Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21

    Geax Saguaro TNT/UST 29er mounting

    It's almost impossible to mount these tire on certain rims (wtb, Rhyno and mavics), what rims have the required clearance to mount these tire by hand or with the use of a single tire lever?
    in other words what rims are Saguaro TNT/UST friendly?

  2. #2
    Vaginatarian
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by rothog
    It's almost impossible to mount these tire on certain rims (wtb, Rhyno and mavics), what rims have the required clearance to mount these tire by hand or with the use of a single tire lever?
    in other words what rims are Saguaro TNT/UST friendly?
    no UST for 29ers
    I ran the Tnts on my Stans flows without much trouble,after the initial mounting and riding for a few weeks they went on & off like most other tires

  3. #3
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,775
    wha?!? but i thought licensed, standard UST equipment was totally hassle free, bombproof, workie workie every time, no questions?
    I run TNT saguaros on discontinued salsa delgado race disc 29ers no problem. due to the similarity in rim design, i'd guess gordos and and semis would work easily too.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grizzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    110
    i had to use a tire lever to pop them onto my XT wheelset. i love it as a rear tire.

  5. #5
    bump and grind
    Reputation: cobym2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    660
    Tight, but got them on my mavic c29ssmaxes with one tire lever. No biggie.

  6. #6
    Just Wanna Ride!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,372
    Work well on Stans Arch and Crossmax 29. A little tight at first - mounted by hand with some extra force but no levers. Very nice pop when seated too. I've used the standard folding bead Saguaros with good results too so you can run the folding beads with no worries and save a little weight (rim choice could vary).

    Saguaros are great tires - my favorite rear for dryish conditions. Rolls fast, but gives better traction that other fast rollers. Long lasting and very predictable in most conditions.

  7. #7
    SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Reputation: 1 Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,063
    I believe it's on the Geax site that Stans Tubeless rims and the Geax UST tires are only "one way" compatible (that means that you can get them on... but you have to cut them off). Go with the non-UST and you should be fine.

  8. #8
    Vaginatarian
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Speed
    I believe it's on the Geax site that Stans Tubeless rims and the Geax UST tires are only "one way" compatible (that means that you can get them on... but you have to cut them off). Go with the non-UST and you should be fine.

    not true
    infact I had an easier time after they had been on for awhile
    do you have a link?

  9. #9
    SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Reputation: 1 Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by dan0
    not true
    infact I had an easier time after they had been on for awhile
    do you have a link?
    I used know where it was but I can't seem to find it on Stans or Geax's site either. I also tried FRM because everyone I know has the same problem with the FRM 388's too.

    I LOVE my Saguaros (actually my favorite tire) but I only run the non UST version and even run them tubeless.

    In any case, if/when I run across it, I'll share it.

  10. #10
    Vaginatarian
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Speed
    I used know where it was but I can't seem to find it on Stans or Geax's site either. I also tried FRM because everyone I know has the same problem with the FRM 388's too.

    I LOVE my Saguaros (actually my favorite tire) but I only run the non UST version and even run them tubeless.

    In any case, if/when I run across it, I'll share it.
    there is no 29 UST tires, only tubless ready

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ElbowScabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    149
    I mounted one on a Blunt....or I should say I broke three tire levers (and now own the best $11 I ever spent on a Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack) before I took it to the LBS to have three beer-bellied brawlers get out their javelin in back to leverage that joker on with a qt of 10w 30...Mobil 1, of course. Great tire, but I am puckering up right now at the thought of having to mount that again.
    mountainbikefaq.com - See my 2x10 to 1x10 conversion (lots of pics!)

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    42
    anyone mount these on roval wheels? wondering if its difficult or not.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    55
    I mounted the TNT to blunt rims using three levers. It's difficult, but can be done. Just make sure you have good levers that don't bend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •