mtbr member

Geometry Guru's Need help??

Ok..I understand the importance of Geo on a 29er..Been on one since 2005 and have seen the 29er come into its own...Now...Im in the Market for a new FS 29er..Coming off a Banshee paradox(AWESOME GEO) Anyway..Time for FS
    So.. Im down to the short list.. Transition Covert 29 vs. Big S enduro 29..ok .5 in in travel difference.. Enduro shorter CS.. Transition shorter wheelbase...According to the interweb... Enduro 1159..Covert..1133. in wb.. and CS 430mm vs 449.. So what give's.. My first impression would be overall Wheelbase.. I think the longer WB in the Big S is due to slacker HA but for an overall more effecient handling 29er wouldnt the Transition seem to be the ticket..Give up .5 in travel and .5 in Ha for shorter wheelbase????I DUNNO.. Crazy numbers in my head!!!
    I simply want to do Gods will...And he has allowed me to go to the Mountain>>>>>>>

MTB B'dos
    Why move brands, if you liked the Paradox you'll love the PRIME! Glad I could help ;-)
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

What day are we riding?
    Any way to ride both of them? Personally I would go shorter chainstay first as that is my preference - there is a 3/4 inch difference between the two. For me I don't notice the wheelbase differences in my bikes as much as the CS length.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    The difference in WB also comes from the difference in top tube and reach. The Specialized medium is 33mm longer than the medium covert and even longer than the long Covert.