type of a bike of another is just down right IGNORANT. (and probably cant ride for $#!+)

(Definition-ignorant: lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated)

Just saying....
    What if you prefer one over the other?....I don't see that as bashing.

10 years on the big hoops and there is no going back....but that is just me

mtbr member
    We all prefer something. However, having preference does not determine that choice to be better than the next.

I once heard; Opinions are like...... (you can fill in the blank with your choice of words)
    everyone has one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee View Post
    10 years on the big hoops and there is no going back....but that is just me

Im new to the bigins but I may be quoting you in 9 years. I do love my new toy!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Rule #1 on how to be a mountain biker: "Choose your favorite wheel size. Then be a dick about it."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Rule #1 on how to be a mountain biker: "Choose your favorite wheel size. Then be a dick about it."
    Yea for sure some are that way.

Most could care less what people ride. I ride with guys on 26", 27.5" and 29" wheels....we all have fun.

mtbr member
    I couldn't read anymore. It was way too much BS for me. I rode a 26" for years and loved it. I actually still have it, but no pedals for it currently. I bought my F29 and was like where was this technology years ago? To me it was a night and day difference and I was enjoying my riding even more with the 29r. I am still planning on getting a set of pedals for the 26" so I can take it out on the trail again just to see if I am missing anything. I'm thinking I'm not, but I still want to. Reason I don't want to get rid of it is because one the frame is still perfect and another is the company no longer make mountain bikes. Won't mean much to others, but I still want to hang on to it. It is a Kestrel CSX I bought as a frame and was my first custom built bike as far as mix and match components.
    '12 Flash 29r C3 with a few mods
    '10 Synapse 5 Carbon with a few mods as well..

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    You have to wonder just who he is trying to convince. That crap does get very tiresome, very quickly though. My guess is it's just another maladjusted teenybopper.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Troll mission complete.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Some other quotes.

The Good Ol' 26er?
    Post reported for stalking and harrassment.
    29er = Hybrid Bike.

Ignore List: CannondaleF9, ShinDiggity, smilinsteve

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Are you sure you're not a roadie....

FKA Malibu412
    Sack up buttercup.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

workin' it Administrator
    This is fairly kettle calling the pot black if your signature is any indication of your general behaviour here.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Don't like = don't read. Cardinal rule of the internet. (Along with "don't read the YouTube comments.")

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Too bad we can't lock this dork up with DC, and put a web cam in the rubber room. I'd pay to see that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Nevermind.
    29er = Hybrid Bike.

Ignore List: CannondaleF9, ShinDiggity, smilinsteve

squish, squish in da fish
    Aren't you supposed to be in school?

Diggity Dog
    Making more friends over here huh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast