SS in CO

Geo Gurus: best rigid fork for Bianchi Rita?

I have a 2007 Bianchi Rita that I bought new. it's one of the best riding bikes I've ever been on & I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I feel like its geo is spot on for me & my riding style. however, the Reba fork that's on it is starting to bug me. I just keep rebuilding it and I feel like I use the lockout more than not. I live in TX and the trails are not that crazy, and I used to have a fully rigid bike. so I'd like to look into getting a rigid fork.

my question is around fork options that will keep my geo similar so as to not "ruin" the ride when I go rigid. I'm not much of a numbers guy, but I know what feels good. I've seen a couple members with White Bros Rock Solid forks on theirs. but I'm open to all options. I know the AC differs and so does the offset. so I need to know which fork would give the closest feel to my Reba.

here's the Geo from Bianchi's website. I ride a 19.5:

Size, cm 19.5
    Top Tube-actual, mm 593
    Chainstay, mm 440
    Fork Rake, mm 39
    Head Tube Angle, º 71.5
    Seat Tube Angle, º 73.5
    Wheelbase, mm 1008
    Standover Height, in 31.5

suggestions? should I shoot for something close to the Reba? or is there a way to make the bike handle even better?

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

mtbr member
    Talk to Walt. Waltworks Custom Bicycles

I have been one a Waltworks steel fork for almost two years and IMO it is the perfect rigid fork. Walt builds all of his forks specific to the rider and bike and he might even have some suggestions for you.

SS in CO
    yeah, I'm not sure how a steel fork would ride on an aluminum frame. I did think about a custom fork, though.

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I agree - go with Walt's forks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson44 View Post
    I have a 2007 Bianchi Rita that I bought new. it's one of the best riding bikes I've ever been on & I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I feel like its geo is spot on for me & my riding style. however, the Reba fork that's on it is starting to bug me. I just keep rebuilding it and I feel like I use the lockout more than not. I live in TX and the trails are not that crazy, and I used to have a fully rigid bike. so I'd like to look into getting a rigid fork.

my question is around fork options that will keep my geo similar so as to not "ruin" the ride when I go rigid. I'm not much of a numbers guy, but I know what feels good. I've seen a couple members with White Bros Rock Solid forks on theirs. but I'm open to all options. I know the AC differs and so does the offset. so I need to know which fork would give the closest feel to my Reba.

here's the Geo from Bianchi's website. I ride a 19.5:

Size, cm 19.5
    Top Tube-actual, mm 593
    Chainstay, mm 440
    Fork Rake, mm 39
    Head Tube Angle, º 71.5
    Seat Tube Angle, º 73.5
    Wheelbase, mm 1008
    Standover Height, in 31.5

suggestions? should I shoot for something close to the Reba? or is there a way to make the bike handle even better?

J.
    You need the atoc sagged length so keep the trail similar to what you have. Lots of forks with lots of different offset/lengths . Also depends on what type of trails and handling characteristics you are after. On my Raleigh 2008 XXIX I put a 440 mm soma Tange Infinity that put the HA at 72 degrees. I love it, for smooth fast XC and even though it has long stays it rails switchbacks with the low BB and fast steering.