mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Genesis High Latitude 29er

I've been looking around for a steel HT and recently stumbled upon the Genesis High Latitude 29er online. I like the relaxed geo. (69* HTA), short stays (435mm), and a 44mm head tube. Everything looks good, but there's not a ton of info. on Genesis bikes in the US since they're a UK brand.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience on one?
    Enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    C'mon, someone must have gotten one by now!

/Kaliz

Just Ride!
    Wondering about Genesis also? I have been checking out the Fortitude Race as a frame and fork option.

mtbr member
    I've got a Fortitude Race, the best thing for me is it's designed around a 445mm (26") fork.
    If you're running a rigid 29er, this is the way to go!

Try e-mailing Genesis about US supply, they've been pretty helpful when I've contacted them.

Just Ride!
    Here is their response;

"It's a bit complicated due to the Genesis brand that exists in the US already through WalMart. Our suggestion would be to purchase through a retailer who will post to the US, such as Evans."

This certainly makes it a bit more difficult to acquire one, but I am not ruling it out.

Just Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by cockroach View Post
    I've got a Fortitude Race, the best thing for me is it's designed around a 445mm (26") fork.
    If you're running a rigid 29er, this is the way to go!
    Edit: My apologies to LBlkid for discussing a different model in his thread.

I have pretty much been riding rigid suspension corrected for the last ten years, so that is my main motivation for this bike. Just curious if you have ridden on a 468mm rigid 29er and if so can you comment on any difference in the feel? I would certainly think it is more precise...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    No problem kustomz. I won't highlight your text in red or call you a threadjacker .

I'm interested in hearing any experience from Genesis riders, regardless of model. I'd like to know about the geometry, feel of the frame, etc.

I contacted Genesis a few weeks ago and basically got the same response. Evans Cycles does have the High Latitude frame in stock, but after shipping and conversion from British Pounds to US Dollars, it's going to cost more than $600 for the frame. Not ruling it out, but that's a good chunk of change to lay down without hearing much in the way of reviews.
    Enjoy the ride!